Exploring the wildlife of a sacred grove !!
About Wildlife Photomania Trip for ODKF :
This Wildlife Photography Trip will focus on searching and photographing the most beautiful Kingfisher of India the Oriental Dwarf Kingfisher. This campsite at Chiplun (Konkan, Western Ghats) also shelters numerous exotic species of Birds like (Blue eared Kingfisher, Hornbills, Black birds, India Pitta, Crested Hawk Eagle, Spider hunters and Sunbirds), Reptiles like (Crocodiles, snakes, Lizards, Chameleon, geckos), Amphibians like (caecilians, frogs & toads) and insects like (Butterflies, moths, beetles, bugs and lots more) which can satisfy our photographic desires to its fullest !!
Batch 01 : 14th-15th July 2018
Batch 02 : 28th-29th July 2018
Batch 03 : 18th-19th August 2018
Batch 04 : 1st-2nd September 2018
Category : Wildlife
Type : Wildlife Photography Tour
Duration : 2 Days / 1 Night
Day 1 :
Start from Mumbai at 6 am and start our travel towards Chiplun. Reach our campsite Chiplun by 1 pm. Freshen up and enjoy homely delicious lunch. Post lunch photography session – Target species oriental dwarf kingfisher. Evening Tea and refreshment.
Post dinner we will have a small walk in search of Microfauna/herpatofauna, its an optional activity those who wants to rest can stay at the campsite.
Day 2 :
Early morning we will leave for a small bird trail in and around the site. Later we will have breakfast and sit for our next session of Oriental Dwarf Kingfisher Photography. Post lunch proceed back towards Mumbai / your respective destination.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories 🙂
Tour Price : Rs.6,000/- per person + 5% GST as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. All veg homely cooked meals (i.e. 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunch and 1 Dinner.
2. Accommodation on sharing basis in Konkani House with neat and clean washrooms (Mattress and Pull overs will be provided).
3. Guide and expertise charges
1. Transportation from Mumbai to Chiplun & back.
2. Any Other Expense other than mentioned above.
3. Taxes as applicable.
1. If you want to travel from Mumbai, vehicle will be booked on basis of the group size and the costing will be shared amount all participants on at actual basis.
2. If you are driving your own car, you can provide car pool facility to other participants and share the cost amongst yourself.
3. Please note, this is NOT a luxury tour. All facilities are basic in terms of luxury and through out the tour our main focus remains on wildlife and photography./
CUSTOMIZE THIS TOUR :
If you wish to get this tour customized for yourself / your group on the dates apart from our batch dates, costing for customized tour will be Rs. 5000 per head for breakfast to breakfast package with accommodation and meals. Transport not included. Booking depends upon the availability of campsite and pre-booking is compulsory.
There are some recent amendments and updates regarding Wildlife Photomania Tour. Please note important points :
OVERNIGHT TRAVEL : Considering the request made by many travellers and photographers, we have decided to avoid risky overnight travel via NH17 and as per the new itinerary, we will be starting from Mumbai early in the morning and will reach Chiplun by lunch time.There are some recent amendments and updates regarding Wildlife Photomania Tour. Please note important points :OVERNIGHT TRAVEL : Considering the request made by many travellers and photographers, we have decided to avoid risky overnight travel via NH17 and as per the new itinerary, we will be starting from Mumbai early in the morning and will reach Chiplun by lunch timeTRANSPORTATION : Vehicle will be booked on behalf of participants and the cost will be shared among the participants travelling ex-Mumbai
Innova : Cost for AC Innova car for 2 days will be approximately Rs. 10,000 including toll, tax and driver allowancesTempo Traveller : Cost for AC Tempo Traveller car for 2 days will be approximately Rs. 18,000 including toll, tax and driver allowances
Local transfers from Chiplun station : Rs. 500/- auto one way to campsite OR Rs. 900/- Eco car one way to campsiteBATCH SIZE : Every batch will have maximum 12 participants + 1 representative from Mumbai Travellers
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Poncho / Raincoat.
4. Leech Socks / Knee length socks
6. ID Cards Compulsory
7. Macro Lens (If you are a photographer)
8. External Flash (Optional)
Some Do’s :
* Carry clothes according to the season of the visit. Carry clothes that will help you camouflage with the surroundings.
* Always carry Original Identity Proof.
* Carry a frangrance-free Sunscreen.
* Always keep your phone on silent or airplane mode when entering forest.
* Cover your face with a scarf to protect it from dust.
* Also carry extra batteries, memory cards for cameras and cover it to protect the camera from dust,rain etc.
* Always remain calm and composed when any sighting takes place.
* Your guide/mentor and locals know the area inside the forest better than anyone, so do cooperate with them.
* Do follow strict timing as given by your team leader to avoid delay in any activities as safaris are group events.
* Always respect your local guide/driver and their knowledge about the forest during an safari.
* For herping/monsoon wildlife tous, always carry wind-cheaters, proper clothing and shoes, water-proof bags. Also get rain proof covers for your camers/binoculars etc.
* Do not litter in forest and surrounding areas
* Do not throw anything out of the gypsy.
* Don’t yell,scream or wave at the animals.
* Do not wear brightly coloured clothes or apply any kind of perfumes or deos
* Never feed any animals
* Do not play any loud music in vicinity of the forest area.
* No one is allowed to get down from the gypsy inside the forest.
* Do not argue with any person like forest guards, guides, locals or even travellers from another gypsy during the safari.
For Registrations mail us at email@example.com
OR Call us at 08692086927 / 08692055777 / 08692022777
unique journeys…unique people…
8692022777 / 8692033777
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh