The Festival of Festivals in the land of Nagas !!
About Hornbill festival in the land of Nagas :
If your heart yearns to explore the North-East, the annual Hornbill festival of Nagaland is a great way to start. Set in a land of primeval charm, ancient tradition, fierce warrior tribes, and rich biodiversity, this annual festival celebrates the myriad of cultures that form the heart of Nagaland.
The Hornbill Festival brings forth all the tribes and sub-tribes residing in the state together to Kisama Heritage Village in Kohima. The festival itself is an eclectic mix of vibrant and colorful traditional displays. Come and enjoy a medley of cultural crafts, traditional sports, and aboriginal games, among many other colorful performances. Indulge your taste buds in authentically prepared Naga cuisine at the many food fairs present at the venue.
Though steeped in tradition and culture, Hornbill does not leave modernity far behind. Experience a pure adrenaline rush at the rock and metal performances and motorbike racing shows which are sure to leave you spellbound. The Hornbill Festival is truly an experience that will leave you with memories for life.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates : 06th-12th December 2017
Category : Ecotour
Duration : 06 Night / 07 Days
*Flight suggestions : You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the flight booking, we will be happy to help you.
1. Festival of Festivals – HORNBILL FESTIVAL
2. Exploring Tribal Culture, Tradition, Martial Arts & Carnivals
3. Khonoma-First Green Village in Asia
4. Brahmaputra Boat Ride
5. Local sightseeing at Khonoma
Day 01 : 06th December 2017
Welcome to Guwahati !
Arrival at Guwahati Airport. Meet the leader and proceed to hotel. Enroute lunch. Check in & rest. Evening, free to spend leisure time in the heart of Brahmaputra River ! Enjoy the serene boat ride and experience the tranquility at Brahmaputra Boat Ride till late night. Back to hotel and overnight stay at Guwahati.
Day 02 : 07th December 2017
Guwahati to Kohima (365 kms / 09 hours)
After breakfast proceed towards Kohima, the capital of Nagaland. Evening check In Hotel. Overnight stay at Kohima.
Day 03 : 08th December 2017
Kohima to Kigwema-Hornbill Festival
The Day is here ! Gear up for the most awaited Hornbill Festival. Have beakfast and proceed to Kisama Village, known for Hornbill Festival. Witness the beautiful tribes of Nagaland in different attire performing various cultural music and dances. Why not to try local brew, cuisines, handicrafts, weaving & martial arts (As per daily schedule). Evening free to attend concert (on your own expense). Overnight stay in hotel at Kohima
Day 04 : 09th December 2017
Today we will experience the Hornbill festival again to see more of Naga cultures (As per daily schedule). Evening free for night carnivals in the outskirt of Kohima (on your own expense). Overnight stay in hotel at Kohima.
Day 05 : 10th December 2017
Kohima – Khonoma – Kohima : Early morning wake up call. Post breakfast, proceed to the first Green Village of India-Khonoma. Explore and trail around the beautiful village of Khonoma. Back to Kohima for lunch. Post lunch, visit World War 2 Cemetery and Cathedral Church. Back to hotel by evening. Overnight stay in hotel at Kohima.
Day 06 : 11th December 2017
Kohima to Guwahati (365 kms / 09 hours)
Pack your bags and check out from Kohima towards Guwahati. Late evening arrival and overnight stay at Guwahati.
Day 07 : 12th December 2017
Bid Adieu! Have breakfast and check out. Drop to the group at airport. Fly back to home town !
Next Day : Reach Mumbai by 01:30 pm
Tour concludes with Happy Memories :D
*Note : There might be alteration in the itinerary as per the situation
Tour Price : Rs.42,000/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.41,300/- per member+Tax as applicable
To be a Lifetime Member, (Rs.1000/- Only) Click Here
1. 06 Nights / 07 days accommodation in deluxe hotel on twin sharing basis
2. Daily Breakfast and Dinner on tour (veg & non-veg)
3. Xylo / Innova / Tempo Traveller for transfers and sightseeing
4. Inner line permits
5. Entry tickets, wherever necessary
6. Mumbai Travellers’ Expert
1. Any transfer to Guwahati and back
2. Any personal orders like lunch, soft/hard drinks and mineral water on tour
3. Any personal expenses like Laundry Bills, Table Bills, Camera Fees, Tips or gratitude
4. Any medical / rescue evacuation due to mishaps like bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control
5. Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks etc (to be borne by the clients directly on the spot.)
6. Taxes as applicable
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to carry : ID CARD COMPULSORY
1. Hat / Cap 01 nos.
2. Woolen cap / Balaclava 01 nos.
3. Warm Scarf, Pair of Woollen Gloves
4. Round neck T-shirts, min 03 nos.
5. Fleece Sweatshirt / Sweater min 01 nos.
6. Windproof Jacket 01 nos.
7. Leggings from a Track-suit, min 01 pair, shorts
8. Pair of sturdy sports shoes with rubber sole and Sleeper
9. Cotton Socks, Woollen Socks, min 03 pairs each
10. Thermal Inners, Lower & Upper, min 01 pair
11. Raincoat / Poncho 01 nos.
12. Full Body Towel 01 nos.
13. Torch with spare batteries, 01 set
14. Sunscreen lotion, min 30 SPF
15. Toiletries and Sanitary Kit
16. Medicines as specified by doctor
17. Extra Pair of shoe laces
18. Umbrella / Poncho
19. Camera, Cam charger, Mobile Charger.
We all know that North East India is one of the offbeat and less visited sector in India. It’s difficult to conduct outings there because of its geographical position as well as lack of tourism infrastructures. Kindly go through the below points before confirming your registrations and make yourself ready for this Unique journey.
1. Lunch : While travelling, lunch is not included in the cost as we are going to halt at stand alone Dhaba’s enroute which gives you limited options and also there are chances that lunch gets delayed due to any circumstances.
2. Roads : The roads from Guwahati to Nagaland are bad, so the actual travel time may increase than mentioned in the itinerary.
3. Schedule : Because of it’s geographical position we will have to shuffle our schedule according to the situation. Sun rise time there is 04:30 to 05:00 am and Sun set time will
be 04:30 to 04:45 pm. so we have to start our journey early morning so that we can get more time to explore. at some point we have to do en route breakfast also ( as the most of the hotel restaurant starts at 08:00 am onwards)
4. Changes in Itinerary : We reserved all the rights to shuffle the tour program according to the current situation.
5. Hornbill Festival schedule : The schedule of activities and cultural performances at Hornbill Festival is published a day prior to the festival.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR INNERLINE PERMITS :
1. Any Photo ID (Pan card, Adhar Card, Passport)
2. 02 Pass port size photo’s
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh