Kanha Calling… The Jewel of Madhya Pradesh!!!
About Kanha National Park :
The beautiful grassy meadows, dense bamboo patches and sal forest of simply Kanha leaves every traveller speechless. Located in Mailkal range of Satpudas in Mandla and Balaghat districts of Madhya Pradesh it is one of the largest national parks in central India.
Kanha was declared as reserved forest in 1879 and upgraded to wildlife sanctuary in 1933. Later it was upgraded to a National park in 1955 and in 1973 it was given a status of Tiger Reserve. The Kanha National Park is spread over the total area of 1950 sq.km; with core area of 940 Sq.km and buffer area of 1067 sq.km. In year 2000 it was awarded as ‘Best Tourism Friendly National Park’ by Government of India. The park has a significant population of Royal Bengal tiger, leopards, the sloth bear, Barasingha and Indian wild dog. Landscape of Kanha are one of the most serene in the world and hence one will always find plenty of foreign visitors during Kanha wildlife safaris.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Batch 1 : 26th-28th April 2019
Batch 2 : 24th-26th May 2019
Batch 3 : 14th-16th June 2019
Category : Wildlife
Duration : 2 Nights / 3 Days
Onward Journey : Mumbai – Nagpur : Duronto Express
Return Journey : Nagpur – Mumbai : Duronto Express
Note* : You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train / flight booking, we will be happy to help you.
Day 0 :
Leave for Nagpur by Duronto Express, Trn No.12289 at 8:15 pm from CSMT
Day 1 :
Reach Nagpur by 7:30 am. Reach Resort by 12.30 to 1:00 pm. Check In and Lunch. After Lunch Leave for 1st Jungle Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner and then Rest. (Meals : B, L, D )
Day 2 :
Early Morning Have Breakfast and Leave for 2nd Jungle Safari. Back for Lunch. After Lunch Leave for 3rd Jungle Safari. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Post Dinner Experience Sharing Session and Lights off. (Meals : B, L, D )
Day 3 :
Early Morning Leave For 4th Jungle Safari. Post Lunch Leave For Nagpur Station. Back to Mumbai by Duronto Exp from Nagpur. (Meals : B, L )
Next Day : Reach Mumbai by Morning.
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories 🙂
1. Tiger sighting is matter of luck, so enjoy the forest with other mammals and birds.
2. Costing might increase at last minute if there is any changes made in Fee structure by forest department.
Tour Price: Rs. 21,500/- per person+ Tax as applicable (per person)
For Lifetime Members: Rs.21,000/-per member + Tax as applicable (per member)
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
For comfortable photography you can opt for gypsy with maximum 2 person in a row. It will be available on following terms and conditions :
1. Booking to be confirmed 4 months in advance
2. Booking to be made in group of 2, 4, 6 and likewise
3. For a tour with 4 Safaris Rs.5000 + GST Per person extra payable
4. For a tour with 6 Safaris Rs.7500 + GST Per person extra payable
Early Bird Offer: Book your seat 120 days (04 months) prior and get Rs.1000 /- off on the total tour amount.
Group Discounts : For booking of 4 or more travellers : Rs.1000/- off per person on the tour amount.
1. Pickup and Drop from Nagpur Station by AC Innova
2. Accommodation in Resort on Twin Sharing Basis in AC Room.
3. Meals at Kanha Tiger Reserve as Mentioned
4. 04 open gypsy safari
5. Expertise charges
6. All forest fees, permits, tolls
1. Transfer from Mumbai to Mumbai
2. Meals during the train/flight journey
3. Lens/Camera charges
4. Any personal orders, laundry, phone calls.
5. Any porter charges,tips and gratitude
6. Anything other than mentioned above
7. Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities or sudden changes in forest fees, permits etc.
8. Taxes as applicable.
Note**Accommodation on twin sharing available on request.(Nominal charges to be paid by participant as applicable)
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
1. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded.
2. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
3. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
4. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded.
5. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Card Compulsory (Aadhar/ Pancard/DL)
1. Dull Colored Clothes (Please don’t wear Bright colored Clothes, TRY TO GET AS CAMOUFLAGED AS POSSIBLE)
2. Sanitary Kit
3. Dry Food (snacks)
4. Torch (Must)
5. Personal First Aid kit
6. Cap, goggle, sunscreen, moisturizer etc.
7. Sport shoes or Kitos/ sandal
8. Electral powder / Glucon D
9. Binocular/Camera with lenses (Optional)
10. Water Bottle (3 liter must)
11. Odomos (Mosquito Repellent)
12. Tripod will be helpful to avoid shake as there will be low light
13. Umbrella or Poncho/Cap
FAQ’s For WILDLIFE SAFARI:
1. How many people will be there in Gypsy for a safari tour?
– All wildlife safaris will have 6 pax in one gypsy (Unless otherwise mentioned particularly regarding 4 or 3 sharing)
2. Can I get a Safari on 4 sharing basis?
– Definitely yes, but it will be on extra cost and you need to inform us well in advance.
3. What is the Child policy for Wildlife Safaris?
– A child above 05 years of age is considered as an adult for any safari permit all over India. Children below 05 years of age exempted from any safari costs and can travel free of charge.
4. Are Wildlife Safaris safe?
– Absolutely! Even if all the safaris are carried out in an open gypsy, there is hardly any danger from wildlife when travellers are siting inside the vehicle. Plus on every safari we would have a Forest guide with us along with the gypsy driver and our expert who will help out if any unwanted situation arises.
5. What are the safari timings?
– Safari timings change from season to season in different National Parks depending on the Sunrise and Sunset. Usually a safari lasts for 3-4 hours morning and evening.
Approximately the timings are:
Morning: 6.00 am – 10 am
Afternoon : 3.00 pm – 6 pm
6. What is a Core zone and Buffer Zone ?
– A tourism zone in any National Park is divided into two zones: Core Zone and Buffer Zone. Buffer zone lies around the periphery of core forest area. Most of the tourism/safaris takes place in core zone.
7. What is the best season to do a Wildlife Safari?
– The wildlife safari season starts from October-June. In Winter, from October to March one can have amazing birding opportunities with some migratory birds along with decent Tiger sightings and other mammals. March to May as the summer approaches one can have good tiger sightings along with other mammalian sightings and birding. So if you are a tiger centric wildlifer, we suggest you do a safari from March-May.
8. What are chances of Tiger Sightings during the safaris?
– Tiger sightings are dependent on tracking skills,knowledge of the forest along with luck & chance. Weather conditions also affect tiger sightings. But all our safari tours are well guided with experts and local guides who help track tigers along with other mammals and birds! This has resulted in extremely successful tiger sighting ratio for us compared to others. We also focus on overall biodiversity and hence we ensure that you take back some unique experiences with you if not tiger sightings!
9. Why does one has to book Wildlife Tours in advance?
– The safari permit booking starts 120 days before the actual travel date and this is governed by forest department. Plus there are limited number of gypsies that are allowed to enter each gate during every safari session. Hence securing your safari booking before others grab it is very crucial and needs to be done at the earliest.
10. What kind of facilities will be available at the destination we are travelling to?
– Though we are taking you to wilderness places away from luxury, we have ensured that you will get at least all the required basic comforts during the tour. Our resorts in all the wildlife safaris tours are Deluxe Category; comfortable and homely. All resorts are equipped with all amenities like comfortable bedding, hot/cold water, western toiletries, A/C facilities, laundry on request, doctor on call, mineral water, generator backup etc. Along with this, Veg-Non veg meals will be available in buffet style. Jain food provision, Wifi connection and Television is also available at most of the places.
11. What are the camera charges for safaris?
– Some National parks forest permit charge extra camera fees to the travellers who are carrying high-end cameras with telephoto lenses or video cameras for photography and videography. Rules are different for different forests. Eg: In Tadoba : A camera with lens of 250 mm and above is charged Rs.200 per safari.
12. I am not a professional photographer or frequent wildlifer…can i still enroll for safari tour?
– Yes,why not?? Every nature lover is welcomed on a safari tour! We feel every traveller must do a wildlife safari at least once in his lifetime! Its an experience that every individual must take in especially when India has such a rich biodiversity and Tiger is our national animal.
13. What are photography opportunities for someone who is keen on wildlife photography and will he/she get guidance for the same?
– All our safari tours are balanced providing ample opportunities for wildlife photography. It not only focuses on tigers but also on other mammalian species, birds, reptiles along with capturing beautiful Landscapes and natural beauty. Our experts also help the participants with guidance and tips for wildlife photography.
14. What will the climate/weather be like in/around the park we will travel to?
– The weather differs from region to region. Winters are usually cool with temperature ranging from 8-20 degrees while Summers are hot and dry with temperatures ranging from 25-45 degrees.
Some Do’s :
* Carry clothes according to the season of the visit. Carry clothes that will help you camouflage with the surroundings.
* Always carry original identity proof.
* Carry a fragrance-free Sunscreen.
* Always keep your phone on silent or airplane mode when entering forest.
* Cover your face with a scarf to protect it from dust.
* Also carry extra batteries, memory cards for camera and cover it to protect the camera from dust,rain etc.
* Always remain calm and composed when any sighting takes place. Remember patience is the only key.
* Your guide/mentor and locals know the area inside the forest better than anyone, so do co-operate with them.
* Do follow strict timings as given by your team leader to avoid delay in any activities as safaris are group events.
* Always respect your local guide/driver and their knowledge about the forest during an safari.
* For herping/monsoon wildlife tours, always carry wind-cheaters, proper clothing and shoes, water-proof bags. Also get rain proof covers for your cameras/binoculars etc.
Some Don’ts :
* Do not litter in forest and surrounding areas.
* Do not throw anything out of the gypsy.
* Do not yell, scream or wave at the animals.
* Do not wear brightly colored clothes or apply any kind of perfumes or deodorants.
* Never feed any animals.
* Do not play any loud music in vicinity of the forest area.
* No one is allowed to get down from the gypsy inside the forest.
* Do not argue with any person like forest guards, guides, locals or even travellers from another gypsy during the safari.
For More details, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org Or 08692055777 / 08422049888 / 08692022777
unique journeys…unique people…
8692022777 / 8692033777
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh