Riverside camping near Mumbai, Gazing the Stars…!!
About stargazing trip near Mumbai and camping at Vaitarna :
Ever yearned to spend a night under a billion stars? Observing dazzling stars on a clear sky in a bustling city like Mumbai is next to impossible and hence, Mumbaikars eagerly seek a stargazing trip near Mumbai on weekends. The best place that offers a clear view of the stars is Vaitarna and it is also a much in demand site for riverside camping near Mumbai.
Imagine camping at Vaitarna with beautiful surroundings adorned by a pristine lake, vast clear sky and chilly winds! Moreover, satiate your hunger by lip –smacking local food made on chulha and make friends with beaming local kids. What could be better than this?
Stargazing expert in Mumbai :
Star gazing activity can be fully enjoyed in the presence of an expert. An expert will help you in observing stars, planets and other objects in universe with the help of a telescope. He/she will inform you about several constellations and how to find directions by observing stars. Seems interesting? Then, contact us to learn from a stargazing expert in Mumbai.
“Mumbai Travellers in association with Beyond Earth”, is organizing an event “Stargazing & Camping”, where you will be spending your whole night under a billion stars on the riverside campsite, witnessing one of the dark skies of Maharashtra.
General information about Vaitarna :
Vaitarna Lake is also called as upper Vaitarna portion. The reservoir is created by a dam that spreads on both Vaitarna and Godavari River catchment area.
Vaitarna Dam is an earth fill and gravity dam on Vaitarna River near Igatpuri, Nashik district of Maharashtra state. It is one of the primary sources, used by municipality for water supply in Mumbai. This place is rarely visited by tourists. However, it has become a famous site for riverside camping near Mumbai, as it is surrounded by mountains and small villages consisting of 8-15 houses, per village.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 10th-11th November 2018
Batch 02 : 8th-9th December 2018
Batch 03 : 05th-06th January 2019
Batch 04 : 12th-13th January 2019
Batch 05 : 9th-10th February 2019
Batch 06 : 9th-10th March 2019
Batch 07 : 13th-14th April 2019
Batch 08 : 04th-05th May 2019
Batch 09 : 11th-12th May 2019
Category : Camping
Type : Stargazing
Duration : 1 Night / 2 Days
1) Short trek to reach the campsite.
2) Get mesmerized and informed in the stargazing session.
3) Discover and learn about various stars and planets through telescope.
Day 1 :
We will meet at Dadar by 11.30 am. After a briefing session, grab your seats in our Private Bus and we start our journey for camping at Vaitarna. En-route, we halt for lunch at a dhaba near Kasara (on your own expense). Enjoy your journey by witnessing beautiful nature-scapes and you can also indulge in gupshup and singing.
We reach base village of campsite by 3 or 4 pm.
On arrival refresh yourself with a glass of welcome drink (non-alcoholic) and keep your bags ready as we move towards the riverside. Our secluded camp site is exactly on the waterfront and we trek for around 15-20 minutes to reach at the campsite! On arrival, set yourself free, appreciate the soulful sunset and let your mind wander with the silent breeze.
Now we will proceed with stargazing session. Our expert Mr.Vikram Virulkar will share information on Astronomy and stargazing. Meanwhile our local supporters will arrange for our dinner. Taste the delicious local cuisines in dim light ambiance of the campsite. Make sure you do not hesitate to grab a little more if you really love it. 😉
Post dinner it’s the telescope time! Star-gazing continues. You have option of exploring numerous stars till late night. You can stay awake the whole night exploring stars and photographing them or by hearing amazing stories from our stargazing expert. Whereas, those who are drowsy can go off to sleep in their cozy tents.
The day ends.
Day 2 :
As the chirping birds, give a wakeup call; let your dreams converge with the beautiful reality. Rejuvenate yourself by looking at the serene landscape, while you sip a cup of hot tea. Have a fulfilling breakfast and explore the campsite area. Go, get some water splashes on your face from the water in front of our campsite or click a cool selfie with the beautiful water in the background.
Around 09.30 am start wrapping up the tents and packing our bags. Then is the time for a memorable group photo and then we leave from the site. Around 11 am we start the return journey towards Mumbai in our Private Bus. En route, halt for lunch and we reach Mumbai by 4 or 5 pm.
The stargazing trip near Mumbai concludes with Happy Memories and some newfound friends 😀
1. Basic Washroom facility available at campsite, it’s camping not a leisure trip so one needs to prepare themselves accordingly.
2. Please go through the complete itinerary, we won’t entertain any request of leaving early from the event. It’s a group event not a customized one, so please adhere to schedule and take back lovely memories.
Tour Price : Rs.3,000/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members: Rs.2,800/- per member+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership details (Rs.1000/- Only), Click Here
1. Accommodation in Tents on Triple Sharing basis (Three in one tent)
2. Transportation Ex-Dadar by non-ac private vehicle
3. Meals during the trip (Evening Snacks-Dinner-Breakfast) with tea and refreshment. Veg and Non Veg both.
4. All permissions, Tolls and expertise
5. Stargazing Session with Telescope with our expert Mr.Vikram Virulkar
Note : Temporary camping toilet available near campsite.
3. Tax as applicable
4. Anything other than mentioned above
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 7 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 7 days.
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to Carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Dry Food (Snacks)
2. Torch with Extra cell + candle/matchbox/lighter
3. Personal Medicines
4. Extra clothes and rain wear
5. Cap, Mosquito repellent
6. Sports Shoes/Trekking Shoes (Compulsory)
7. Electral Powder/Tang/Glucon D
8. Sanitary kit
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Water bottle (2ltr must)
11. Rucksack to carry all things. ( No handbags/jholas)
12. Bedsheet/ Pull over (Compulsory)
13. Raincoat or Poncho.
1. Where exactly is Campsite and how to reach there ?
-Campsite is located at Nashik District and the nearest railway station is Kasara.
2. Can we drive down till campsite
– If you are planning to drive down to campsite, it will be totally at your own risk as Mumbai Travellers are not responsible for thefting, damage or any break down.
3. Can children or senior citizen join this camping ?
-Camping are open for all age group. Infants are not allowed on outdoor trips for health concern.
4. How many people will be there in one batch ?
-Normally, our batch size for Camping is 10-25 travellers and registration are open on first come first serve basis.
5. Can I get accommodation on twin sharing basis ?
-Definitely yes, but it will be on extra cost and you need to inform us well in advance.
6. What are washroom facility available at campsite ?
-As we are already in wilderness, the facility of washroom is very basic and limited. We provide toilet tent near Campsite; common for every one!
7. What is Child Policy ?
– If child needs extra seat in vehicle, extra bed and extra meals then the child will be considered as an adult. If not, then child below 04 years will be exempted from tour cost and can travel free of cost.
8. What is best season for Camping?
-Best Season for Camping is October to June.
9.I have already registered. When will I get tour details of Camping event
-Usually, the final tour details like things to carry, leader’s contact details, meeting details and Do’s & Dont’s will be send on email 3 days prior to the trip.
10. Can I pay on spot ?
-Travel Cashless ! Why to carry cash when we have multiple payment options like internet banking, cheque deposit or PayTm.
11.Can we leave early from Campsite ?
-As it is a group tour, we prefer people staying in the group and enjoy every part of scheduled trip and expect everyone to adhere the schedule and take back lovely memories.
12. What kind of Tents are we staying ??
– We have 4 men Alpine Tents with waterproof covering.
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh