Heritage Trip to Hampi & Anegundi !!
About the Hampi-Anegundi Offbeat Tour :
An echo of a glorious past, Asia’s largest lost city, Hampi is a jewel in the jungle and is a UNESCO world heritage site. Beloved by Travelers who want to explore the offbeat is something bewitching, the forlorn ruins of Hampi dot an unearthly landscape that will leave you spellbound the moment you cast your eyes on it. Once the thriving capital of the magnificent Vijayanagar Empire, it still hosts the remains of astonishing history and religion. It’s a land of flavors and it’s difficult to pick the best one. Maybe it is the surreal boulder strewn landscape, interspersed by bright emerald paddy fields, or it is the amazing ruins of temples, or the magical stories of myths and legends of gods & goddesses or the surrounding countryside that is almost frozen in time. Perhaps it’s a combination of all these things that make Hampi so special.
Not far away from Hampi and followed by rusty hues, offset by jade-green palm groves, banana plantations and paddy fields, lies a chilled out native of Anegundi. There is a laid back, kind of spiritual aura, in Anegundi that is captivating.
Go, linger for a while and soak up all the history, magic and myths and fall in love. Even if you have only the faintest interest in Indian history, travelling to this village offers a fantastic opportunity to soak in a sight of real historical importance.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 22nd – 24th November 2019
Batch 02 : 13th – 15th December 2019
Batch 03 : 10th – 12th January 2020
Category : Offbeat Tour
Duration : 02 Nights / 03 Days
1. A picturesque town that was once the center of a bustling Vijaynagar empire of ancient India.
2. Stay in a beautiful and comfortable resort with the feel of heritage.
3. The majestic Virupaksha Temple looms over lush green paddy fields and the graceful river Tungabhadra flows through the village.
4. The perfect rustic setting of an Indian village.
5. Climb on the hills to reach some seriously stunning viewpoints that offer panoramic views of historical ruins of Hampi and its surroundings.
6. Abundance of colorful cafes to hangout.
7. Do nothing at the “Hippie Island”. Meet yourself!
8. Enjoy boating in bamboo made Coracle ride.
Day 0 : Departure from your respective cities to Hampi.
Bus suggestions for the journey from Mumbai and Pune:
VRL Travels: 05:00 PM Departure from Mumbai and approx.09:00 am Arrival at Hosapete (Karnataka) Shift Multi-Axle VOLVO A/c Sleeper-Coach. The same bus goes through Pune and people coming from cities other than Mumbai or Pune, can search for buses to Hospet on various online portals like Red Bus or similar.
Day 1 : Welcome to Hampi
Arrive in morning at Hosapete (Hospet) by approx. 9-9:30 am. Hop on to a private vehicle done specially for you. A comfortable stay is arranged for you. Check in, have breakfast and enjoy your day by seeing the ancient ruins, many of which lie in and around Hampi Bazaar and the nearby riverside areas. It also encompasses the city’s most sacred enclave of the architecturally rich Virupaksha temple. Our day ends with beautiful sunset and stroll around Tungabhadra River. Overnight stay in Hampi.
Day 2 : Hampi to Anegundi (35 kms)
In the morning we cross the river, as we head to Anegundi. Situated in the countryside amongst sandstone hills, lakes and peaceful farmlands, Anegundi is rather a relaxed backpacker’s heaven. We will explore the Hippie Island, the green paddy field hamlet, wherein you can explore few temples. Post lunch, enjoy coracle ride at beautiful Sanapur Lake. In the evening, explore few more amazing spots which will leave you astonished. Overnight stay in Hampi.
Day 3 : Sightseeing Marathon in Hampi
In the morning after having breakfast, we head out to explore more of Hampi. This is the time to explore, learn history and enjoy the weather. After the amazing day, shop in the streets of Hampi and feed on Karnataka Special thali in a famous café. Early evening, head back to Hosapete (Hospet) and board bus leaving for your respective cities.
Day 4 : Arrival in your respective cities by bus.
Your memorable offbeat tour ends here…
We hope you feel the same that there has been no better time to experience the soulful atmosphere of this unforgettable corner of South India…
Places to visit at Hampi –
Hampi Bazaar, Royal Enclosure, Underground Shiva Temple, Lakshmi Narsimha, BadaVilinga Temple, Kadalekalu temple, Hemkuta Hill, Virupaksha Temple, Laxmi Temple, Durga Temple, Tungabhadra River, Sanapur lake, Pampa Sarovar, Anjanandri Hill (birthplace of Lord Hanuman), Vithalla Temple, Lotus Mehal, Elephant’s stable and other locations if you are keen to explore something new.
Important Note: Hampi is a place to explore on feet. We do arrange a private AC vehicle for maximum comfort and time saving, however after getting off the vehicle a traveller is expected to walk at least 2-3 hours daily to visit all places. Hence the sightseeing places we cover during the tour depend on speed and composition of the group. Anjanandri hills exploration is a great experience but it requires ascending 350 stairs, a walking stick might be helpful while ascending it. Visits, activities and their order are subject to change for an offbeat tour based on the discretion of Mumbai Travellers.
Tour Price : Rs.10,900/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.10,400/- per member + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. Daily Breakfast & Dinner at resort
2. 02 nights accommodation in Hampi – Double sharing non AC rooms in Uramma Heritage Homes or Similar
3. Ex- Hospete transportation by AC Tempo Traveler / Innova / Etios for 3 days depending on the number of people
4. An experienced & friendly tour leader who will help you take the hassle out of your travel, if any
5. Expert Guide for information sharing of heritage and monuments
6. Experience of Coracle Ride
7. Unlimited fun and Tons of Memories
1. Travel from your city to Hosapete (Hospet), Hosapete (Hospet) to your city by bus.
2. Entry Fees if applicable
3. Lunch (So that you can experience local cuisines & not be restricted to a particular restaurant)
4. Personal expenses
5. Anything other than mentioned above
6. Tax as applicable
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
*Free consultation and assistance from packing your backpack to choosing a lens for your Camera (pre or post-trip extended days)
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Gov approved Id proof Compulsory ( NO Pan Card)
2. A small Backpack (Avoid Suitcases)
3. A Day Bag to hold the camera and essential during sightseeing.
4. Swimwear in case you decide to swim.
5. Torch (Must)
6. Personal Medicines If any
7. Cap, Shades, Sun-screen etc.
8. Sports shoes or Good quality Floaters
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Sanitary Kit
11. Mosquito Repellent
FAQs For Offbeat Trips
1. What’s the age range of the Group trip ?
– We have travelers from all the groups of age. Since this is an offbeat travelling community, The majority of travelers are between the age group of 20-40 belonging from various professional sectors.
2. I am travelling solo for the first time. How can i expect my experience to be ?
– Most of our travelers here are solo . No one has a prior acquaintance with anybody other than on the community. It is going to be like the first day of school or college or office, excitement of meeting new people with the thrill of the trip. Do not expect anything less than an adventure. Absolutely, that’s the beauty of small group travel. You will make friends quickly and your Tour lead will become a good source of support to you along the way too!
3. Are single traveler mainly male or female ?
Most of our trips split pretty evenly down gender lines. We average roughly 60:40 female-to-males, so you’ll never feel outnumbered.
4. How can i be sure i am safe ?
– We follow a set of safety rules to make your travel experience physically and mentally safe. Our team is well trained and equipped to handle any kind of situations. Also we send precaution note for most of our trips couple of days
5. What if i want room to myself ?
The fun of travelling in groups is sharing of rooms. We recommend that you share the room with fellow travelers for better bonding and understanding. Somehow, if you wish to have a separate room anyway, that can be possible for additional amount depending upon the accommodation.
6. How much freedom do i have during a trip ?
Every trip has an well designed itinerary to make most out of the destination or event. Group travel are all about experiences . However If any point of time, you feel like exploring the things by yourself or would like to skip a day at stay back apart from set Itinerary, you have the freedom to do so yes only after consulting with tour Lead (Remember Traveler adhere the additional cost if any 😉 ). Not everybody likes museums like no everyone enjoys shopping.
Essential Checklist :
Our number one piece of advice is: collect everything you think you need
Almost everyone brings far too much stuff. We like to travel light. However, everyone has different wants and needs, so make sure you bring the stuff that makes you happy when travelling!
1. Should i bring Backpack or Suitcase ?
– Either is completely fine! Personally, we would recommend a backpack as it easier to carry around when going from trains to boats (and easier to lift above your head when standing knee-deep in water ;)).
2. Parents often worry about the safety of their progeny. This is completely understandable ?
– Its why a group tour is ideal for any first-time traveller you are mostly in the company of other travellers, so are far less likely to get into trouble than if you were travelling solo. We try to ensure the safety of all our travellers, however we are also against the babysitting approach of other tour companies. This means a healthy amount of individual space, with a base understanding that everyone is a self-sufficient, responsible adult.
3. What are accommodation like ?
During the tour you will be staying in varied places (one being the night train! during travel). However, most nights you will be staying in twin or Triple rooms/Hostels/Havelis/Nature Camps etc.. with a fellow Travellers. Our accommodation are comfortable and safe and we strive to get you guys in the best locations so some mornings you’ll be waking up on a lake, and others right on the beach!
4. How fit do I need to be ?
You don’t have to be an athlete to travel with us all walks and activities are optional and there is something for everyone.
5. Do I need to bring a sleeping bag or mosquito net ?
You don’t need to bring a sleeping bag unless informed but a sleeping bag liner/ inner is advisable. You don’t need to bring a mosquito net but we do recommend getting bug repellent
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh