Explore the only kingdom of Asiatic Lions !!!
About the Gir National Park :
Gir National Park, the Jewel of Saurashtra (Gujrath, India), is spread over 1412 sq.kms. A dry deciduous forest. Gir is best known as the last home of Asiatic Lions. Over 523 Lions (as per the 14th Lion census), more than 311 Leopards, and a number of other carnivores, ungulates crossing the 50,000 mark and 300 species of birds. It also has 500 types of trees, more than 2000 species of insects and other lesser known animals with green patches of forest and dry scrub jungle. That’s Gir National Park and Sanctuary a pure paradise of biological diversity.
Batch 1 : 8th to 10th November 2019
Batch 2 : 21st to 23rd February 2020
Category : Wildlife
Duration : 2 Nights/3 Days
Train Suggestion :
Onwards Journey : Onwards Journey : Mumbai Central – Rajkot AC Duranto (12267)
Return Journey : MMCT DURONTO EXP (12268) Rajkot to Mumbai Central
Flight Suggestions : Ex Rajkot airport. Contact us for flight suggestions
Note* : You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train / flight booking, we will be happy to help you.
Day 0 :
Leave for (Rajkot Junction) from Mumbai. Overnight travel in train.
Reach Rajkot by 11 am and proceed to resort by road transfer. En-route Lunch. Late afternoon check-in at our resort at Gir. Evening discussion session on Gir and Wildlife photography. If possible we may take a bird watching trail along the river side. Dinner and Lights off.
Day 2 :
Today we are going engage in wildlife safari in Gir forest for about 10 hours with major focus on tracking Lions, Leopards, Eagles, Owls, Vultures and other wildlife. Today we will be doing all 3 safaris in Gir – Morning – Afternoon and Evening. Lunch and dinner at resort. Post Dinner, discussion session for about today’s sighting and photography tips.
Day 3 :
Early morning leave for 04th lion safari. Gir forest is divided into 10 different zones and we choose the zones where in chances of sighting lions are best, ensuring great photo opportunity to our travellers. After a yummy breakfast & group photo session, check out resort and leave for Rajkot station. En-route visit Devaliya zoo safari or some birding spot if possible. Reach Rajkot by 7 pm and catch the return train or flight.
Next Day : Reach Mumbai early morning around 6 am
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories 🙂
1. Lion is just a part of forest and lion sighting is matter of luck, so always enjoy the overall forest with other mammals and birds.
2. Costing might increase at last minute if there is any changes made in Fees structure by Forest department.
Tour Price : Rs.20,000/- per person+ Tax as applicable (For 3 people in Gypsy row)
Tour Price : Rs.24,000/- per person+ Tax as applicable (For 2 people in Gypsy row)
For Lifetime Member : Rs.500/- off on above pricing
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
Group Discounts : For booking of 4 or more travellers : Rs.1000/- off per person on the tour amount.
1. Pickup and Drop from Rajkot to Rajkot in A/C Vehicle
2. Accommodation in Resort on Twin Sharing Basis in AC Rooms: Lion Safari Camp, We Love Gir or Similar category resort
3. Transfers from resort to safari gate
4. All veg meals at Gir National Park
5. 04 Exclusive Wildlife Safaris in open gypsy in most potential core zone
6. Services of wildlife expert tour managers
1. Transfer from Mumbai to Mumbai
2. Meals during the train/flight journey
3. Lens/Camera charges
4. Any personal orders, laundry, phone calls
5. Any porter charges,tips and gratitude
6. Anything other than mentioned above
7. Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities or sudden changes in forest fees, permits etc
8. Taxes as applicable .
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
1. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded.
2. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
3. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
4. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded.
5. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
FAQ’s For WILDLIFE SAFARI:
1. How many people will be there in Gypsy for a safari tour..?
– All wildlife safaris will have 6 pax in one gypsy.
2. Can I get a Safari on 4 sharing basis..?
– Definitely yes, but it will be on extra cost and you need to inform us well in advance.
3. What is the Child policy for Wildlife Safaris?
– A child above 05 years of age is considered as an adult for any safari permit all over India. Children below 05 years of age exempted from any safari costs and can travel free of charge.
4. Are Wildlife Safaris safe?
– Absolutely! Even if all the safaris are carried out in an open gypsy, there is hardly any danger from any wildlife. Plus on every safari we would have a Forest guide with us along with the gypsy driver and our expert who will help out if any unwanted situation arises.
5. What are the safari timings?
– Safari timings change from season to season in different National Parks depending on the Sunrise and Sunset. Usually a safari lasts for 3-4 hours morning and evening.
Approximately the tmings are:
Morning: 6.00 am – 10 am
Afternoon : 3.00 pm – 6 pm
6. What is a Core zone and Buffer Zone ?
– A tourism zone in any National Park is divided into two zones: Core Zone and Buffer Zone. Buffer zone lies around the periphery of core forest area. Most of the tourism/safaris takes place in core zone.
7. What is the best season to do a Wildlife Safari?
– The wildlife safari season starts from October-June. In Winter, from October to March one can have amazing birding opportunities with some migratory birds along with decent Tiger sightings and other mammals. March to May as the summer approaches one can have good tiger sightings along with other mammalian sightings and birding. So if you are a tiger centric wild lifer, we suggest you do a safari from March-May.
8. What are chances of Tiger Sightings during the safaris?
– Tiger sightings are dependent on pure luck and chance.Weather conditions also affect tiger sightings.But all our safari tours are well guided with experts and local guides who help track tigers along with other mammals and birds! So we ensure that you take back some unique experiences with you if not tiger sightings!
9. Why does one has to book Wildlife Tours in advance?
– The safari permit booking starts 120 days before the actual travel date. Plus there are limited number of gypsies that can enter each gate every safari.Hence safari booking is very crucial and needs to be done at earliest.
10. What kind of facilities will be available at the destination we are travelling to?
– Our resorts in all the wildlife safaris tours are Deluxe Category; comfortable and homely All resorts are equipped with all amenities like hot/cold water, toiletries, A/C facilities, Laundry on call etc. Along with this, Veg-Non veg meals will be available in buffet style.
11. What are the camera charges for safaris?
– Some National parks forest permit charge extra camera fees to the travellers which carry a high-end cameras with telelenses or video cameras for photography and shooting. For eg: In tadoba : A camera with lens of 200mm and above is charged Rs.200 per safari.
12. I am not a professional photographer or wild lifer…can i still enroll for safari tour?
– Yes,why not?? Every nature lover is welcomed on a safari tour! We feel every traveller must do a wildlife safari at least once in his lifetime! Its an experience that every individual must take in
13. What are photography opportunities for someone who is keen on wildlife photography and will he/she get guidance for the same?
– All our safari tours are balanced providing ample opportunities for wildlife photography. It not only focuses on tigers but also on other mammalian species, birds, reptiles along with capturing beautiful Landscapes and natural beauty.
14. What will the climate/weather be like in/around the park we will travel to?
– The weather differs from regin to region. Winters are usually cool with temperature ranging from 8-20 degrees while Summers are hot and dry with temperatures ranging from 25-45 degrees.
Some Do’s :
* Carry clothes according to the season of the visit. Carry clothes that will help you camouflage with the surroundings.
* Always carry Original Identity Proof.
* Carry a fragrance-free Sunscreen.
* Always keep your phone on silent or airplane mode when entering forest.
* Cover your face with a scarf to protect it from dust.
* Also carry extra batteries, memory cards for cameras and cover it to protect the camera from dust,rain etc.
* Always remain calm and composed when any sighting takes place.
* Your guide/mentor and locals know the area inside the forest better than anyone, so do cooperate with them.
* Do follow strict timing as given by your team leader to avoid delay in any activities as safaris are group events.
* Always respect your local guide/driver and their knowledge about the forest during an safari.
* For herping/monsoon wildlife tours, always carry wind-cheaters, proper clothing and shoes, water-proof bags. Also get rain proof covers for your camera/binoculars etc.
* Do not litter in forest and surrounding areas
* Do not throw anything out of the gypsy.
* Don’t yell,scream or wave at the animals.
* Do not wear brightly colored clothes or apply any kind of perfumes or deos
* Never feed any animals
* Do not play any loud music in vicinity of the forest area.
* No one is allowed to get down from the gypsy inside the forest.
* Do not argue with any person like forest guards,guides,locals or even travellers from another gypsy during the safari.
unique journeys…unique people…
8692022777 / 8692033777
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh