!! Velas- Where the Life Begins !! Get Ready to Witness the Wonderful Life Of Turtles now..
About Velas Turtle Festival & Bike Ride :
Velas is a small eco-village in Ratnagiri district which is famous for the Olive Ridley turtle population that visits the Velas beach every year and lays their eggs. At Velas, turtle conservation movement is undertaken by the villagers. An NGO named Sahyadri Nisargmitra and the villagers committee has taken the initiative to conserve Olive Ridley Turtles by providing protection to their eggs. Witnessing a baby turtle coming out of the egg and then finding its way to the sea by those baby steps is an unforgettable moment. We welcome all the riders to join Mumbai Travellers for this unforgettable journey of tiny olive ridley turtles.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Date : 24th-25th March 2018Category : Bike Ride
Grade : Easy
Duration : 01 Night / 02 Days
Day 01 – Saturday
Assemble at Kalamboli McDonalds by 07:00 am. Have briefing session about the ride & introduction. Start riding towards Velas . En-route breakfast. Visit Bankot Fort. Lunch upon arrival in Velas. Evening visit beautiful beach of Velas. Overnight at Home stay in Velas.
Day 02 – Sunday
Early morning wake up with a hope of sighting those baby turtles again. Post sighting session we will have breakfast and leave for Harihareshwar. Experience one of the interesting part of trip where our bike will be transferred from one district to another in a jetty via sea route. Have lunch at Harihareshwar and leave for Mumbai. Reach Mumbai by 9-10 pm around.
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories 🙂PRICE
Tour Price : Rs.2,499/- per person+ Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership : Rs.2,399/- per member+ Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. Accommodation in a typical homestay sharing basis. (Velas is an eco-tourism village and separate rooms / hotel accommodation is unavailable)
2. Typical Konkani veg meals on tour. (Breakfast, Dinner & Lunch)
3. Sightseeing and entry tickets, wherever necessary
4. Ferryboat Charges
5. Expertise and Guide Charges
1. Fuel & Maintenance charges
2. GST as applicable
3. Anythings other then above mentioned inclusions
Cancellation & Refund Policy applicable on Tour :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 7 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 7 days.
1. The tour dates have been planned after precise calculation of probable hatching dates and as per the information provided by volunteers and researchers at Velas however turtle sightings is a natural phenomena and is matter of luck.
2. Considering safety and security measure, it is strictly not permitted to swim at Velas beach.
3. Moreover, we expect our travellers to take this a complete ecotourism experience, enjoy & explore every bit of the tour and think beyond “just sightings”. There is a lot to enjoy in this short tour so Let’s be travellers, not Tourists 🙂
4. As it is totally eco-destination, we provide accommodation in Konkani bungalow on homestay sharing basis. Food is hygienic and prepared in authentic spices by Konkani Brahmin hosts at Velas village, Ratnagiri.
Additional Information : This is our basic plan as of now and is open to any modification at later time for better suitability.
Note **You need to compulsorily carry the Bikes legal papers and Helmet, Knee Guards, Elbow guards and Riding Jacket. Pillion must wear the full face helmet & Guards compulsory.THINGS TO CARRY
Things to carry:
- Legal Bike Papers and Helmet
- Balaclava 01 nos.
- Long pants
- Round neck T-shirts,
- Windproof Jacket 01 nos.
- Pair of sturdy sports shoes with rubber sole
- Raincoat / Poncho 01 nos.
- Full Body Towel 01 nos.
- Torch with spare batteries, 01 set
Gears needed: COMPULSORY
- Full face helmet(ISI mark/DOT approved)
- Knee & elbow guards
- Riding Jacket (with armour on long trips)
- Permanent Drivers License
- Motor Vehicle Insurance
- PUC Certificate
- Bike Registration Smart Card/Book
- Personal Details of Rider/Pillion
- Id Proof of Pillion(Pan Card/Dl/Adhar Card)
Rules & Regulations:
- Riding order: Two by Two Formation. Single File Leader ahead formation.
- Road Rules to be decided by group leaders.
- 4-5 riders per leader
- No competition between riders or other vehiclesstay focused on road
- No breaking away from the pack
- Keeping to time schedules
- No wrong side riding or overtaking
- No alcohol on Rides
Minimum Bike Condition:
- Headlights and Tail Lights.
- All four functioning Indicators.
- Tyre Condition.
- Number Plate
For More FAQs, please visit this link : https://www.mumbaitravellers.in/faq/
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh