Explore the hidden Leopard and tiger paradise !!
About the Tour :
Nagzira is totally a hidden wildlife paradise in Vidharbha region of Maharashtra. Its about 3 Hrs drive from Nagpur city and is not less in any sense than Tadoba Tiger Reserve. It has got almost the same type of flora-fauna and weather and is one of the most potential locations in India for sighting of “Special 5 mammals in Central India” namely Tigers, Leopards, Wild dogs, Sloth Bears and Indian Gaur. In fact it is popular as a perfect place to sight and photograph Leopards, Sloth bears and Wild dogs for it has got great thriving population of these 3 species comapred to any other park in the central India. This forest has its mention in ancient literatures and since then it has been a very dense ecosystem with ample of lora and fauna. Something that a wildlife lover will surely fall in love with!
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 1 : 24th-26th April 2020
Category : Wildlife
Duration : 02 Nights / 03 Days
Onward Journey : 12289 Mumbai-Nagpur Duronto Express
Return Journey : 12290 Nagpur-Mumbai Duronto Express
Onward Journey : Air India – 5.45 am – 7.20 am
Return Journey : Indigo- 8.25 pm – 9.55 pm Or Air India – 9.05 pm – 10.35 pm
Note* : You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train / flight booking, we will be happy to help you.
Day 0 :
Leave for Nagpur by Duronto Express, Train No.12289 starting at 08:15 pm from CSMT
Day 01 :
Reach Nagpur Junction by 07:30 am. En route breakfast and reach Resort by 11:30 am. Check In and Lunch. After Lunch Leave for 1st Jungle Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Discuss today’s sightings and photography over a cup of coffee. Dinner, Camp Fire and then Lights off.
Day 02 :
Early Morning Have Breakfast and Leave for 2nd Jungle Safari. Back for Lunch. After Lunch Leave for 3rd Jungle Safari. Enjoy the Delicious Dinner. Post Dinner Experience Sharing Session. Lights off.
Day 03 :
Early Morning Leave For 4th Wildlife Safari at Nagzira. Check Out Resort. Enjoy the Last Lunch at Nagzira and Post Lunch Leave For Nagpur Junction. Leave Back for Mumbai by train at 03:00 pm.
1. Tiger sighting is matter of luck, so enjoy the forest with other mammals and birds.
2. Costing might increase at last minute if there is any changes made in Fee structure by Forest department.
Tour Price : Rs.17,000/- per person+ Tax as applicable (For 3 people in Gypsy row)
Tour Price : Rs.20,000/- per person+ Tax as applicable (For 2 people in Gypsy row)
For Lifetime Member : Rs.500/- off on above pricing
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
Group Discounts : For booking of 4 or more travellers : Rs.1000/- off per person on the tour amount.
1. Pickup and Drop from Nagpur to Nagpur in A/C Vehicle
2. Accommodation in Resort on Twin Sharing Basis in AC Rooms: Nagzira Nature Camp https://tinyurl.com/y4ny9o5j or Similar
3. Transfers from resort to safari gate
4. All Meals at Nagzira Tiger Reserve
5. 04 Exclusive Wildlife Safaris in open gypsy in most potential core zone
6. Services of wildlife expert tour manager
1. Transfer from Mumbai to Mumbai
2. Meals during the train/flight journey
3. Lens/Camera charges
4. Any personal orders, laundry, phone calls
5. Any porter charges,tips and gratitude
6. Anything other than mentioned above
7. Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities or sudden changes in forest fees, permits etc
8. Taxes as applicable
Note**Accommodation on twin sharing available on request.(Nominal charges to be paid by participant as applicable)
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
1. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded.
2. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
3. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
4. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded.
5. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Card Compulsory (Aadhar/ Pancard/DL)
1. Dull Colored Clothes (Please don’t wear Bright colored Clothes, TRY TO GET AS CAMOUFLAGED AS POSSIBLE)
2. Sanitary Kit
3. Dry Food (snacks)
4. Torch (Must)
5. Personal First Aid kit.
6. Cap, goggle, sunscreen, moisturizer etc..
7. Sport shoes or Kitos/ sandal
8. Electral powder / Glucon D
9. Binocular/Camera with lenses (Optional)
10. Water Bottle (3 liter must)
11. Odomos (Mosquito Repellent)
12. Tripod will be helpful to avoid shake as there will be low light
13. Umbrella or Poncho/Cap
FAQ’s For WILDLIFE SAFARI:
1. How many people will be there in Gypsy for a safari tour?
– All wildlife safaris will have 6 pax in one gypsy (Unless otherwise mentioned particularly regarding 4 or 3 sharing)
2. Can I get a Safari on 4 sharing basis?
– Definitely yes, but it will be on extra cost and you need to inform us well in advance.
3. What is the Child policy for Wildlife Safaris?
– A child above 05 years of age is considered as an adult for any safari permit all over India. Children below 05 years of age exempted from any safari costs and can travel free of charge.
4. Are Wildlife Safaris safe?
– Absolutely! Even if all the safaris are carried out in an open gypsy, there is hardly any danger from wildlife when travellers are siting inside the vehicle. Plus on every safari we would have a Forest guide with us along with the gypsy driver and our expert who will help out if any unwanted situation arises.
5. What are the safari timings?
– Safari timings change from season to season in different National Parks depending on the Sunrise and Sunset. Usually a safari lasts for 3-4 hours morning and evening.
Approximately the timings are:
Morning: 6.00 am – 10 am
Afternoon : 3.00 pm – 6 pm
6. What is a Core zone and Buffer Zone ?
– A tourism zone in any National Park is divided into two zones: Core Zone and Buffer Zone. Buffer zone lies around the periphery of core forest area. Most of the tourism/safaris takes place in core zone.
7. What is the best season to do a Wildlife Safari?
– The wildlife safari season starts from October-June. In Winter, from October to March one can have amazing birding opportunities with some migratory birds along with decent Tiger sightings and other mammals. March to May as the summer approaches one can have good tiger sightings along with other mammalian sightings and birding. So if you are a tiger centric wildlifer, we suggest you do a safari from March-May.
8. What are chances of Tiger Sightings during the safaris?
– Tiger sightings are dependent on tracking skills,knowledge of the forest along with luck & chance. Weather conditions also affect tiger sightings. But all our safari tours are well guided with experts and local guides who help track tigers along with other mammals and birds! This has resulted in extremely successful tiger sighting ratio for us compared to others. We also focus on overall biodiversity and hence we ensure that you take back some unique experiences with you if not tiger sightings!
9. Why does one has to book Wildlife Tours in advance?
– The safari permit booking starts 120 days before the actual travel date and this is governed by forest department. Plus there are limited number of gypsies that are allowed to enter each gate during every safari session. Hence securing your safari booking before others grab it is very crucial and needs to be done at the earliest.
10. What kind of facilities will be available at the destination we are travelling to?
– Though we are taking you to wilderness places away from luxury, we have ensured that you will get at least all the required basic comforts during the tour. Our resorts in all the wildlife safaris tours are Deluxe Category; comfortable and homely. All resorts are equipped with all amenities like comfortable bedding, hot/cold water, western toiletries, A/C facilities, laundry on request, doctor on call, mineral water, generator backup etc. Along with this, Veg-Non veg meals will be available in buffet style. Jain food provision, Wifi connection and Television is also available at most of the places.
11. What are the camera charges for safaris?
– Some National parks forest permit charge extra camera fees to the travellers who are carrying high-end cameras with telephoto lenses or video cameras for photography and videography. Rules are different for different forests. Eg: In Tadoba : A camera with lens of 250 mm and above is charged Rs.200 per safari.
12. I am not a professional photographer or frequent wildlifer…can i still enroll for safari tour?
– Yes,why not?? Every nature lover is welcomed on a safari tour! We feel every traveller must do a wildlife safari at least once in his lifetime! Its an experience that every individual must take in especially when India has such a rich biodiversity and Tiger is our national animal.
13. What are photography opportunities for someone who is keen on wildlife photography and will he/she get guidance for the same?
– All our safari tours are balanced providing ample opportunities for wildlife photography. It not only focuses on tigers but also on other mammalian species, birds, reptiles along with capturing beautiful Landscapes and natural beauty. Our experts also help the participants with guidance and tips for wildlife photography.
14. What will the climate/weather be like in/around the park we will travel to?
– The weather differs from region to region. Winters are usually cool with temperature ranging from 8-20 degrees while Summers are hot and dry with temperatures ranging from 25-45 degrees.
Some Do’s :
* Carry clothes according to the season of the visit. Carry clothes that will help you camouflage with the surroundings.
* Always carry original identity proof.
* Carry a fragrance-free Sunscreen.
* Always keep your phone on silent or airplane mode when entering forest.
* Cover your face with a scarf to protect it from dust.
* Also carry extra batteries, memory cards for camera and cover it to protect the camera from dust,rain etc.
* Always remain calm and composed when any sighting takes place. Remember patience is the only key.
* Your guide/mentor and locals know the area inside the forest better than anyone, so do co-operate with them.
* Do follow strict timings as given by your team leader to avoid delay in any activities as safaris are group events.
* Always respect your local guide/driver and their knowledge about the forest during an safari.
* For herping/monsoon wildlife tours, always carry wind-cheaters, proper clothing and shoes, water-proof bags. Also get rain proof covers for your cameras/binoculars etc.
Some Don’ts :
* Do not litter in forest and surrounding areas.
* Do not throw anything out of the gypsy.
* Do not yell, scream or wave at the animals.
* Do not wear brightly colored clothes or apply any kind of perfumes or deodorants.
* Never feed any animals.
* Do not play any loud music in vicinity of the forest area.
* No one is allowed to get down from the gypsy inside the forest.
* Do not argue with any person like forest guards, guides, locals or even travellers from another gypsy during the safari.
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller