Mumbai on Wheels !!
About Mumbai Midnight Cycling :
Fancy a cycle ride through the treasured heritage sites of the city you call home Come and discover aamchi Mumbai on a cycle tour with like-minded adventure enthusiasts. Let the sights and sounds of South Mumbai enthral you under the indigo midnight sky. Breathe in the crisp, cool air you pass by great monuments, old structures, and architectural wonders, all lying asleep at the close of day.
The crackling sounds of a fire to keep a watchman warm, the buzz at a chaiwalla stall, and whoosh of a bus hurriedly moving along to its last halt are truly a different take on the bustling city. Indulge a wave of nostalgia as you pass by the truly magnificent Queens Necklace at night and marvel at the placid waters blending in the dark horizon. Each piece of the city is intricately woven with the past of our colonial history and the future of our hopes and dreams. Come join Mumbai Travellers and discover Mumbai, the city that truly never sleeps!
PILOT EXPERIENCE OF VAIBHAV & NEENAD (2014)
Pilot Experience of Vaibhav & Neenad (2014) :
We completed cycle ride from Nariman point to Bandra with unforgetable memories. We started this ride right from starting point of Mumbai i.e Nariman Point (well known as Queen’s Necklace). It was unplanned & ultimate fun. Keep in mind to pedal in city, clicking pictures, and enjoying the ride as much as we can having no time limit. And this turned out to be an extreme fun for night ! Few interesting things we noticed about this amusing ride in Mumbai : Safe city– Mumbai Police ! We found police van almost on every halts. You can chill around or roam anywhere on the streets of Mumbai. They are here to guard you, protect you and sometime scold you too. They make sure that you are safe !
Ghoda Gadi wala – “Kitane bhi log bithao par paanch se zyada nahi” The City can be explored on Ghoda Gadi too. Thanks to those people who offer these services even at Midnight. They averagely charge you Rs.300 for Chota ride and Rs.500 for Bada ride!
Chai chai chai – Cycle chai wala, one of the emerging business man on Marine drive Market. You can see many of these guys selling their amazing cutting tea all night along the coastal route. And their comes the”Laaltenwala” for never ending wishes of Mumbaikars.
After spending some quality time on Marine Drive and Nariman point we moved ahead to pass by iconic Haji Ali. Our Photographer “Neenad” ended up clicking impeccable photos of the City full of lights.
Truck Wala : Despite of pain (not legs but bums) we enjoyed it. So, a lesson learnt, “Next time I am going to take cycle with a pillow on seat” :P We took halt near a truck parked on roadside of Hill Road . We were amazed to see that truckwala cooking something inside truck enjoying old songs. Aloo ki sabzi, roti-rice! Oh boy ! It was really tempting that I felt hungry too !!
Plastic Bottle wala : One of the oldest player of the Mumbai nights. You will find those chaps collecting plastic bottles. Suddenly appearing by 04:30 in morning. You will found these guys in certain trance in his own world.
We rode towards Bandra. We found interesting people involved in their chores. Perhaps an U.S shifts. there were few workers sitting beside the campfire. It wasn’t that chilled. Curious to know we asked them. They told that they were doing some piping work 15 feet under ground and people down there were really shivering Moved to our last destination ‘Bandstand’ the first Midnight Cycle ride of Mumbai came to an end. Taking an hour rest, playing some soft music like Lag ja gale, lucky ali, we witnessed the first ray of Sunrise !!
SHORT INFO & DATES
Category : Cycling
Level : Easy
Age Limit : 18 years and above
Duration : 1 Night
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 23rd-24th September 2017
Batch 02 : 30th September-01st October 2017
Batch 03 : 07th-08th October 2017
Batch 04 : 21st-22nd October 2017
Batch 05 : 28th-29th October 2017
Batch 06 : 11th-12th November 2017
Batch 07 : 25th-26th November 2017
Batch 08 : 02nd-03rd December 2017
Batch 09 : 09th-10th December 2017
Batch 10 : 23rd-24th December 2017
Batch 11 : 13th-14th January 2018
Batch 12 : 27th-28th January 2018
Batch 13 : 10th-11th February 2018
Batch 14 : 24th-25th February 2018
Batch 15 : 10th-11th March 2018
Batch 16 : 24th-25th March 2018
Batch 17 : 31st March – 1st April 2018
Batch 18 : 14th-15th April 2018
Batch 19 : 28th-29th April 2018
1. No midway back out during the ride if you want you can drop the cycles on starting point on your own expenses.
2. There might be alteration in the route as per the situation.
The tour begins by meeting leaders at 11:30 pm near Theobroma, Cusrow Baug, Colaba Causeway, Colaba. Leaders will meet and distribute cycles to all participants. The ride will be conducted through the night. Ride will be pass through –
1. Nariman Point
2. Marine Drive
3. Breach Candy
4. Haji Ali
5. Worli Sea Face
6. Mahim Dargah
7. Bandra Bandstand (Ride concludes by 4:30 am.)
Tour Price : Rs.999/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.949/- per member+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
Age Limit : 18 years and above
1. Cycle Rental
2. Transfers of Cycles from Bandra Band stand back to Colaba
3. Refreshments, water bottles, energy drink on tour
5. Expertise & mechanic Charges
1. Any Transfer till Colaba and from Bandra Band stand
2. Anything mentioned than above
3. Tax as applicable
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to carry: ID CARD COMPULSORY
- Wear Shorts / Trek Pants and T Shirts for the tour
- Water Bottle (2 Litre) Must
- Dry Food (snacks)
- Personal Medicines If any
- Rucksack to carry all this thing.
- Sturdy Sport shoes. No Kitos or sandals please
- Electral powder / Glucon D Must
- Camera (Optional)
Important Tips for Cycling Tour :
- Do not carry heavy luggage while travelling. It burns your energy and takes the fun away.
- The best way to distress is by involving into various activities in the itinerary.
- Do not use abusive language or play loud music. By doing this you will only loose respect and get divided from the locals.
- Talk to your local coordinator who will accompany you in all activities in case of any discomfort.
- In case you are curious to try something please do so but with permission of your coordinator only.
- Mumbai Travellers will not be responsible for any physical harm during the activity. If you follow the instruction of the coordinator chances of getting hurt remain rare.
- Carry desired medicines. In case of any allergy, please inform the coordinator to take care of your stay.
- Do we have to get our own cycle
No, we provide you the cycles. Since the price includes the cycle rent. Our cycles are all good quality branded cycles.
- Are cycles geared or non geared
It depends on route but mostly mixture of geared and non-geared cycles
- What if we want back out from ride
Normally people dont back out from these ride but in case of injury you can seat inside the utility vehicle(for long range countryside rides). In case of Midnight cycling we dont provide utility vehicle. Our Leaders will arrange Taxi to drop Cycles on starting point, the whole expenses of dropping cycles will be occurred by rider him/herself.
- Whats the riding distance (in kms)
All the rides which we arrange in City and outdoor are between 20 Kms and 60 Kms.
- What we will get in refreshment/snacks
Energy Drink + Sandwich (Veg) + Water bottle (500 ml).
- Is Jain food available
Sorry its not possible.
- Is there any washroom facility
During the ride there will be one halt for washroom in city rides, in case of outdoor ride there will be washroom at starting and ending point.
- What do weve to carry during rides
Small backpack which can easily accommodated on your back or cycle.
- Can I get cycle for my height
Seat height is adjustable and the same can be adjusted before the ride.
- Is there any group discount
Group Discount is applicable Minimum booking of 5 and above. Please call us during working hours (10:30 am 7: 30 pm – Mon-Fri)
- Is this ride is difficult Will I able to do this
All the city rides are of easy level and anyone can do it. But there are few outdoor rides where you will need to have cycling practice, good stamina and endurance.
- Do we have to get our own cycle
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh