About the tour :
Carpeted with celestial colours, the Valley of Flowers is an enchanting valley consisting of a vast variety of flowers. The fragrance of the diverse blossoms spreads miles away, attracting tourists in huge numbers. So, they go on Valley of Flowers trek. This Himalayan trekking can be done from late April but the best time is from late July to the end of August. The Valley of Flowers in Uttarakhand was found in 1931 by English mountaineer Frank Smythe and is a World Heritage Site today. Over 300 species of wild flowers like orchids, poppies, primulas, calendulas, daisies and anemones have been identified here. This region is also home to some of the rare and endangered animal species.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 1 : 28th July to 2nd August 2019
Category : Himalayan Expedition
Level : Medium
Duration : 5N/6D
Meeting Place : Haridwar
1. Visit Devprayag- a holy city
2. Govindghat to Ghangaria trek
3. Ghangaria to Valley of Flowers trek
4. Hemkund Sahib Trek
5. Trek back to Govindghat
Day 0 : Take a train to reach Haridwar by next morning.
Day 1 : Drive from Haridwar to Pandukeshwar (5,998 ft.) via Joshimath (6,150 ft.) and Devprayag (8-9 hrs).
Our representative will pick you up from Haridwar Railway station, early in the morning. Then, you will leave Haridwar and drive towards Govindghat via Joshimath and Devprayag. Devprayag is a confluence of the Bhagirathi and Alknanda rivers and is considered a holy city. You will arrive Joshimath at evening and check-into a hotel. Have dinner and take good rest, as the next day Valley of Flowers trek starts.
Day 2 : Drive from Pandukeshwar to Pulna (Approx 5 kms drive) Trek from Pulna – Ghangaria (9 kms/ 4-5 hours)
On day 2 of your Himalayan trekking, we will reach Govindghat. Along a well maintained pilgrim trail to Ghangaria, there is a gradual ascent from Govindghat. Upon arrival at Ghangaria check into a hotel. Explore the surroundings in the evening. Then, have dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3 : Trek from Ghangaria – Valley of Flowers and back to Ghangaria (10 Kms /6-7 hours).
On day 3, after having an early breakfast, our actual Valley of Flowers trek starts from Ghangaria. The valley offers an enchanting sight, as there is an impressive array of rare wildflowers like Geranium, Marsh, etc. The Valley of Flowers in Uttarakhand is 10km long and 2km wide. It is divided by Pushpawati stream and many tiny streams and waterfalls merge into it. After looking at the beauty of the valley, we trek back to Ghangaria. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4 : Trek from Ghangaria to Hemkund and back to Ghangaria (12Kms/ 6-7 Hours).
On day 4, get ready for Hemkund Sahib trek (4,329 m). We trek from Ghangaria. This is quite a steep climb. In the Sikh holy book – The Guru Granth Sahib, the Sikh Guru -Gobind Singh recounts that in his previous life, he meditated on the shores of a lake, surrounded by seven snow-capped mountains, now recognized as Hemkund. Then, in the afternoon trek back to Ghangaria. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 5 : Trek from Ghangaria – Pulna (9 km / 4-5 hours) – Pulna to / Pandukeshwar (Approx. 5 kms drive).
We trek back to Govindghat and from here we drive to Joshimath. After arriving at Joshimath, check-into a hotel. Rest of the day is free to explore this picturesque area.
Day 6 : Drive back to Haridwar from Pandukeshwar (290 kms/ 9-10 hours)
Today, early morning, we drive back Rishikesh/Haridwar and have lunch en-route. We will arrive Rishikesh/Haridwar by evening. The Valley of Flower trek ends with happy and colourful memories!!
Tour Price : Rs.9,999/- per person+ Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Member : Rs.9,499/- per person + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. All Veg Meals from Dinner on Day 1st Dinner to Breakfast at on Day 6th.
2. 02 Nights Basic Hotel accommodation on triple/quad sharing basis at Pandukeshwar
3. 03 Nights Basic Hotel accommodation on triple/quad sharing basis at Ghangaria .
4. Basic First Aid Medical kits, Oxygen Cylinder and Oxi-meter.
5. Morning evening Tea served with light snacks.
6. Valley Permit Fees for Indians.
7. Day 5th Badrinath visit will subject to the weather/road condition.
8. Qualified and experienced Trek Leader and support staff.
9. Surface Transfer from Haridwar – Pandukeshwar – Haridwar by Qualis / Sumo / Bolero/ Max / Tempo Traveler depends on the number of trekkers.
1. Any meal during transit.
2. Drive from Govindghat/Pandukeshwar to Pulna and return (Vehicle will be arranged by our representative at an extra cost of Rs. 500 one way)
3. Hot water per bucket @ Rs. 50/- in Ghangaria.
4. Porter / Mule for carrying personal luggage.
5. Packaged water bottles or any other beverages.
6. Unscheduled stay due to a landslide.
7. Anything not mentioned in above inclusions.
8. Cost Escalation due to “Force Majeure” and evacuation charges.
9. Transfer from Mumbai to Mumbai.
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
1. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded.
2. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
3. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
4. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded.
5. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Card Compulsory (Aadhar/ Pancard/DL)
Warm shirt/ light micro fleece pullover/ full sleeve T shirt
Water resistant trekking pants
Windproof/ water resistant jacket, down jacket with min 600 fill power rating
Thick Fleece/ Full-sleeve woollen sweater
Thermal inner wear
Woollen cap, Inner fleece gloves, outer water proof gloves
Thick woollen socks and regular socks
Scarf/ muffler (optional)
Comfortable waterproof Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a thick sole, Camp shoes
Small light weight towel
Insulated water bottle and hydration pack (optional)
Cap, Sun glasses
Sturdy walking stick/ Trekking pole
Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm
Torch/ Flashlight (with extra batteries)
Q) Is the water on the trek safe?
A) The advantage of trekking the Himalayas is that your trekking route is filled with fresh Himalayan streams. Your trek leader/guide will direct you to places where you can fill clean water from. We recommend this water but in case you are unsure you can carry water purifying tablets with you.
Q) What is the type of food available on the trek?
A) We serve wholesome and nutritious Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Evening Snacks. The food is vegetarian. Vegetarian food is preferable at high altitudes as it is easy to digest.
Q) Can we change the Itinerary?
A) Our representatives reserve the right to change the itinerary depending upon the weather conditions and other factors. If the extra cost is incurred due to rescheduling, the trekker is informed beforehand and extra cost if any is borne by the trekker. Please note that we operate treks in some of the most remote regions and harsh conditions where unforeseen events may force us to change the itinerary. In such cases, we or your trek leader will suggest the best alternative similar to your original itinerary.
Q) What if trek is cancelled at the last moment due to “Force Majeure”?
A) All the arrangements for the tour are pre-planned and prepaid. We will offer you alternate trek options of similar value depending upon the weather conditions if a trek is cancelled due to ‘force majeure’. In case of non-completion of the tour due to any reason whatsoever there will not be any refund for any unutilized services.
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh