The Festival of Festivals in the land of Nagas !!
About Hornbill festival in the land of Nagas :
The Hornbill festival, also known as ‘Festival of Festivals’, showcases ancient tribal culture and rich heritage of Nagaland. Organized every year from 1st December to 10th December, this exotic festival is held in the Naga heritage village of Kisama. Almost all the tribes and sub-tribes take part in the vibrant activities that highlight the culture and tradition of this North-Eastern state, also known as the ‘Land of Festivals’. This Nagaland festival is one of the most popular, lavish and exuberant festival and people from all over the world attend it to know more about the Naga culture and heritage. The festival is an extravagant affair and features traditional arts, dances, folk songs, parades, fashion shows, beauty contests, sports, games and various stalls of local food and handicraft. Unique competitions like King Chilly Eating Competition are also organized at the Hornbill festival and one should definitely not miss Hornbill Rock Festival, Kohima Night Bazaar, film festival and adventure activities.
This annual festival celebrates the myriad of cultures and is an eclectic mix of vibrant and colorful traditional displays. The taste of this vibrant cocktail of colors, sound and people will surely remain etched in your memories forever.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates : 03rd – 08th December 2019
Category : Ecotour
Duration : 05 Night / 06 Days
* Flight suggestions: You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the flight booking, we will be happy to help you.
1. Visit Khonoma village – the first green village of Asia
2. Witness the Hornbill Festival at Kisama Heritage village
3. Visit Dzuleke village- one of the first community based eco-tourism destinations in Nagaland.
4. Hike to Teisou Khurii via paddy fields
5. Festival of Festivals – HORNBILL FESTIVAL
6. Exploring Tribal Culture, Tradition, Martial Arts & Carnivals
Day 01 : Dimapur to Khonoma (82.8km distance)
Welcome to Nagaland. Meet our representative at the Dimapur airport, and get ready for the journey to Khonoma village. We will explore the village in the evening and talk about various tribes of Nagaland. Overnight stay at Khonoma-the first green village of Asia.
Day 02 : Khonoma to Kohima (21.2km distance)
On day 2 of your Hornbill festival tour, have a light tea and the, go for a village walk. Visit forts, morungs, round sitting place and peer group houses. Then, return to our sweet little Inn and have breakfast. Take some rest for some time and then, travel to Kisama heritage village. There one can witness the cultural dances, visit the tribal houses and taste the ethnic food. Later, return to Kohima and see the night bazaar. Then, we go back to Khonoma and overnight stay at Khonoma.
Day 03 : Khonoma to Kisama (26.4 km distance)
On day 3, have breakfast and attend the Hornbill festival at Kisama. Also, visit the war cemetery and walk around the market. Then, visit the stalls in Kisama and participate in remaining activities at the Hornbill venue. After spending the day at Kisama, return to Khonoma in evening, via Jotsoma to get the view of Kohima.
Day 04 : Khonoma to Dzuleke
Today, after having breakfast, travel to Dzuleke village- one of the first community based eco-tourism destinations in Nagaland. En-route, see the community-based alder based jhum cultivation, Mithun and human face on the rock-known by the locals as the Goddess of animals and birds. Overnight stay at Dzuleke.
Day 05 : Dzuleke to Benreau
Today, travel to Benreau village, the Zeleang Naga tribe for 3 hours via Poilwa village-one of the oldest villages of the Zeme tribe. Walk down to the sheep farm to see the mesmerizing meadows and the bordering village of Manipur Naga. Also, see one of the longest beds curved from a single wood and then, travel to Benreau in the afternoon. Overnight stay at Benreau.
Day 06 : Benreau to Dimapur
After having breakfast, our representative will drop you to Dimapur Airport.
The Hornbill Festival Tour concludes with Happy Memories 😀
*Note : There might be alteration in the itinerary as per the situation
Tour Price : Rs.39,999/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.39,499/- per member+Tax as applicable
To be a Lifetime Member, (Rs.1000/- Only) Click Here
1. 05 Nights / 06 days accommodation in comfortable hotels and homestays (Dzuleke and Benreau Valley) on twin sharing basis.
2. Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on tour (veg & non-veg)
3. Innova for transfers and sightseeing.
4. Inner line permits
5. Mumbai Travelers’ Expert
1. Any transfer to Guwahati and back
2. Entry tickets, wherever necessary.
3. Any personal orders like lunch, soft/hard drinks and mineral water on tour
4. Any personal expenses like Laundry Bills, Table Bills, Camera Fees, Tips or gratitude
5. Any medical / rescue evacuation due to mishaps like bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond the control
6. Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks etc (to be borne by the clients directly on the spot.)
7. Taxes as applicable
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to carry : ID CARD COMPULSORY
1. Hat / Cap 01 nos.
2. Woolen cap / Balaclava 01 nos.
3. Warm Scarf, Pair of Woolen Gloves
4. Round neck T-shirts, min 03 nos.
5. Fleece Sweatshirt / Sweater min 01 nos.
6. Windproof Jacket 01 nos.
7. Leggings from a Track-suit, min 01 pair, shorts
8. Pair of sturdy sports shoes with rubber sole and Sleeper
9. Cotton Socks, Woolen Socks, min 03 pairs each
10. Thermal Inners, Lower & Upper, min 01 pair
11. Raincoat / Poncho 01 nos.
12. Full Body Towel 01 nos.
13. Torch with spare batteries, 01 set
14. Sunscreen lotion, min 30 SPF
15. Toiletries and Sanitary Kit
16. Medicines as specified by doctor
17. Extra Pair of shoe laces
18. Umbrella/ Poncho
19. Camera, Cam charger, Mobile Charger.
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh