Lakeside Camping at Bhandardara at the Pristine Water Reservoir in Bhandardara !!
About Lakeside Camping at Bhandardara :
Sound of chirping birds, ripples of turquoise pristine water reflecting the bright green hills and forests, the soothing sound of the waterfalls, chilly winds, a starry night sky and the cozy bonfire – imagine all these in just one spot! Yes, you can simply relax in a tranquil and serene environment like this, even near a bustling city like Mumbai. How? Well, by just taking a weekend camping trip to Bhandardara. Bhandardara, located near Igatpuri hill station is a perfect weekend getaway for the always busy Mumbaikars. It is the best place for camping near Mumbai. Lakeside camping at Bhandardara offers stunning scenery along with peaceful surroundings. Camping here will refresh your soul like never before and make you appreciate the beauty of unspoiled nature. So, don’t think much and get rid of those stress lines by soaking up the bounty of nature while camping here with likeminded travelers. Also, cherish the memories that you make with your new found friends, when you sing, dance, tell ghost stories and cook barbeque together.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 13th-14th October 2018
Batch 02 : 27th-28th October 2018
Batch 03 : 03rd-4th November 2018
Batch 04: 17th-18th November 2018
Batch 05 : 24th-25th November 2018
Batch 06 : 01st-02nd December 2018
Batch 07 : 22nd-23rd December 2018
Batch 08 : 31st December 2018*
Batch 09 : 19th-20th January 2019
Category : Camping
Duration : 1 Night / 2 Days
1) Reaching campsite by boating
2) Tranquil view of lakeside at Bhandardhara dam
3) Delicious local food available along with veg and non-veg starters
4) Croon with a live guitarist at the time of campfire
5) Share stories and experiences, as per the mood of the atmosphere
6) Arrangement of best quality Quechua tents, along with sleeping bags
7) Availability of life jackets for morning boat ride in Bhandardara dam
8) Guidance by a friendly leader, who is familiar with the place
Day 1 :
We will meet at Dadar by 11:00 am and after a briefing session, will grab our seats in a private bus to start our weekend camping trip to Bhandardara. En-route, we will halt for lunch at a dhaba near Kasara (on your own expense) and then, will continue with our journey to Bhandardara. During the journey, enjoy picturesque nature-scapes. We will reach the base village of the campsite by 4 or 5pm.
On arrival, we will be served with a glass of welcome drink (non alcoholic). After that, we will start walking towards our campsite, situated near the lake. We will be allotted tents on triple sharing bases, after reaching at the campsite. Then, the rest of the evening is spent in leisure. Watch the beautiful sunset as the golden rays of the setting sun glisten on pristine water of the lake. Now, it is time to try our hands at cooking our own barbeques. Later, satiate your hunger pangs by having a local delicious meal. Post dinner, we all will gather around bonfire to spend some time knowing each other. Enjoy by singing, dancing and playing team games or just keep talking till the birds start chirping. You can also go in a deep slumber in your cozy tents.
Day 2 :
Wake up early in the morning, take some selfies or capture the enchanting nature in your cameras. Then, we will have breakfast and go for a boat ride in the lake. After the boat ride, we wind up and proceed towards base village. We get into our buses to return to Mumbai.
The weekend camping trip to Bhandardara concludes with happy memories!
Note : – Toilets tent are provided at the campsite.
Tour Price : Rs.2,500/- per person + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.2,300/- per member+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership details (Rs.1000/- Only), Click Here
1. Accommodation in Tents on Triple Sharing basis (Three in one tent)
2. Transportation Ex-Dadar by non-ac private vehicle
3. Meals during the trip (Evening Snacks-Dinner-Breakfast) with tea and refreshment. Veg and Non Veg both.
4. Self Cooked Barbeque
5. Sleeping Bags
6. All permissions, Tolls and expertise
7. Bonfire Session
1. Meals outside the camping
3. Tax as applicable
4. Anything other than mentioned above
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 7 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if youve booked within the last 7 days.
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to Carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Dry Food (Snacks)
2. Torch with Extra cell + candle/matchbox/lighter
3. Personal Medicines
4. Extra clothes and rain wear
5. Cap, Mosquito repellent
6. Sports Shoes/Trekking Shoes (Compulsory)
7. Electral Powder/Tang/Glucon D
8. Sanitary kit
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Water bottle (2 ltr must)
11. Rucksack to carry all things. ( No handbags/jholas)
12. Bedsheet/ Pull over (Compulsory)
13. Raincoat / Poncho / Wind Jackets / Warm clothing as per season
1. Where exactly is Campsite and how to reach there ?
-Campsite is located at Ahmednagar District and the nearest railway station is Kasara.
2. Can we drive down till campsite ?
– If you are planning to drive down to campsite, it will be totally at your own risk as Mumbai Travellers are not responsible for thefting, damage or any break down.
3. Can children or senior citizen join this camping ?
-Camping are open for all age group. Infants are not allowed on outdoor trips for health concern.
4. How many people will be there in one batch ?
-Normally, our batch size for Camping is 10-25 travellers and registration are open on first come first serve basis.
5. Can I get accommodation on twin sharing basis ?
-Definitely yes, but it will be on extra cost and you need to inform us well in advance.
6. What are washroom facility available at campsite ?
-As we are already in wilderness, the facility of washroom is very basic and limited. We provide toilet tent near Campsite; common for every one!
7. What is Child Policy ?
– If child needs extra seat in vehicle, extra bed and extra meals then the child will be considered as an adult. If not, then child below 5 years will be exempted from tour cost and can travel free of cost.
8. What is best season for Camping?
-Best Season for Camping is October to June.
9.I have already registered. When will I get tour details of Camping event
-Usually, the final tour details like things to carry, leaders contact details, meeting details and Do’s & Don’ts will be sent by email 2 days prior to the trip.
10. Can I pay on spot ?
– Sorry, we don’t have this option. All group departures have to be pre-booked.
11.Can we leave early from Campsite ?
-As it is a group tour, we prefer people staying in the group and enjoy every part of scheduled trip and expect everyone to adhere the schedule and take back lovely memories.
12. What kind of Tents are we staying ?
– We have 3 men Alpine Tents with water resistant covering.
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh