About the Hampi Offbeat Trip :
An echo of a glorious past, Asia’s largest lost city, Hampi is a jewel in the jungle and a UNESCO world heritage site. Beloved by Travelers who want to explore the offbeat is something bewitching, the forlorn ruins of Hampi dot an unearthly landscape that will leave you spellbound the moment you cast your eyes on it. Once the thriving capital of the magnificent Vijayanagar Empire, it still hosts the remains of astonishing history and religion. Perhaps it is the surreal boulder strewn landscape, interspersed by bright emerald paddy fields, or it is the amazing ruins of temples, or the magical stories of myths and legends and gods and goddesses or the surrounding countryside that is almost frozen in time. Perhaps it’s a combination of all these things that make Hampi so special.
Not far away from Hampi and followed by rusty hues, offset by jade-green palm groves, banana plantations and paddy fields, lies a chilled out native of Anegundi. There is a laid back, kind of spiritual aura, in Anegundi that is captivating
Go, linger for a while and soak up all the history, magic and myths and fall in love. Even if you have only the faintest interest in Indian history, travelling to this village offers a fantastic opportunity to soak in a sight of real historical importance.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Batch 01 : 11th-13th October 2019
Category : Short Offbeat Tour
Duration : 02 Nights / 03 Days
1. A picturesque town that was once the center of a bustling Vijaynagar empire of ancient India.
2. Stay in beautiful and luxurious stay with the feel of heritage.
3. The majestic Virupaksha Temple looms over lush green paddy fields and the graceful river Tungabadra flows through the village.
4. The perfect rustic setting of an Indian village.
5. Climb on the hills to reach some seriously stunning viewpoints that offer panoramic views of historical ruins of Hampi and its surroundings.
6. Abundance of colorful cafes.
7. Do nothing at the “Hippie Island”.
8. Enjoy bamboo made Coracle ride, if lucky get a chance to jump off a cliff too.
Day 0 : Departure from your respective cities to Hampi.
Bus suggestions for the journey from Mumbai and Pune
VRL Travels: 05:00 PM Departure from Mumbai and approx.09:00 am Arrival at Hospet (Karnataka) I-Shift Multi-Axle VOLVO A/c Sleeper-Coach. The same bus goes through Pune and people coming from cities other than Mumbai or Pune, can search for buses to Hospet on various online portals like Red Bus.
Day 1 : Welcome to Hampi
Arrive in morning at Hosapete (Hospet) by approx. 9-9:30 am. Hop on to a private vehicle done specially for you. A comfortable stay is arranged for you. Check in, have breakfast and enjoy your day by seeing the ancient ruins, many of which lie in and around Hampi Bazaar and the nearby riverside areas. It also encompasses the city’s most sacred enclave of the architecturally rich Virupaksha temple. Our day ends with beautiful sunset and stroll around Tungabhadra River. Overnight stay in Hampi.
Day 2 : Hampi to Anegundi (35kms)
In the morning we cross the river, as we head to Anegundi. Situated in the countryside amongst sandstone hills, lakes and peaceful farmlands, Anegundi is rather a relaxed backpacker’s heaven. We will explore the Hippie Island, the green paddy field hamlet, wherein you can explore few temples. Post lunch, enjoy coracle ride at beautiful Sanapur Lake. In the evening, explore few more amazing spots which will leave you astonished. Overnight stay in Hampi.
Day 3 : Sightseeing Marathon in Hampi
In the morning after having breakfast, we head out to explore more of Hampi. This is the time to explore, learn history and enjoy the weather. After the amazing day, shop in the streets of Hampi and feed on Karnataka Special thali in a famous café. Early evening, head back to Hosapete (Hospet) and board bus leaving for your respective cities.
Day 4 : Arrival in your respective cities by bus
Your memorable offbeat tour ends here…
We hope you feel the same that there has been no better time to experience the soulful atmosphere of this unforgettable corner of South India…
Tour Price : Rs.11,000/- per person + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.10,500/- per member + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. Since this is an offbeat tour, many times it is low on leisure but always high on experiences.
2. Visits, activities and their order are subject to change for an offbeat tour based on the discretion of Mumbai Travellers.
1. Daily Breakfast & dinner
2. 02 nights’ accommodation in Hampi – Double or Triple sharing.
3. Transportation by Tempo Traveler / Innova / Etios for 3 days depending on the number of people.
4. An experienced offbeat expert & a friend who will help you take the hassle out of your travel.
5. Expert Guide throughout the trip.
6. Experience of Coracle Ride
1. Travel from your city to Hosapete (Hospet), Hosapete (Hospet) to your city by bus.
2. Entry Fees
3. Lunch (We want you to try out local Cuisines & not be restricted to a particular restaurant, cafe)
4. Personal expenses
5. Anything other than mentioned above
6. Tax as applicable
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Gov approved Id proof Compulsory ( No Pan Card)
2. A small backpack (Avoid Suitcases)
3. A day bag to hold camera and essential during sightseeing .
4. Swimwear in case you decide to swim
5. Torch (Must)
6. Personal Medicines If any
7. Cap, Shades, Sun-screen etc.
8. Sport shoes or Good quality Floaters
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Sanitary Kit
11. Mosquito Repellent
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh