Trek to the Highest Peak of Maharashtra !!
About Kalsubai Night Trek :
Kalsubai Peak is the Highest Peak of the Sahyadris (1646 M) in the Akole Taluka of Ahmednagar District of Maharashtra. Kalsubai Temple is Located at the Topmost peak of Sahyadri Mountain Range Of Maharashtra. To reach the summit there are various trekking routes and animal tracks. The main route starts from the village of Bari which is about six km from Bhandardara. To reach Bari, one has to travel to Igatpuri on the Mumbai Nashik route.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Date :
Batch 01 : TBA
Category : Trekking
Level : Medium
Duration : 1 Night / 1 Day
Age Group : 18 – 45 yrs
Day 01 :
Catch Kasara local from CSMT (6:25 pm local train) to Kasara. Meet our leaders at ticket counter of Kasara railway station. After roll count, proceed by private transportation towards the small base village of Mt. Kalsubai (1646 mts), Bari. Reach village and have dinner. Post dinner, have briefing and enjoy introduction of all fellow travellers.
Start night trek to Mt. Kalsubai peak by 10:30 p.m approx. Reach at Kalsubai by 03:30 / 04:00 am. Rest till morning near well as it will be windy and cold at the summit. It is advisable to carry Sleeping Bag/Mat/Bedsheet to avoid the chilling climate.
Day 02 :
Witness the Sunrise from highest peak of Maharashtra, Kalsubai.
Have hot tea and breakfast in morning. Proceed to top of Kalsubai for Temple Darshan. Enjoy the scenic view of Sahayadri ranges visible around Kalsubai and gratify yourself on successful submitting Mt. Kalsubai Peak. After Temple Darshan, start descending back by 7:30 am around. Reach base & have lunch. Enjoy the simple homely lunch and return back to Kasara. We will reach back to Mumbai by evening.
Trek Concludes with fun-loving memories. :D
Tour Price : Rs.1,250/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.1,200/- per member+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. Transportation from Kasara To Kasara
2. Dinner on Day 1, Breakfast & Lunch on Day 2 (Vegetarian)
3. First aid trained trek leaders
4. Technical guidance and expertise
1. Any transfers till Kasara & back
2. Mineral Water or aerated drinks
3. Taxes as applicable
4. Any other personal expenses
For Small (2-Days & 1-Night and Less) Tour/Event/Activity
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 7 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if youve booked within the last 7 days.
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Lunch / Dinner as per schedule.
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes (Must –
Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication / First Aid kit
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
7. Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. (as per season)
8. Proper Backpack to carry all these things (No handbags, duffle bag or jholas)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Rainwear (Jacket / Ponchos ) or Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters) – (as per season).
11. Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon and plate (if necessary)
12. Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
13. Sleeping bag / mat / bedsheet (as per schedule)
14. Slippers (optional at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).
1. There is only one toilet available at base. There is no washroom/ toilet available enroute or top of Kalsubai peak.
2. The climate at Kalsubai Peak can be very chilling and cold. As there is no shed/roof at Kalsubai peak, it is advisable to strictly carry winter wears and bedsheet/sleeping bag/ mat or pullover.
3. As it is 04 hours trek to The Highest Peak of Maharashtra and not a picnic.
a. Who can trek ?
Anyone who is physically fit can trek. Weve trekked with all ranging from 6 years to 65 years old.
b. Where should I trek / adventure ? And with whom should I register ?
You can trek to any places near your current residing town. There are many groups who conduct such activities. Speak to your friend or their friends who can always suggest you whom to trek with. They can suggest you websites or provide you the contact of leaders with whom they have trekked before.
c. What are the Basic requirement for trekking ?
Some treks are strenuous and strictly not for novices. As an amateur trekker, you may feel nervous as to what you should do and what you should not during treks. Just follow the simple basic instructions or tips given by the trek leaders, while on trek.
Get your medical check-up done before planning a trekking trip, just in case you have any previous medical or injury history. During trekking, many suffer from cold, cough, stomach upset, dizziness, headaches or vertigo etc. It is your foremost responsibility to inform the trek leader if you have any medical issues.
d. How to choose a trek ?
If you are a beginner, choose and easy trek. You should not go for the tough/difficult level treks as they are generally meant for the experts. Choosing an easy trek first will give you experience & youll enjoy the thrill. A difficult level trek might ruin your experience. In case of any doubt call the office for more info and speak to an expert / division head.
e. What to carry in a backpack ?
Carry only bare essentials. An extra pair of clothes, some energy bars or protein snacks, your first aid kit and personal medication, personal hygiene products, towel or napkin, extra clothing such as Jackets (according to season).
f. What should we wear ?
Clothing should be according to season. Always wear long pants, and full sleeves clothes, they protect you from sunburn in summer, from cold in winter & Dri-fit clothing in rainy season.
g. What type of footwear ?
Choosing the right footwear is important for any outing. For any outdoor event we prefer proper trekking shoes. Try to get high ankle shoe if possible. Always buy a shoe size 1 number extra from your normal size (if size 6 fits tightly buy size 7). When buying shoes try them in the shop, check if they are comfortable and your toe can move in freely after wearing socks. Check brands like Action, Quechua, Merrell Salomon, Adidas.
h. What type of Backpack ?
Backpack is the most essential part of any outing. A normal 20 litre or 30 litre backpack is good for normal day outing. 30 litre or 40 litre backpack for overnight or 2 day outing. 50 litre backpack to carry 2-3 days outings loaded to carry extra essentials.
i. What food to carry ?
Carry homemade food, dry snacks, some mix dry fruits, dates, glucose powder, water 2 litre is enough for a days outing. Carry food according to your outing.
For more details, Email –
firstname.lastname@example.org Or Call – 08692086927/ 0869205577
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh