Trek to the Thrilling Kalavantin Durg !!!
About the Kalavantin Durg Trek :
Kalavantin Durg is situated just opposite to the Prabalgad Fort between Matheran and Panvel, Maharashtra approx 2300 ft from sea level. Kalavantin Pinnacle trek is divided into two patches, first is uphill terrain till Prabalmachi where the trek route is divided for Kalavantin durg and Prabalgad.
The second patch for Kalavantin hike is vertiginous, as the rock cut steps are very steep and is the only way to climb the Kalavantin Pinnacle. There are no railings or support while ascending 0r descending the durg and thus makes it the hardest part of trek.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Date : TBA
Category : Trek
Level : Easy-Medium
Duration : 01 Night / 01 Day
Age Group : 18 – 40 yrs
Day 01 :
Meet at Panvel railway station by 06:45 pm and move towards Thakurwadi – Base Village by public transportation. Start hiking after mandatory introduction to Prabalmachi. The hike is approximately 2 hours till Prabalmachi. Well pitch Tents, have dinner and rest for the night. Overnight Stay at Prabalmachi in tents
Day 02 :
Wake up early morning, freshen up & have breakfast. After that we start ascending Kalavantin durg. Reach at the top, explore the pinnacle. Descend back to Prabalmachi for lunch. Post lunch start descending to Thakurwadi where our local transport will leave us at Panvel Station.
Tour concludes with fun-loving memories 🙂
Tour Price : Rs.1,750/- per person+ Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Member : Rs.1,700/- per member+ Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only) , click here
1. Transportation from Panvel to Panvel by public transportation.
2. Dinner on Saturday night
3. Breakfast and Lunch on Sunday
4. Stay on triple sharing in tents
5. Expertise and Guide Charges
1. Tax as applicable
2. Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Lunch / Dinner as per schedule.
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication / First Aid kit
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
7. Cap, Sunglasses, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. (as per season)
8. Proper Backpack to carry all these things (No handbags, duffle bag or jholas)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Rainwear (Jacket / Ponchos ) or Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters) – (as per season).
11. Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon and plate (if necessary)
12. Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
13. Sleeping bag / mat / bedsheet (as per schedule)
14. Slippers (optional at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).
1. Alcohol and smoking is strictly disallowed on treks. If found, trekking under influence of drugs or drinks youll be barred from the trek. And our responsibility ceases with you.
2. Littering is strictly not allowed on treks. Do not leave empty plastic bottles, biscuit or chocolate wrappers behind. We have to carry our own garbage/leftovers back to the city.
3. Wear proper loose fitting clothes no jeans pants allowed. Try and wear full sleeve top and long bottoms or pants. Will spare you from mosquitoes, insect bites or thorny bushes (your choice).
4. Talk to the native villagers gently and give respect to them. Cause we are their guests.
5. Do not carry lots of cash, gold or any valuables. We are not responsible for the loss.
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page 😕https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Mobile App 😕http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh