Explore the AMAZON OF EAST !!
About the Tour :
The name “sundar ban” is translated to mean “beautiful forest”. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Sundarbans National Park is a magnificent tangle of mangrove jungle that’s the only one of its kind in the world. It’s spread over approximately 10,000 square kilometers at the mouth of the Ganges and Brahmaputra rivers between India and Bangladesh, and bordering the Bay of Bengal. Around 35% of the Sundarbans lies in India. The Indian part is made up of 102 islands and just over half of them are inhabited. What also makes the Sundarbans unique is that it’s the only mangrove jungle in the world to have tigers — and, they’re strong swimmers! Long stretches of nylon net fencing have been installed on forest boundaries to prevent the tigers from venturing into villages. Most residents of the Sundarbans know someone who’s been attacked by a tiger. Don’t go expecting to see one though. They’re very shy and usually remain well hidden.
Outing Date : 26th-29th January 2017
Category : Wildlife Safari Tour
Duration : 03 Nights / 04 Days
Flight Suggestions :
Mumbai (BOM) – Calcutta (CCU) :JET AIRWAYS : 2:30 am – 4:55 am
Calcutta (CCU) – Mumbai (BOM) : JET AIRWAYS : 9:20 pm – 12:10 am
Note* : You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train / flight booking, we will be happy to help you.
Day 01 :
Pick up from Kolkata airport in an exclusive vehicle and transfer to Godkhali, Sundarbans (Journey time 3 hrs. approx), followed by one and half hours of spectacular cruise journey through rivers Bidya, Hogol, Gomar, Gundi and Durgaduani with lunch on board. We will go for a boat safari and after watching the sunset, we will return to the camp. Dinner on board. (L/D)
Overnight stay at Camp.
Day 02 :
Full day boat safari inside Sundarbans forest and visit to various watch towers like Sudhanyakhali. The sweet water pond at Sudhanyakhali attracts a lot of wild animals and offers you the chance to view them from close quarters. lunch and dinner on board. Overnight stay at boat. (B/L/D)
Day 03 :
Third day involves full day cruise through rivers & narrow creeks of Sundarbans. We would the famous watch towers of Sudhanyakhali, Do Banki and Nethi Dhopani(According to Sightings report). Canopy walk at Do Banki gives an opportunity to watch wildlife from netted enclosure. In evening we may set off to a local village to meet and interact with villagers, fishermen, honey collectors to interact with them & hear their experiences of Jungle(If Possible).
All meals would be served on boat, overnight stay on Camp. (B/L/D).
Day 04 :
Morning and afternoon boat safari with breakfast and lunch on board, evening transfer to Godkhali and drop till Kolkata Airport. (B/L).
Tour Concludes with Happy memories :D
1. Tiger sighting is matter of luck, so enjoy the forest with other mammals and birds.
2. Costing might increase at last minute if there is any changes made in Fee structure by Forest department.
Tour Cost : Rs.20,500/- per person
For Lifetime Members : Rs.20,100/- per member
To be a Lifetime Member, (Rs.1000/- Only) Click Here
Early Bird Offer: Book your seat 120 days (04 months) prior and get Rs.1000 /- off on the total tour amount.
Group Discounts : For booking of 4 or more travellers : Rs.1000/- off per person on the tour amount.
1. All jungle cruises in an motorized boat exclusively for the Group.
2. On field Wildlife photography tips.
3. All Park entry fees, boat permission and guide charges.
4. All meals Included mentioned in the itinerary.
5. Transportation in Private vehicle (Kolkata to Kolkata)
6. 3N/4D Accommodation at Camp on Triple sharing and in boat on multiple sharing basis. (Non-Ac)
7. Expertise Charges
1. Transfer from Mumbai to Mumbai
2. Meals during the train/flight journey
3. Lens/Camera charges
4. Any personal orders, laundry, phone calls.
5. Any porter charges,tips and gratitudes.
6. Anything other than mentioned above
7. Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities or sudden changes in forest fees, permits etc.
8. Anything not mentioned in inclusion list.
For booking you need to deposit advance amount of Rs.12,000/- per person in the following Account:
Balance Payment to be done 21 Days prior to the Tour Date.
NAME : GO TRAVELLISM PVT.LTD.
BANK : ICICI BANK
ACCOUNT : CURRENT AC
AC NO. 623805030086
BRANCH : MULUND (W)
IFSC CODE : ICIC0006238
Cancellation and Refund applicable on whole tour cost :
1. If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.
FAQ’s For WILDLIFE SAFARI:
1. How many people will be there in Gypsy for a safari tour..?
– All wildlife safaris will have 6 pax in one gypsy.
2. Can I get a Safari on 4 sharing basis..?
– Definitely yes, but it will be on extra cost and you need to inform us well in advance.
3. What is the Child policy for Wildlife Safaris?
– A child above 05 years of age is considered as an adult for any safari permit all over India. Children below 05 years of age exempted from any safari costs and can travel free of charge.
4. Are Wildlife Safaris safe?
– Absoultely! Even if all the safaris are carried out in an open gypsy, there is hardly any danger from any wildlife. Plus on every safari we would have a Forest guide with us along with the gypsy driver and our expert who will help out if any unwanted situation arises.
5. What are the safari timings?
– Safari timings change from season to season in different National Parks depending on the Sunrise and Sunset. Usually a safari lasts for 3-4 hours morning and evening.
Approximately the tmings are:
Morning: 6.00 am – 10 am
Afternoon : 3.00 pm – 6 pm
6. What is a Core zone and Buffer Zone ?
– A tourism zone in any National Park is divided into two zones: Core Zone and Buffer Zone. Buffer zone lies around the periphery of core forest area. Most of the tourism/safaris takes place in core zone.
7. What is the best season to do a Wildlife Safari?
– The wildlife safari season starts from October-June. In Winter, from October to March one can have amazing birding oppurtunities with some migratory birds along with decent Tiger sightings and other mammals. March to May as the summer approaches one can have good tiger sightings along with other mammalian sightings and birding. So if you are a tiger centric wildlifer, we suggest you do a safari from March-May.
8. What are chances of Tiger Sightings during the safaris?
– Tiger sightings are dependent on pure luck and chance.Weather conditions also affect tiger sightings.But all our safari tours are well guided with experts and local guides who help track tigers along with other mammals and birds! So we ensure that you take back some unqiue experiences with you if not tiger sightings!
9. Why does one has to book Wildlife Tours in advance?
– The safari permit booking starts 120 days before the actual travel date. Plus there are limited number of gypsies that can enter each gate every safari.Hence safari booking is very crucial and needs to be done at earliest.
10. What kind of facilities will be available at the destionation we are travelling to?
– Our resorts in all the wildlife safaris tours are Deluxe Category; comfortable and homely All resorts are equipped with all amenities like hot/cold water, toiletaries, A/C facitiles, Laundary on call etc. Along with this, Veg-Non veg meals will be available in buffet style.
11. What are the camera charges for safaris?
– Some National parks forest permit charge extra camnera fees to the travellers which carry a high-end cameras with telelenses or video camneras for photography and shooting. For eg: In tadoba : A camera with lens of 200mm and above is charged Rs.200 per safari.
12. I am not a professional photographer or wildlifer…can i still enroll for safari tour?
– Yes,why not?? Every nature lover is welcomed on a safari tour! We feel every traveller must do a wildlife safari atleast once in his lifetime! Its an experience that every individual must take in
13. What are photography oppurtunities for someone who is keen on wildlife photography and will he/she get guidance for the same?
– All our safari tours are balanced providing ample opportunities for wildlife photography. It not only focuses on tigers but also on other mammalian species, birds, reptiles along with capturing beautiful Landscapes and natural beauty.
14. What will the climate/waether be like in/around the park we will travel to?
– The weather differs from regoin to region. Winters are usually cool with temperature ranging from 8-20 degrees while Summers are hot and dry with temperatures ranging from 25-45 degrees.
Some Do’s :
* Carry clothes according to the season of the visit. Carry clothes that will help you camouflage with the surroundings.
* Always carry Original Identity Proof.
* Carry a frangrance-free Sunscreen.
* Always keep your phone on silent or airplane mode when entering forest.
* Cover your face with a scarf to protect it from dust.
* Also carry extra batteries, memory cards for cameras and cover it to protect the camera from dust,rain etc.
* Always remain calm and composed when any sighting takes place.
* Your guide/mentor and locals know the area inside the forest better than anyone, so do cooperate with them.
* Do follow strict timing as given by your team leader to avoid delay in any activities as safaris are group events.
* Always respect your local guide/driver and their knowledge about the forest during an safari.
* For herping/monsoon wildlife tous, always carry wind-cheaters, proper clothing and shoes, water-proof bags. Also get rain proof covers for your camers/binoculars etc.
* Do not litter in forest and surrounding areas
* Do not throw anything out of the gypsy.
* Dont yell,scream or wave at the animals.
* Do not wear brightly coloured clothes or apply any kind of perfumes or deos
* Never feed any animals
* Do not play any loud music in vicinity of the forest area.
* No one is allowed to get down from the gypsy inside the forest.
* Do not argue with any person like forest guards,guides,locals or even travellers from another gypsy during the safari.
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh