Lakeside Camping at Bhandardara at the Pristine Water Reservoir in Bhandardara !!
About Lakeside Camping at Bhandardara :
If you are living in the city of Mumbai or any of the surrounding towns, then a quick getaway over a long weekend becomes a must, to escape the chaos and madness of the urban jungle.
Nestled in the scenic district of Igatpuri, Bhandardara developed as one of the best and less commercial hill stations of Maharashtra. The village is home to the state’s highest peak, Mount Kalsubai. Embraced by natural lakes, waterfalls, flora and fauna, Bhandardara is the best retreat for the mind, body and soul.
Sound of chirping birds, ripples of turquoise pristine water reflecting the bright green hills and forests, the soothing sound of the waterfalls, chilly winds, a starry night sky and the cozy bonfire – imagine all these in just one spot! Yes, you can simply relax in a tranquil and serene environment like this, even near a bustling city like Mumbai. How? Well, by just taking a weekend camping trip to Bhandardara.
Lakeside camping at Bhandardara offers stunning scenery along with peaceful surroundings. Camping here will refresh your soul like never before and make you appreciate the beauty of unspoiled nature. So, don’t think much and get rid of those stress lines by soaking up the bounty of nature while camping here with like-minded travelers.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01: 02nd-03rd February 2019
Batch 02: 23rd-24th February 2019
Batch 03: 23rd-24th March 2019
Category : Camping
Duration : 1 Night / 2 Days
1. Reaching campsite doing a small trail (5-10min),
2. Tranquil view of lakeside at Bhandardara dam,
3. Delicious food available along with veg and non-veg starters/barbeque,
4. Croon with a live guitarist at the time of campfire,
5. Share stories and experiences, as per the mood of the atmosphere,
6. Arrangement of best quality tents, along with sleeping bags,
7. Availability of life jackets for morning boat ride in Bhandardara lake (Arthur Lake),
8. Guidance by a friendly leader, who is familiar with the place.
Day 1 :
We meet at Dadar (near Pritam Hotel) at 10:30 am. Board our transport vehicle and move towards Bhandardara. Have lunch en route (at you own expense) & move further to our destination. We reach campsite by around 4-4:30 pm. On arrival, we will be allotted with our tents, along with knowledge on some basic instructions for the campsite. The rest of the evening will be spent in leisure. Watch the beautiful sunset as the golden rays of the setting sun glisten on pristine water of the lake. After we enjoy the sunset, we will be indulging in some games. Later, satiate your hunger pangs by having delicious starters/barbecue followed by meal. Post dinner, we all will gather around bonfire to spend some time knowing each other. Enjoy by singing, dancing and sharing experiences and stories or just keep talking till the birds start chirping. You can also go in a deep slumber in your cozy tents.
Day 2 :
Wake up early in the morning, take some selfies or capture the enchanting nature in your cameras. Then, we will have breakfast and go for a boat ride in the lake. After the boat ride, we wind up and proceed towards the parking area. And depart to our respective destination.
The weekend camping trip to Bhandardara concludes with happy memories!
Tour Price : Rs.2,499/- per person + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.2,399/- per member + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership details (Rs.1000/- Only), Click Here
Tour Price : Rs.1,999/- per person + Tax as applicable (without Transportation)
For Lifetime Members : Rs.1,899/- per member + Tax as applicable (without Transportation)
1. Accommodation in Tents on Multiple Sharing basis.
2. Veg and Non-Veg Meals during the camping (Evening Snacks-Dinner-Breakfast) with tea and refreshment.
3. Sleeping Bags.
4. Bhandardara Entry Fee
5. Bonfire Session.
6. Camping Leader & local support at Campsite.
7. Boating Charges.
8. Transportation (Non AC vehicle – Dadar to Dadar).
9. All permissions and expertise.
1. Any other meals than mentioned in inclusions.
2. Tax as applicable.
3. Anything other than mentioned above.
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 7 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if youve booked within the last 7 days.
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to Carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Id Proof Compulsory,
2. Dry Food (Snacks),
3. Torch with Extra cell
4. Personal Medicines,
5. Extra clothes,
6. Cap, Mosquito repellent,
7. Sports Shoes/Trekking Shoes (Compulsory),
8. Electral Powder/Tang/Glucon D,
9. Sanitary kit,
10. Camera (Optional),
11. Water bottle (2 litre must),
12. Rucksack to carry all things. (No handbags/jholas),
13. Bedsheet/ Pull over (Carry if required),
14. Raincoat / Poncho / Wind Jackets / Warm clothing as per season.
1. Where exactly is Campsite and how to reach there ?
-Campsite is located at Ahmednagar District and the nearest railway station is Kasara.
2. Can we drive down till campsite ?
– Yes, definitely! the price doesn’t include transportation. Just note the area has no or very low limited network connectivity.
3. Can children or senior citizen join this camping ?
– Camping are open for all age group.
4. How many people will be there in one batch ?
– Normally, our batch size for Camping is 10-25 travellers and registration are open on first come first serve basis.
5. What are washroom facility available at campsite ?
– As we are already in wilderness, the facility of washroom is very basic and limited.
7. What is Child Policy ?
– If child needs extra bed and extra meals then the child will be considered as an adult. If not, then child below 5 years will be exempted from tour cost.
8. What is best season for Camping?
-Best Season for Camping is October to June.
9. I have already registered. When will I get tour details of Camping event
– Usually, the final tour details like things to carry, leaders contact details, meeting details and Do’s & Don’ts will be sent by email 2 days prior to the trip.
10. Can I pay on spot ?
– Sorry, we don’t have this option. All group departures have to be pre-booked.
11. Can we leave early from Campsite ?
– Yes, you can with lovely camping memories.
12. What kind of Tents are we staying ?
– We have Alpine Tents with water resistant covering.
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers