Explore Kasol, Backpackers paradise in the lap of Devbhumi, Himachal!!
About Kasol Trip :
Columbus wouldn’t be Columbus if he was stuck in taking the same journey again and again, right? Now think about ‘sojourn of snow’ and your grey matter will take you to the majestic rolling hills of Himachal and the quaint hill towns of Shimla, Manali & Dharamshala. But, Himachal, my friend, is not limited to the same old hot spots that have been mentioned in the travel guidebooks for ages. There are many offbeat Himalayan destinations as well, and one such destination is Kasol. It is a heaven for backpackers and many Kasol packages are available that suit the style of backpackers. True to its name, the state lies in the lap of the Himalayas, surrounded by splendid natural beauty and has been popular for its flawless and scenic splendor. Besides, from the moment you set foot in Kasol, the air starts flirting with you. It whispers in your ears asking you to leave your troubles behind and to just let yourself get soaked into the beauty of nature. Kasol trip is a journey to serendipity. The undiscovered, untouched spots in Himachal Pradesh like Kasol, retain their maiden glory to a great extent. Mystical views of silvery peaks and sparkling streams will leave you in awe. In the hundreds of mountain villages, life still goes on in a pretty traditional way and the chance to get away from the towns and main roads amid the spectacular landscape shouldn’t be missed.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 18th-23rd March 2019
Batch 02 : 27th April – 2nd May 2019
Batch 03 : 26th-31st May 2019
Batch 04 : 23rd-28th June 2019
Category : Backpacking India
Duration : 05 Nights / 06 Days
1. Confluence of River Parvati & River Beas
2. Manikaran Sahib Gurudwara
3. Tosh Valley
4. Trek from Barshaini to Kheerganga
5. Café Hopping
6. Breathing in the freshest air.
Day 1 : Arrival at Delhi
Arrive at Delhi airport or railway station and assemble at Majnu Ka Tilla. Then, we start our Kasol trip by catching a Volvo bus, which leaves at 6:30 PM. Overnight journey to Buntar.
Day 2 : Arrival at Kasol
We arrive at Kasol by 10:30 AM and spend some time at bank of Parvati River. Then we start our hike to Chalal village. And enjoy the day by café hopping.
Day 3 : Trek to Kheerganga
In morning around 9:30 AM, we board a private taxi and proceed towards Barshaini, which is 18 km away. After reaching there, we meet our guide and start the trek to Kheerganga, which is 12 km long. The trek will take around 5 hours to complete. Enjoy the journey throughout. Overnight stay at Kheerganga Camp.
Day 4 : Parvati Valley-Tosh Village
Check out from Kheerganga and reach Barshaini around 4:30 PM. From there, we board a taxi to leave for Tosh Gate. Then, we hike to Tosh village guest house, which will take around 30 – 40 minutes. Spend rest of the day at leisure and overnight stay at Tosh.
Day 5 : Back to Kasol
After having amazing breakfast, board a private taxi from Tosh Gate and go on a beautiful 2 hour drive to Manikaran. Rejuvenate yourself by taking a bath in hot water spring at Manikaran and have Langar. Then, we board a local bus and leave for Kasol, which is just 5 km away from Manikaran. Explore Kasol Market the rest of the time and then catch a bus at 6:30 PM from Buntar to New Delhi.
Day 6 : Arrival at Delhi
The memorable backpacking Kasol trip ends here and we depart from Delhi.
Note : All the above-mentioned stays at Kasol, Tosh and Kheerganga, are located at a very remote location, where only basic services and facilities are available.
About backpacking Kasol Trip Package
This Kasol trip package is a guided backpacking version of the trip. Our Itineraries are thoughtfully designed by our backpacking experts, which aim to cover some unsung, must-see offbeat places in Himachal in backpacking style. Rediscover yourself and socialize with likeminded backpackers, while exploring the hidden parts of Himachal. Kasol – a hidden gem of Himachal, is often skipped by majority of tourists and thus is an apt destination for wandering backpackers. Sometimes, backpacking trips might be bit low on leisure but are always high on experiences, as you enjoy local street food, interact with locals and share a dorm, hostel or home-stay with fellow travelers.
“Life is all about courage and going in to unknowns”
Seems like the kind of trip youve been waiting to take Save the date!
Tour Price : Rs.13,500/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.13,200/- per members+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
– This is Backpacking version of trip – Sometimes low on Leisure and But always High on experiences.
Visits, Activities and their order are subject to change for backpacking trip based on the discretion of Mumbai Travellers.
– Trip involves small treks and camping in cold weather
1.Daily Breakfast and Dinner
2.03 Nights accommodation in Home-stays or Tents or Hotel or similar – (3 – 5 Sharing Basis)
3. All Transfers between Delhi to Delhi in Volvo Bus
4. All internal transfers by local vehicle
5. An experienced backpacking expert & a Friend who will help you take the hassle out of your travel .
6. Guide and & Entry fees
1. Lunch for all days
2. Tour start at New Delhi and end at New Delhi.
3. Lunch for all days
4. Personal Expenses
5. Anything other than mentioned above.
6. All applicable taxes
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if youve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
*Free consultation and assistance from packing your backpack to choosing lens for your Camera (pre or post trip extended days)
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Gov approved Id proof Compulsory (NO Pan Card)
2. A small Backpack (Avoid Suitcases)
3. A Day Bag to hold camera and essential during sightseeing .
4. Beachwear in case you decide to swim or enjoy water sports.
5. Torch (Must)
6. Personal Medicines If any
7. Cap, Shades, Sun-screen etc.
8. Sport shoes or Good quality Floaters
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Sanitary Kit
11. Mosquito Repellent
12. Power bank (if needed)
FAQs For Backpacking Trips
1. What’s the age range of the Group trip
– We have travelers from all the groups of age. Since this is an offbeat backpacking travelling community, The majority of travelers are between the age group of 20-40 belonging from various professional sectors.
2. I am travelling solo for the first time . how can i expect my experience to be
– Most of our travelers here are solo . No one has a prior acquaintance with anybody other than on the community. It is going to be like the first day of school or college or office, excitement of meeting new people with the thrill of the trip. Do not expect anything less than an adventure. Absolutely, that’s the beauty of small group travel. You will make friends quickly and your Tour lead will become a good source of support to you along the way too!
3. Are single traveler mainly male or female
Most of our trips split pretty evenly down gender lines. We average roughly 60:40 female-to-males, so youll never feel outnumbered.
4. How can i be sure i am safe
– We follow a set of safety rules to make your travel experience physically and mentally safe. Our team is well trained and equipped to handle any kind of situations. Also we send precaution note for most of our trips couple of days
5. What if i want room to myself
The fun of travelling in groups is sharing of rooms. We recommend that you share the room with fellow travelers for better bonding and understanding. Somehow, if you wish to have a separate room anyway, that can be possible for additional amount depending upon the accommodation.
6. How much freedom do i have during a Backpacking trip
Every trip has an well designed itinerary to make most out of the destination or event. Group travel are all about experiences . However If any point of time, you feel like exploring the things by yourself or would like to skip a day at stay back apart from set Itinerary, you have the freedom to do so yes only after consulting with tour Lead (Remember Traveler adhere the additional cost if any 😉 ). Not everybody likes museums like no everyone enjoys shopping.
Essential Checklist :
Our number one piece of advice is: collect everything you think you need
Almost everyone brings far too much stuff. We like to travel light. However, everyone has different wants and needs, so make sure you bring the stuff that makes you happy when travelling!
1. Should i bring Backpack or Suitcase
– Either is completely fine! Personally, we would recommend a backpack as it easier to carry around when going from trains to boats (and easier to lift above your head when standing knee-deep in water ;)).
2. Parents often worry about the safety of their progeny. This is completely understandable.
– Its why a group tour is ideal for any first-time traveller you are mostly in the company of other travellers, so are far less likely to get into trouble than if you were travelling solo. We try to ensure the safety of all our travellers, however we are also against the babysitting approach of other tour companies. This means a healthy amount of individual space, with a base understanding that everyone is a self-sufficient, responsible adult.
3. What are accommodation like
During the tour you will be staying in varied places (one being the night train! during travel). However, most nights you will be staying in twin or Triple rooms/Hostels/Havelis/Nature Camps etc.. with a fellow Travellers. Our accommodation are comfortable and safe and we strive to get you guys in the best locations so some mornings youll be waking up on a lake, and others right on the beach!
4. How fit do I need to be
You dont have to be an athlete to travel with us all walks and activities are optional and there is something for everyone.
5. Do I need to bring a sleeping bag or mosquito net
You dont need to bring a sleeping bag unless informed but a sleeping bag liner/ inner is advisable. You don’t need to bring a mosquito net but we do recommend getting bug repellent
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh