Tour to Rishikesh- the Adventure Capital Of India !!
About Rishikesh Backpacking Trip :
Call it the ‘Yoga Capital of India’, or ‘Adventure Capital of India’, or one of the top spiritual destinations in the world, Rishikesh has something to offer to every kind of traveler. A Rishikesh tour package encapsulates everything from ancient temples, new age cafes and serene yoga ashrams to exhilarating adventure sports. Besides, rafting and camping in Rishikesh, you can also indulge in an array of adventure sports, like – flying fox, mountain biking, giant swing or cliff jumping. The city is also a base to many Himalayan treks and you cannot miss bungee jumping in Rishikesh, as the highest bungee jumping point of India is located here. In addition, you can also witness the holy and magnificent Ganga aarti, here. As you step here, you will feel that the city has a serene spiritual aura to it. No wonder, the Beatles chose Rishikesh to meditate! The majestic snow-capped mountains, towering Deodar trees and pristine Ganges River, are all a visual delight to the eyes when you are camping in Rishikesh. So, don’t spend more time in thinking! Just book your seats, pack your bags and be ready for an enthralling journey.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 22nd-26th January 2019
Batch 02 : 20th-24th March 2019
Category : Backpacking India
Duration : 04 Nights / 05 Days
Location : Rishikesh
Difficulty Level : Easy
Average Temperature : 20°C
1) Staying at riverside campsite
2) Indulge in a daring adventure – Bungee Jumping (83 m high)
3) Enjoy lip-smacking dinner
4) Indulge in yet another adventure –White River Rafting (26 Km long)
5) Jump into river Ganga from the cliff
6) Exploring local Rishikesh and witnessing Maha Arti at Ganga Ghat
7) Beatle Ashram
Day 1 : Arrival at Delhi
Arrive at Delhi airport or railway station in morning and reach at the meeting point, RK Ashram. We will board a private bus by 7:30 pm and leave for Rishikesh. Overnight journey to Rishikesh.
Day 2 : Camping at Rishikesh
The Rishikesh tour starts today. After arriving at Rishikesh, check into the riverside camps at 11 AM. The campsite is located near Shivpuri, 10 km ahead of Rishikesh. With the Ganges River flowing by the side and picturesque view of mountains, experience a comfortable experience of camping in Rishikesh. After taking some rest, have lunch by the riverside. Spend rest of the day at leisure. You can take a walk on the beautiful white sand beach or play volleyball or just relax in the spacious tents. Then, have dinner by 9 pm and retire to the bed.
Day 3 : Rishikesh
Post breakfast, we get ready for 16 km river rafting, which starts from Shivpuri and ends at Ram Jhula. River rafting in Rishikesh is the most popular activity. After indulging in this adventurous activity for 3 hrs, you can also try out cliff jumping under the supervision of experienced guides. Then, check into the Hosteller in Rishikesh. Relax and chill in the super cool backpacker hostel. Later in the evening, indulge in few local activities like Ganga Aarti, local walking tour, food tour, etc. You can register at the reception of The Hosteller for all these tours. After this, wind up the day by having delicious vegetarian dinner and spend the night under a million stars.
Day 4 : Rishikesh
Wake up early and choose any options –
1) Bungee Jumping
After doing any one activity, we will have food and walk to Beatles Ashram. It is the famous ashram, where the ‘The Beatles’ band stayed and composed their songs.
Day 5 : Depart from Rishikesh for Delhi
Depart from Rishikesh for Delhi. Overnight journey in private bus.
Tour concludes with happy memories :)
Catch flight /train to Mumbai.
Option 1 – Those who are willing to go for the adventure activity- Bungee Jumping, Zip Lining, Giant Swing can go for it in the morning slot. We will be back by 2 pm.
(Please ensure that you need to book slot for Bungee Jumping, Zip Lining, Giant Swing in advance, as they fill fast on all weekends.)
These activity charges are not included in the price but Mumbai Travellers will book the slot on your behalf and will assist while booking.
River Rafting charges are included in the package price.
Bungee Charges – Rs. 3600/- & River Rafting – Rs. 800/- (Both charges are approximate. Kindly confirm before booking for the same. Extra Taxes will be applicable)
This is Guided Backpacking version of Trip. Our Itineraries are carefully put together by our backpacking experts aiming to cover & experience some lesser known must-see offbeat places in India in backpacking style. Our trips are the perfect way to rediscover yourself and socialize yourself with like minded backpackers while you explore the unexplored places in India which are offbeat and general tourist often skip because of the obscure nature of these locales. After all, Columbus wouldn’t be Columbus if he was stuck to taking the same journey again and again, right Occasionally backpacking trips might be bit low on leisure but always high on experiences as you enjoy local street food, interact with locals, or sharing a dorm,hostel or home-stay with other fellow travelers at some breathtaking locations across India .
“Life is all about courage and going in to unknowns”
Seems like the kind of trip youve been waiting to take Save the date!
Tour Price : Rs.14,500/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.14,200/- per members+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
– This is Backpacking version of trip – Sometimes low on Leisure and But always High on experiences.
– Visits, Activities and their order are subject to change for backpacking trip based on the discretion of Mumbai Travellers.
– Trip may involve small treks and camping in cold weather
1. Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner on Day 2,3 & 4 and Breakfast on Day 5 (All Veg).
2. An experienced backpacking expert & a friend who will help you take the hassle out of your travel.
3. 03 Nights’ accommodation in Home-stays or Tents or Hotel or in similar sharing basis.
4. All Transfers between Delhi to Delhi in private bus.
5. All internal transfers by local vehicle. (Bus, Auto)
6. River Rafting Charges.
7. Necessary Permissions & entry charges.
8. Local support.
1. Airfare / Train fare up to Delhi.
2. Meals on Day 1 & Day 5.
3. Bungee Jumping, Giant Swing, Zip Lining charges (at own cost)
4. Personal Expenses (Mineral water, extra Meals).
5. Taxes as applicable.
6. Anything other than mentioned above
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if youve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
*Free consultation and assistance from packing your backpack to choosing lens for your Camera (pre or post trip extended days)
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Government approved Id proof Compulsory (NO Pan Card)
2. A small Backpack (Avoid Suitcases)
3. A Day Bag to hold camera and essential during sightseeing .
4. Beachwear in case you decide to swim or enjoy water sports.
5. Torch (Must)
6. Personal Medicines If any
7. Cap, Shades, Sun-screen etc.
8. Sport shoes or Good quality Floaters
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Sanitary Kit
11. Mosquito Repellent
12. Power bank (if needed)
FAQs For Backpacking Trips
1. What’s the age range of the Group trip?
– We have travelers from all the groups of age. Since this is an offbeat backpacking travelling community, The majority of travelers are between the age group of 20-40 belonging from various professional sectors.
2. I am travelling solo for the first time . how can i expect my experience to be?
– Most of our travelers here are solo . No one has a prior acquaintance with anybody other than on the community. It is going to be like the first day of school or college or office, excitement of meeting new people with the thrill of the trip. Do not expect anything less than an adventure. Absolutely, that’s the beauty of small group travel. You will make friends quickly and your Tour lead will become a good source of support to you along the way too!
3. Are single traveler mainly male or female?
– Most of our trips split pretty evenly down gender lines. We average roughly 60:40 female-to-males, so youll never feel outnumbered.
4. How can i be sure i am safe?
– We follow a set of safety rules to make your travel experience physically and mentally safe. Our team is well trained and equipped to handle any kind of situations. Also we send precaution note for most of our trips couple of days
5. What if i want room to myself?
– The fun of travelling in groups is sharing of rooms. We recommend that you share the room with fellow travelers for better bonding and understanding. Somehow, if you wish to have a separate room anyway, that can be possible for additional amount depending upon the accommodation.
6. How much freedom do i have during a Backpacking trip?
– Every trip has an well designed itinerary to make most out of the destination or event. Group travel are all about experiences . However If any point of time, you feel like exploring the things by yourself or would like to skip a day at stay back apart from set Itinerary, you have the freedom to do so yes only after consulting with tour Lead (Remember Traveler adhere the additional cost if any ;) ). Not everybody likes museums like no everyone enjoys shopping.
Essential Checklist :
Our number one piece of advice is: collect everything you think you need
Almost everyone brings far too much stuff. We like to travel light. However, everyone has different wants and needs, so make sure you bring the stuff that makes you happy when travelling!
1. Should i bring Backpack or Suitcase?
– Either is completely fine! Personally, we would recommend a backpack as it easier to carry around when going from trains to boats (and easier to lift above your head when standing knee-deep in water ;)).
2. Parents often worry about the safety of their progeny? This is completely understandable!
– Its why a group tour is ideal for any first-time traveller you are mostly in the company of other travellers, so are far less likely to get into trouble than if you were travelling solo. We try to ensure the safety of all our travellers, however we are also against the babysitting approach of other tour companies. This means a healthy amount of individual space, with a base understanding that everyone is a self-sufficient, responsible adult.
3. What are accommodation like?
During the tour you will be staying in varied places (one being the night train! during travel). However, most nights you will be staying in twin or Triple rooms/Hostels/Havelis/Nature Camps etc.. with a fellow Travellers. Our accommodation are comfortable and safe and we strive to get you guys in the best locations so some mornings youll be waking up on a lake, and others right on the beach!
4. How fit do I need to be?
You dont have to be an athlete to travel with us all walks and activities are optional and there is something for everyone.
5. Do I need to bring a sleeping bag or mosquito net?
You dont need to bring a sleeping bag unless informed but a sleeping bag liner/ inner is advisable. You don’t need to bring a mosquito net but we do recommend getting bug repellent
unique journeys … unique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh