Mumbai on Wheels !!
About Mumbai Midnight Cycling :
Mumbai ! As we know it is among the fastest cities of India, but there is other face of beautiful Mumbai which you can see only at night and that’s “Mumbai Nagariya” !!
Exploring the spellbinding coastal route of Mumbai is different kind and unique experience. After taking more than 50 batches and two thousand travellers to the Mumbai Midnight Cycle Ride, getting broad cast and coverages by National and Multinational Media Channels has been an indeed successful journey for Mumbai Travellers. Completing 25 kms cycle ride; it starts from Colaba (Causeway) and ends at Band Stand(Bandra) taking multiple halts at Marine Drive (Queen’s Necklace), Shivaji Park, Worli Sea Face etc…
PILOT EXPERIENCE OF VAIBHAV & NEENAD (2014)
Pilot Experience of Vaibhav & Neenad (2014) :
We completed cycle ride from Nariman point to Bandra with unforgetable memories. We started this ride right from starting point of Mumbai i.e Nariman Point (well known as Queen’s Necklace). It was unplanned & ultimate fun. Keep in mind to pedal in city, clicking pictures, and enjoying the ride as much as we can having no time limit. And this turned out to be an extreme fun for night ! Few interesting things we noticed about this amusing ride in Mumbai :
Safe city– Mumbai Police ! We found police van almost on every halts. You can chill around or roam anywhere on the streets of Mumbai. They are here to guard you, protect you and sometime scold you too. They make sure that you are safe !
Ghoda Gadi wala – “Kitane bhi log bithao par paanch se zyada nahi” The City can be explored on Ghoda Gadi too. Thanks to those people who offer these services even at Midnight. They averagely charge you Rs.300 for Chota ride and Rs.500 for Bada ride!
Chai chai chai – Cycle chai wala, one of the emerging business man on Marine drive Market. You can see many of these guys selling their amazing cutting tea all night along the coastal route. And their comes the”Laaltenwala” for never ending wishes of Mumbaikars.
After spending some quality time on Marine Drive and Nariman point we moved ahead to pass by iconic Haji Ali. Our Photographer “Neenad” ended up clicking impeccable photos of the City full of lights.
Truck Wala : Despite of pain (not legs but bums) we enjoyed it. So, a lesson learnt, “Next time I am going to take cycle with a pillow on seat” :P We took halt near a truck parked on roadside of Hill Road . We were amazed to see that truckwala cooking something inside truck enjoying old songs. Aloo ki sabzi, roti-rice! Oh boy ! It was really tempting that I felt hungry too !!
Plastic Bottle wala : One of the oldest player of the Mumbai nights. You will find those chaps collecting plastic bottles. Suddenly appearing by 04:30 in morning. You will found these guys in certain trance in his own world.
We rode towards Bandra. We found interesting people involved in their chores. Perhaps an U.S shifts. there were few workers sitting beside the campfire. It wasn’t that chilled. Curious to know we asked them. They told that they were doing some piping work 15 feet under ground and people down there were really shivering Moved to our last destination ‘Bandstand’ the first Midnight Cycle ride of Mumbai came to an end. Taking an hour rest, playing some soft music like Lag ja gale, lucky ali, we witnessed the first ray of Sunrise !!
Batch 01 : 17th-18th December 2016
Batch 02 : 24th-25th December 2016
Batch 03 : 14-15th January 2017
Batch 04 : 28th-29th January 2017
Batch 05 : 11th-12th February 2016
Batch 06 : 25th-26th February 2017
Batch 07 : 11th-12th March 2017
Batch 08 : 25th-26th March 2016
Batch 09 : 08th-09th April 2017
Batch 10 : 22nd-23rd April 2017
Batch 11 : 06th-07th May 2017
Batch 12 : 20th-21st May 2017
Category : Cycling
Level : Easy
Duration : 1 Night
1. No midway back out during the ride if you want you can drop the cycles on starting point on your own expenses.
2. There might be alteration in the route as per the situation.
Starting Point : Mad Over Donuts, Colaba Causeway at 11.30 p.m.
Highlights of the Tour:
- Ride to the beautiful coastal route of Mumbai on cycle
- Nariman point
- Marine drive
- Girgaon Chaupati
- Worli Sea face
- Shivaji park
- Siddhivinayak temple
- Mahim Dargah
- Bandra Band stand
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories :)
Tour Price : Rs.999/- per person
For Lifetime Members : Rs.899/- per member
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. Cycle Rental
2. Transfers of Cycles from Band stand back to Colaba
3. Refreshments, water bottles, energy drink on tour
5. Expertise & mechanic Charges
6. All taxes applicable
1. Any Transfer till Colaba and from Band stand
2. Anything mentioned than above
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to carry: ID CARD COMPULSORY
- Wear Shorts / Trek Pants and T – Shirts for the tour
- Water Bottle (2 Litre) Must
- Dry Food (snacks)
- Personal Medicines If any
- Rugsack to carry all this thing.
- Sturdy Sport shoes. No Kitos or sandals please
- Electral powder / Glucon D Must
- Camera (Optional)
Important Tips for Cycling Tour :
- Do not carry heavy luggage while travelling. It burns your energy and takes the fun away.
- The best way to distress is by involving into various activities in the itinerary.
- Do not use abusive language or play loud music. By doing this you will only loose respect and get divided from the locals.
- Talk to your local coordinator who will accompany you in all activities in case of any discomfort.
- In case you are curious to try something please do so but with permission of your coordinator only.
- Mumbai Travellers will not be responsible for any physical harm during the activity. If you follow the instruction of the coordinator chances of getting hurt remain rare.
- Carry desired medicines. In case of any allergy, please inform the coordinator to take care of your stay.
For More FAQs, please visit this link : https://www.mumbaitravellers.in/faq/
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh