Mumbai on Wheels !!
About Mumbai Midnight Coastal Bicycle Tour :
Explore! The image that comes to your mind as soon as hear or see this word is traveling to the far – flung corners of the world. But, we often forget to meticulously explore our own city or neighboring places. So, what could be the best way to explore ‘Aamchi Mumbai’? Well, it has to be a Mumbai bicycle tour! And the best way to unwind and get a break from this bustling city is to ride along the coastal route of Mumbai during midnight hours. As you ride along, the soothing salty cold winds will ooze out all your worries and stress and the music of splashing sea-waves will accompany you throughout. Thus, on this midnight coastal Mumbai bicycle tour, you will see your own city with a different perspective. Our 25 km Mumbai bicycle tour will start from Colaba and end at Bandra bandstand, while covering points like – Nariman Point, Haji Ali, Worli Sea Face, Shivaji Park, Mahim Dargah, etc. We will also take halts periodically, so that you can relax your muscles and our experienced leaders will guide you through the route. So, come join us on this Mumbai bicycle tour and we assure you, your safety.
We also provide Mumbai midnight cycling heritage ride, where you will witness the rich heritage of Mumbai under the indigo midnight sky.
PILOT EXPERIENCE OF VAIBHAV & NEENAD (2014)
Pilot Experience of Vaibhav & Neenad (2014) :
We completed cycle ride from Nariman point to Bandra with unforgetable memories. We started this ride right from starting point of Mumbai i.e Nariman Point (well known as Queen’s Necklace). It was unplanned & ultimate fun. Keep in mind to pedal in city, clicking pictures, and enjoying the ride as much as we can having no time limit. And this turned out to be an extreme fun for night ! Few interesting things we noticed about this amusing ride in Mumbai : Safe city– Mumbai Police ! We found police van almost on every halts. You can chill around or roam anywhere on the streets of Mumbai. They are here to guard you, protect you and sometime scold you too. They make sure that you are safe !
Ghoda Gadi wala – “Kitane bhi log bithao par paanch se zyada nahi” The City can be explored on Ghoda Gadi too. Thanks to those people who offer these services even at Midnight. They averagely charge you Rs.300 for Chota ride and Rs.500 for Bada ride!
Chai chai chai – Cycle chaiwala, one of the emerging businessman on Marine drive Market. You can see many of these guys selling their amazing cutting tea all night along the coastal route. And there comes the”Laaltenwala” for never-ending wishes of Mumbaikars.
After spending some quality time on Marine Drive and Nariman point we moved ahead to pass by iconic Haji Ali. Our Photographer “Neenad” ended up clicking impeccable photos of the City full of lights.
Truck Wala : Despite of pain (not legs but bums) we enjoyed it. So, a lesson learnt, “Next time I am going to take a cycle with a pillow on the seat” 😛 We took halt near a truck parked on the roadside of Hill Road. We were amazed to see that truckwala cooking something inside truck enjoying old songs. Aloo ki sabzi, roti-rice! Oh boy! It was really tempting that I felt hungry too !!
Plastic Bottlewala : One of the oldest player of the Mumbai nights. You will find those chaps collecting plastic bottles. Suddenly appearing by 04:30 in the morning. You will found these guys in a certain trance in his own world.
We rode towards Bandra. We found interesting people involved in their chores. Perhaps a U.S shifts. there were few workers sitting beside the campfire. It wasn’t that chilled. Curious to know we asked them. They told that they were doing some piping work 15 feet underground and people down there were really shivering Moved to our last destination ‘Bandstand’ the first Midnight Cycle ride of Mumbai came to an end. Taking an hour rest, playing some soft music like Lag ja gale, lucky ali, we witnessed the first ray of Sunrise !!
SHORT INFO & DATES
Category : Cycling
Level : Easy
Age Limit : 18 years and above
Duration : 1 Night
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 05th-06th January 2019
Batch 02 : 12th-13th January 2019
Batch 03 : 19th-20th January 2019
Batch 04 : 26th-27th January 2019
Batch 05 : 09th-10th February 2019
Batch 06 : 16th-17th February 2019
Batch 07 : 23-24th February 2019
Batch 08 : 02nd-03rd March 2019
Batch 09 : 09th-10th March 2019
Batch 10 : 23rd-24th March 2019
Batch 11 : 30th-31st March 2019
Batch 12 : 06th-07th April 2019
Batch 13 : 13th-14th April 2019
Batch 14 : 20th-21st April 2019
Batch 15 : 27th-28th April 2019
Batch 16 : 04-05th May 2019
Batch 17 :11th-12th May 2019
Batch 18 : 18th-19th May 2019
Batch 19 : 25th-26th May 2019
1. No midway back out during the ride if you want you can drop the cycles on starting point on your own expenses.
2. There might be alteration in the route as per the situation.
The Mumbai bicycle tour begins at 11:30 PM near any of the following places – Theobroma, Cusrow Baug, Colaba Causeway, Colaba. You will meet the leaders at the meeting point and they will give you a brief introduction about the activity and its rules. Then, the cycles will be distributed to you according to your convenience. After that, our ride starts. We will pass through the following points –
1. Nariman Point
2. Marine Drive
3. Breach Candy
4. Haji Ali
5. Worli Sea Face
6. Mahim Dargah
7. Bandra Bandstand (Ride ends by 4:30 am)
Tour Price : Rs.999/- per person + Tax as applicable *
For Lifetime Members : Rs.949/- per member + Tax as applicable *
* – Refer to Cancellation & Refund Policy before booking
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
Age Limit : 18 years and above
1. Cycle Rental
2. Transfers of Cycles from Bandra Bandstand back to Colaba
3. Refreshments, water bottles, energy drink on tour
5. Expertise & mechanic Charges
1. Any Transfer till Colaba and from Bandra Bandstand
2. Anything mentioned than above
3. Tax as applicable
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- All cancellations must be intimated to our head office on phone followed by a written confirmation via email. Telephonic cancellation will not be accepted as ‘Cancellation Request’.
- For Long (3-Days & 2-Nights and More) Tour/Event/Activity like Special Tour, Backpacking, etc.)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
- For Trekking/Cycling/Camping/Ecotours (2-Days & 1-Night and Less) Activity
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 7 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 7 days.
- For Wildlife Tours (7-Days, 5 Days & 1 Nights and Less) Tour / Expedition / Trail
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
- Refund amount will be initiated after deducting upto 2.5% of the refund amount. The applicable refund will be settled within 7 to 10 business days, after the cancellation request is approved by GO TRAVELLISM PRIVATE LIMITED.
- If Entire Tour/Event/Activity cancelled by GO TRAVELLISM PRIVATE LIMITED, then refund will be processed within 7 to 10 business days of informing to the customer about cancellation of Tour/Event/Activity.
- No refund will be provided if customer claims any kind of refund after 30 days of services provided.
Please Note :
- Amount will be refunded through Electronic Transfer or by the card (Debit/Credit)
- Refund of amount will initiate after deducting the applicable cancellation Charges and service charge and both will be settled within 7 to 10 days of the day of cancellation request approved by GO TRAVELLISM PRIVATE LIMITED.
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to carry: ID CARD COMPULSORY
- Wear Shorts / Trek Pants and T-Shirts for the tour
- Water Bottle (2 Litre) Must
- Dry Food (snacks)
- Personal Medicines If any
- Rucksack to carry all this thing.
- Sturdy Sport shoes. Kitos or Sandals not allowed
- Electral powder / Glucon D Must
- Camera (Optional)
Important Tips for Cycling Tour :
- Do not carry heavy luggage while travelling. It burns your energy and takes the fun away.
- The best way to distress is by involving into various activities in the itinerary.
- Do not use abusive language or play loud music. By doing this you will only lose respect and get divided from the locals.
- Talk to your local coordinator who will accompany you in all activities in case of any discomfort.
- In case you are curious to try something please do so but with permission of your coordinator only.
- Mumbai Travellers will not be responsible for any physical harm during the activity. If you follow the instruction of the coordinator chances of getting hurt remain rare.
- Carry desired medicines. In case of any allergy, please inform the coordinator to take care of your stay.
- Do we have to get our own cycle?
No, we provide cycles. Since the price includes the cycle rent. Our cycles are all good quality branded cycles.
- Are cycles geared or non-geared?
It depends on the route but mostly a mixture of geared and non-geared cycles
- What if we want back out from ride?
Normally people don’t back out from these rides but in case of injury you can seat inside the utility vehicle(for long range countryside rides). In case of Midnight cycling, we don’t provide utility vehicle. Our Leaders will arrange Taxi to drop Cycles on starting point, the whole expenses of dropping cycles will be occurred by rider himself/herself.
- Whats the riding distance (in kms)?
All the rides which we arrange in City and outdoor are between 20 Kms and 60 Kms.
- What we will get in refreshment/snacks?
Energy Drink + Sandwich (Veg) + Water bottle (500 ml).
- Is Jain food available?
Sorry its not possible.
- Is there any washroom facility?
During the ride there will be one halt for washroom in city rides, in case of outdoor ride there will be washroom at starting and ending point.
- What do we’ve to carry during rides?
Small backpack which can easily be accommodated on your back or cycle.
- Can I get a cycle for my height?
Seat height is adjustable and the same can be adjusted before the ride.
- Is there any group discount?
Group Discount is applicable Minimum booking of 5 and above. Please call us during working hours (10:00 am 7: 00 pm – Mon-Fri)
- Is this ride is difficult ? Will I able to do this ?
All the city rides are of easy level and anyone can do it. But there are few outdoor rides where you will need to have cycling practice, good stamina and endurance.
- Do we have to get our own cycle?
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh