Amazing and colorful Kaas !! Maharashtra’s ‘Valley of Flowers’
About Offbeat Kaas Tour :
Also famous as the Kaas Pathar or Kas Sadas, Kaas Plateau is situated just 25 kms west from Satara city in Maharashtra, India. It comes under the Sahyadri Sub Cluster of the Western Ghats, and has been declared as a part of a UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site.
This rich plateau appears like a carpet that alters varied colors almost every 15-20 days depending on the prominent flowers during that time. It’s a distinctive place for flora experts, nature lovers & photographers. Kaas Plateau is an abode to around 850 species of flowering plants, of which 624 have come in the Red Data Book, a state document that enlists species whose survival is threatened.
Kaas Lake, which is enclosed by a thick forest, lies between Sajjangad fort and the Kanher Dam. This biodiversity site also houses a variety of insects, attractive birds, amphibians, reptiles and some major mammalian species.
So, what are you waiting for? Set off on a magical tour to Kaas Plateau and experience the bliss like never before!
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 28th – 29th September 2019
Category : Offbeat Tour – Short
Duration : 2 Nights / 2 Days
Approx Distance: 750 kms
Level : Easy
Route: Mumbai – Panvel – Kaas – Thoseghar – Satara – Pune – Mumbai
1. Weekend Kaas Special Tour
2. Visit to Kaas Plateau
3. Explore Kaas Lake
4. Enjoy the beautiful stay in Satara
5. Thosegar Waterfalls
6. Chalkewadi Windmill Farms
Day 0 :
Pick up by 10:30 pm from Dadar. Overnight journey towards Kaas Plateau.
Day 1 :
Early morning arrival at Satara, Introduction and briefing session. Post breakfast proceed to Kaas Pathar. Explore Kaas plateau and Kaumudini Lake.
This trail will be totally focused on locating, observing and photographing the various species of beautiful & endangered flowers. Our biodiversity expert / Mumbai Travellers leader will be giving you utmost guidance and information during this trail. If lucky, you might also spot some animals like Vine snakes, Barking deer or an Eagle!
Our information session ends here which will be followed by lunch. Post lunch proceed towards Satara, enjoy talking through the night in front of beautiful backwaters.
Day 2 :
After breakfast, leave for Chalkewadi Pathar, enroute enjoy Thoseghar waterfalls and Chalkewadi windmill farm followed by lunch. Post lunch proceed towards Mumbai.
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories 😀
Tour Price : Rs.4,499/- + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.4,299/- + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only) , click here
1. Meals on Saturday – Breakfast, lunch and dinner
2. Meals on Sunday -Breakfast
3. Accommodation on multiple sharing basis
4. Entry Fees at Kaas
1. Taxes as applicable
2. Any other personal Expenses
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to carry:ID proof Must ( Pancard / Driving License )
1. Extra Clothes
2. Dry Food (snacks)
3. Personal Medicines If any
4. Cap, Sunglasses, etc
5. Sport shoes & kitos
6. Electral powder / Glucon D/ Tang
7. Camera (Optional)
8. Water Bottle (1 Litre) Must
9. Weather in Kaas is Unpredictable, so please be prepared for Rain (Raincovers/ Umbrella/Poncho)
1.Where is Kaas Plateau located & what is the mode of transportation ?
– Kaas plateau is located in the outskirts of Satara district (Mumbai-280 kms & Pune-140 kms). We are travelling overnight by non-ac push back bus from Mumbai
2. What are the pick up points ? Can we get enroute pick ups ?
– The pick up & drop is available from Dadar, Vashi, Kalamboli & Pune. We do not give enroute pick up to save the travel time from Mumbai to Kaas Pathar. The exact venue & timings are shared 2-3 days prior to the tour with tour details.
3. Are children or senior citizen can join for this tour ?
– Eco-Tours are open for all the age groups. Children above 03 years and physically fit senior citizen are always welcomed. As we are in outdoors and have to trail for 04-05 kms on plateau; infants & physically unfit travellers are not allowed on this tour for health & convenience concern.
4. What is the child policy for the tour ?
– If the child needs extra seat in the bus, extra meals then the child is considered as an adult. If not then the child will be exempted from tour price and child policy will be applicable. Feel free to contact us for applicable child policy.
5. How many people will be their in one batch ?
– Normally, our batch size is of 25-30 travellers and registration are open on first come first serve basis.
6. What are the changing facilities or basic amenities for washroom ?
– There are no washroom and freshen up facilities available on Kaas plateau. We will providing the basic washroom facilities in the hotel which is around 03 kms away from Kaas Pathar. One can pay additional charges directly to the hotel if one needs to use the rooms for changing.
7. What is the best season to Explore Kaas Pathar for flora & fauna ?
– Kaas Pathar is accessible throughout the year. The blooming season starts mostly in September first week depending on the monsoon and last till October ends.
8. When will I get tour details of Kaas ?
– Usually, I final tour details like things to carry, contact details of leaders, meeting details and Do’s & dont’s will be sent on email 3 days prior to the trip.
9. Can I Pay on spot ?
– Travel cashless ! Why to carry cash when we have multiple payment options like internet banking, cheque deposit Or online payment gateway.
10. Can we drive by our own till Kaas ?
– As it is a fixed departure tour & network are unavailable at Kaas Pathar, we do not take such bookings to avoid hassle in coordination. You may surely opt for exclusive tour by customizing it. Please fill the form here to get the best deal.
11. How long will be the trail at Kaas Pathar ?
– Normally, the trail is for 04-05 kms for 3-4 hours. Our naturalist shares the information on the bio-dioversity at Kaas plateau.
12. What is Group discount policy ?
– The group discount of Rs.100/- applicable on minimum group of 08 travellers.
13. What time we will reach back to Mumbai ?
– We normally reaches by 09:-10 pm however, it totally depends on the traffic.
14. How are sightings & rain at Kaas Pathar ?
– The sightngs are totally natural phenomenon. We had scheduled the batch considering the peak season and suggestion by the experts and locals. The monsoon at Kaas region is normally heavy comparatively to Mumbai & Pune. However, this is the only season to visit Kaas for its bio-diversity.
For More Details, Mail Us – email@example.com Or Call us – 08692055777 / 08692086927
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh