Heritage Trip to Hampi & Anegundi !!
About the Hampi-Anegundi Offbeat Tour :
An echo of a glorious past, Asia’s largest lost city, Hampi is a jewel in the jungle and a UNESCO world heritage site. Beloved by Travelers who want to explore the offbeat is something bewitching, the forlorn ruins of Hampi dot an unearthly landscape that will leave you spellbound the moment you cast your eyes on it. Once the thriving capital of the magnificent Vijayanagar Empire, it still hosts the remains of astonishing history and religion. Perhaps it is the surreal boulder strewn landscape, interspersed by bright emerald paddy fields, or it is the amazing ruins of temples, or the magical stories of myths and legends and gods and goddesses or the surrounding countryside that is almost frozen in time. Perhaps it’s a combination of all these things that make Hampi so special.
Not far away from Hampi and followed by rusty hues, offset by jade-green palm groves, banana plantations and paddy fields, lies a chilled out native of Anegundi. There is a laid back, kind of spiritual aura, in Anegundi that is captivating.
Go, linger for a while and soak up all the history, magic and myths and fall in love. Even if you have only the faintest interest in Indian history, travelling to this village offers a fantastic opportunity to soak in a sight of real historical importance.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 22nd – 24th November 2019
Batch 02 : 13th – 15th December 2019
Batch 03 : 10th-12th January 2019
Category : Offbeat Tour
Duration : 02 Nights / 03 Days
- A picturesque town that was once the center of a bustling Vijaynagar empire of ancient India.
- The majestic Virupaksha Temple looms over lush green paddy fields and the graceful river Tungabadra flows through the village.
- The perfect rustic setting of an Indian village.
- Climb on the hills to reach some seriously stunning viewpoints that offer panoramic views of historical ruins of Hampi and its surroundings.
- Abundance of colorful cafes.
- Do nothing at the “Hippie Island”.
- Enjoy bamboo made Coracle ride, if lucky get a chance to jump off a cliff too.
Day 0 : By Bus : Departure from your respective cities to Hampi.
Bus suggestions for the journey from Mumbai and Pune:
VRL Travels: 05:00 PM Departure from Mumbai and approx.09:00 am Arrival at Hosapete (Hospet), Karnataka I-Shift Multi-Axle VOLVO A/c Sleeper-Coach. The same bus goes through Pune and people coming from cities other than Mumbai or Pune, can search for buses to Hospet on various online portals like Red Bus.
Day 1 : Welcome to Hampi
Arrive in morning at Hosapete (Hospet) by approx. 9-9:30 am. Hop on a local bus / auto and head to Hampi (which is only 25-30 minutes ride). A local stay / hotel is arranged for you. Enjoy your day by seeing the ancient ruins, many of which lie in and around Hampi Bazaar and the nearby riverside areas. It also encompasses the city’s most sacred enclave of the architecturally rich Virupaksha temple. Our day ends with beautiful sunset and stroll around Tungabhadra River. Overnight stay in Hampi.
Day 2 : Hampi to Anegundi (35 kms)
In the morning we cross the river, as we head to Anegundi. Situated in the countryside amongst sandstone hills, lakes and peaceful farmlands, Anegundi is rather a relaxed backpacker’s heaven. A cozy home-stay near paddy farm is waiting for you. Enjoy rest of day exploring the green paddy field hamlet at leisure, wherein you can explore few temples. Post lunch, enjoy coracle ride at beautiful Sanapur Lake. In the evening, explore few more amazing places. Overnight stay in Anegundi / Hippie Island.
Day 3 : Sightseeing Marathon in Hampi
In the morning we get back to Hampi. This is the time to explore on cycles, learn history and enjoy the weather. After the amazing ride, shop in the streets of Hampi and feed on Karnataka Special thali in a famous café. Early evening, head back to Hosapete (Hospet) and board bus leaving for your respective cities.
Day 4 : Arrival in your respective cities by bus.
Your memorable offbeat tour ends here…
We hope you feel the same that there has been no better time to experience the soulful atmosphere of this unforgettable corner of Hindu South India…
**Places we might visit –
Royal Enclosure, Underground Shiva Temple, Lakshmi Narsimha, BadaVilinga Temple, Kadalekalu temple, Hemkuta Hill, Laxmi Temple, Durga Temple, Pampa Sarovar, Anjanandri Hill (birthplace of Lord Hanuman), Vithalla Temple, Lotus Mahal, Elephant’s stable and other locations if you are keen to explore something
Tour Price : Rs.7,500/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.7,200/- per member + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
– Since this is an offbeat tour, many times it is low on leisure but always high on experiences.
– Visits, activities and their order are subject to change for offbeat tour based on the discretion of Mumbai Travellers
– The trip involves loads of walking, and cycling.
1. Daily Breakfast & dinner
2. 02 Nights accommodation in Home-stays or Hotel or similar – Double or Triple sharing
3. Transportation by tempo traveler or auto rickshaw for 2 days and one day by cycling.
4. An experienced offbeat expert & a friend who will help you take the hassle out of your travel.
1. From your city to Hosapete (Hospet), Hosapete (Hospet) to your city by bus.
2. Entry Fees & Guide Charges
3. Lunch (We want you to try out local Cuisines & not restricted to a particular restaurant, cafe)
4. Personal Expenses
5. Anything other than mentioned Above.
6. Tax as applicable
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
*Free consultation and assistance from packing your backpack to choosing a lens for your Camera (pre or post-trip extended days)
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Gov approved Id proof Compulsory ( NO Pan Card)
2. A small Backpack (Avoid Suitcases)
3. A Day Bag to hold the camera and essential during sightseeing.
4. Swimwear in case you decide to swim.
5. Torch (Must)
6. Personal Medicines If any
7. Cap, Shades, Sun-screen etc.
8. Sports shoes or Good quality Floaters
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Sanitary Kit
11. Mosquito Repellent
FAQs For Offbeat Trips
1. What’s the age range of the Group trip ?
– We have travelers from all the groups of age. Since this is an offbeat travelling community, The majority of travelers are between the age group of 20-40 belonging from various professional sectors.
2. I am travelling solo for the first time. How can i expect my experience to be ?
– Most of our travelers here are solo . No one has a prior acquaintance with anybody other than on the community. It is going to be like the first day of school or college or office, excitement of meeting new people with the thrill of the trip. Do not expect anything less than an adventure. Absolutely, that’s the beauty of small group travel. You will make friends quickly and your Tour lead will become a good source of support to you along the way too!
3. Are single traveler mainly male or female ?
Most of our trips split pretty evenly down gender lines. We average roughly 60:40 female-to-males, so you’ll never feel outnumbered.
4. How can i be sure i am safe ?
– We follow a set of safety rules to make your travel experience physically and mentally safe. Our team is well trained and equipped to handle any kind of situations. Also we send precaution note for most of our trips couple of days
5. What if i want room to myself ?
The fun of travelling in groups is sharing of rooms. We recommend that you share the room with fellow travelers for better bonding and understanding. Somehow, if you wish to have a separate room anyway, that can be possible for additional amount depending upon the accommodation.
6. How much freedom do i have during a trip ?
Every trip has an well designed itinerary to make most out of the destination or event. Group travel are all about experiences . However If any point of time, you feel like exploring the things by yourself or would like to skip a day at stay back apart from set Itinerary, you have the freedom to do so yes only after consulting with tour Lead (Remember Traveler adhere the additional cost if any 😉 ). Not everybody likes museums like no everyone enjoys shopping.
Essential Checklist :
Our number one piece of advice is: collect everything you think you need
Almost everyone brings far too much stuff. We like to travel light. However, everyone has different wants and needs, so make sure you bring the stuff that makes you happy when travelling!
1. Should i bring Backpack or Suitcase ?
– Either is completely fine! Personally, we would recommend a backpack as it easier to carry around when going from trains to boats (and easier to lift above your head when standing knee-deep in water ;)).
2. Parents often worry about the safety of their progeny. This is completely understandable ?
– Its why a group tour is ideal for any first-time traveller you are mostly in the company of other travellers, so are far less likely to get into trouble than if you were travelling solo. We try to ensure the safety of all our travellers, however we are also against the babysitting approach of other tour companies. This means a healthy amount of individual space, with a base understanding that everyone is a self-sufficient, responsible adult.
3. What are accommodation like ?
During the tour you will be staying in varied places (one being the night train! during travel). However, most nights you will be staying in twin or Triple rooms/Hostels/Havelis/Nature Camps etc.. with a fellow Travellers. Our accommodation are comfortable and safe and we strive to get you guys in the best locations so some mornings you’ll be waking up on a lake, and others right on the beach!
4. How fit do I need to be ?
You don’t have to be an athlete to travel with us all walks and activities are optional and there is something for everyone.
5. Do I need to bring a sleeping bag or mosquito net ?
You don’t need to bring a sleeping bag unless informed but a sleeping bag liner/ inner is advisable. You don’t need to bring a mosquito net but we do recommend getting bug repellent
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh