First Sunrise of 2018 from Top of Maharashtra !!
Theme of New Year Night Trek :
Celebrating Mumbai Travellers Anniversary at the same place from where we started right five years back at “The Top Of Maharashtra at Kalsubai Peak”. History will repeat itself, and we will see the first sunrise of new year once again from the Top of Maharashtra. With the Same Tradition and Culture we will Rock The Upcoming Year Once Again !!
About the Tour :
Kalsubai Peak is the Highest Peak of the Sahyadris (1646 M) in the Akole Taluka of Ahmednagar District of Maharashtra. Kalsubai Temple is Located at the Topmost peak of Sahyadri Mountain Range Of Maharashtra. To reach the summit there are various trekking routes and animal tracks. The main route starts from the village of Bari which is about six km from Bhandardara. To reach Bari, one has to travel to Igatpuri on the Mumbai Nashik route.
Outing Date : 31st December 2017-01st January 2018
Category : Trekking
Duration : 1 Night / 1 Day
Level : Medium (Inadvisable for First Time Trekkers)
Day 01 : 31st December 2017
Catch slow train from CSTM (03:40 pm) to Kasara (06:00 pm). Meet our leaders at ticket counter of Kasara railway station. After roll count, proceed by private transportation towards the small base village of Mt.Kalsubai (1646 mts), Bari. On arrival, enjoy the fingerlickin’ dinner at local villager’s house. Post dinner, have briefing and enjoy introduction of all fellow travellers. Once the clock strike 12, celebrate the New Year Eve and Mumbai Travellers’ Anniversary at the same place where we started the unique journey of Mumbai Travellers 05 years back.
Start night trek to Mt. Kalsubai peak by 12:30 a.m approx. Reach at Kalsubai by 03:30 / 04:00 am. Rest till morning near well as it will be windy and cold at the summit. It is advisable to carry Sleeping Bag/Mat/Bedsheet to avoid the chilling climate.
Day 02 : 01st January 2018 :
Witness the First Sunrise of New Year 2018 from highest peak of Maharashtra, Kalsubai.
Have hot tea and breakfast in shivering chilled morning. Proceed to top of Kalsubai for Temple Darshan. Enjoy the scenic view of Shayadri ranges visible around Kalsubai and gratify yourself on successful submitting Mt.Kalsubai Peak. After Temple darshan, start descending back by 11:00 am around. Reach base by lunch time. Enjoy the simple homely lunch and return back to Kasara. We will reach back to Mumbai by evening.
Tour Concludes with fun-loving Memories :)
1. There is only one toilet available at base. There is no washroom/ toilet available enroute or top of Kalsubai peak.
2. The climate at Kalsubai Peak is very chilling and cold. As there is no shed/roof at Kalsubai peak, it is advisable to strictly carry winter wears and bedsheet/sleeping bag/ mat or pullover.
3. As it is 04 hours trek to “The Highest Peak of Maharashtra” and not a picnic, it is not advisable for first time trekkers.
4. Though it is New Year Trek, Consumption of Alcohol or any substances is not permitted on trek. No arguments will be entertained. If found, trekking under influence of drugs or drinks you’ll be barred from the trek. And our responsibility ceases with you.
Tour Cost : TBA
For Lifetime Members : TBA
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only) , click here
1. Transportation from Kasara To Kasara by private trasnportation
2. Dinner, Breakfast & lunch (Veg Only)
3. Expertise and guide charges
4. All applicable taxes
1. Train Tickets Mumbai – Kasara – Mumbai
2. Any other personal expenses
For booking, you need to deposit full amount in the following account:
NAME : GO TRAVELLISM PVT LTD
BANK : ICICI BANK
ACCOUNT : CURRENT AC
AC NO. 623805030086
BRANCH : MULUND (W)
IFSC CODE : ICIC0006238
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the whole tour cost :
1. If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Lunch / Dinner as per schedule.
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes – Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication / First Aid kit
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
7. Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. (as per season)
8. Proper Backpack to carry all these things (No handbags, duffle bag or jholas)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Rainwear (Jacket / Ponchos ) or Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters) – (as per season).
11. Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon and plate (if necessary)
12. Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
13. Sleeping bag / mat / bedsheet (as per schedule)
14. Slippers (optional – at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).
1. Alcohol and smoking is strictly disallowed on treks. If found, trekking under influence of drugs or drinks you’ll be barred from the trek. And our responsibility ceases with you.
2. Littering is strictly not allowed on treks. Do not leave empty plastic bottles, biscuit or chocolate wrappers behind. We have to carry our own garbage/leftovers back to the city.
3. Wear proper loose fitting clothes no jeans pants allowed. Try and wear full sleeve top and long bottoms or pants. Will spare you from mosquitoes, insect bites or thorny bushes (your choice).
4. Talk to the native villagers gently and give respect to them. Cause we are their guests.
5. Do not carry lots of cash, gold or any valuables. We are not responsible for the loss.
For Registrations mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh