Explore the Grand Canyon Of India & Second largest cave in India !!
About Gandikota Fort & Belum Caves :
In the Outskirts of Andhra Pradesh, India; Gandikota Fort is one of the offbeat and isolated destinations in India. It is well famous as Grand Canyon Of India due to the beautiful Gorge of Gandikota Fort on bank of river Penna. The ruins of Gandikota Fort narrates its history dating back to 12th century.
Belum Caves is the Second largest cave in the Indian Subcontinent for the narrow passages and steep chambers. It is said that Buddhist and Jain Monks meditated there in early ages. Many Buddhist relics were found in the “Meditation Hall” in Belum Caves. APTDC has maintained this cave with local resources.
Gandikota & Belum caves together is a great combo of geological miracles and is certainly one of the Most Unique & Must Visit destinations in India. Explore it soon with Mumbai Travellers before it becomes restricted or overpopulated.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 29th-30th September 2018
Batch 02 : 10th-11th November 2018
Batch 03 : 08th-09th December 2018
Category : Offbeat Tour
Duration : 01 Night / 02 Days
Train Suggestions :
On-wards Journey : 12163 – Chennai Express : Mumbai (08:30 pm) to Tadipatri (12:13 pm)
Return Journey : 11042 – Mumbai Express : Tadipatri (06:39 pm) to Mumbai (01:35 pm)
- The Grand Canyon of India-Gandikota
- The second largest cave & largest underground cave in India-Belum Caves
- Bugga Rammalingeshwar Temple
Day 00 : Leave from Mumbai to Tadiptari by Chennai Express by 08:30 p.m (as per the batch dates)
Day 01 : Reach at Tadipatri by 12:00 pm. Have breakfast / lunch and proceed to Gandikota by private a/c vehicle. Check in to the hotel. Freshen Up. Visit the Mylavaram Dam near Gandikota Fort and Set out to explore one of the most unique places in India – Gandikota ! Enjoy the scenic sunset at Gorge of River Pennar – Grand Canyon of India. Back to hotel. Enjoy the group games, discussion sessions and overnight stay at hotel.
Day 02 : Early morning wake up call and explore the Gandikota fort, Ranganathswamy Temple, Madhavraya Temple, Granary, Jumia (Jumma Masjid) and other ruins. Back to hotel and check out. Have breakfast and freshen up. Check out and proceed towards Belum Caves in Kurnool district. Explore the India’s largest underground caves-Belum. Evening visit Bugga Ramalingeshwaram Temple and proceed to Tadipatri railway station. Board train for return journey by 06:30 pm.
Next Day : Reach Mumbai by 01:30 pm
Tour concludes with Happy Memories :D
*Note : There might be alteration in the itinerary as per the situation
Tour Price : Rs.4,999/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.4,799/- per member+Tax as applicable
To be a Lifetime Member, (Rs.1000/- Only) Click Here
1. Transportation from Tadipatri to Tadipatri by ac private vehicle
2. A/c accommodation at heritage hotel at Gandikota
3. All Meals on tour (Local Cuisine : 01 veg lunch, 01 dinner, 01 non veg lunch, 01 breakfast and 02 refreshment)
4. Entry Tickets and sightseeings
5. Tolls, Permit and Parking
6. Guide and Expertise charges
1. All Taxes Applicable
2. Any Transfers till Tadipatri and back
3. Meals on Journey
4. Any other thing then mentioned inclusions
1. Book your seats well in advance to get confirmed train tickets. You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train / flight booking, we will be happy to help you !
2. As it is totally offbeat destination, there are very basic facility available and limited sources available for the stay, vehicle and meals. Mumbai Travellers are serving the best facility available at Gandikota.
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 7 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if youve booked within the last 7 days.
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to carry : ID CARD COMPULSORY
1. Extra Clothes
2. Dry Food & Water Bottle (snacks)
3. Personal Medicines/Personal First aid kit
4. Cap, goggle, sunscreen, sanitary kit etc…
5. Sport shoes or kitos
6. Electoral powder / Glucon D/ Tang
7. Camera (Optional)
8. Cotton T-shirt (To visit Belum Caves as it will be too hot & humid inside caves)
9. Rucksack / Bagpack
10. Pullover / Bedsheet (for those travelling in Sleeper class)
11. Winter wear
- Where exactly is Gandikota Fort and how to reach there
-Gandikota Fort is located in Cuddapah district in Andhra Pradesh and nearest station is Tadipatri Railway Station. You need to book train tickets from concerned destination to Tadipatri as per mentioned suggestion in itinerary.
- Can you book train tickets for us
-You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train booking, we will be happy to help you!
- How Far is Gandikota from Tadipatri and how we will be travelling
-Gandikota Fort is 50 kms from Tadipatri and easily takes 2 hours to reach there.
- How far is Belum Caves from Gandikota
-Belum Caves in Kurnool district is 65 kms from Gandikota and easily takes 1 hour to reach there.
- Is children or senior citizen can join this ecotour
-Ecotours are open for all age group. Infants are not allowed on outdoor trips for health concern.
- How many people will be their in one batch
-Normally, our batch size for Gandikota is 10-20 travellers and registration are open on first come first serve basis.
- Can I get accommodation on twin sharing basis
-Definitely yes, but it will be on extra cost and you need to inform us well in advance.
- What is Child Policy
-If child needs extra seat in vehicle, extra bed and extra meals then the child will be considered as an adult. If not, then child will be exempted from tour cost and can travel free of cost.
- What is best season to Explore Gandikota and Belum
-Gandikota Fort is accessible throughout the year. October to Mid March is the best season to explore as fort and caves are both inaccessible in monsoon and it will be too hot and humid in summer.
- When will I get tour details of Gandikota and Belum tour
-Usually, the final tour details like things to carry, leaders contact details, meeting details and Dos & Donts will be send on email 3 days prior to the trip.
- Can I pay on spot
-Travel Cashless ! Why to carry cash when we have multiple payment options like internet banking, cheque deposit or PayTm !
- Where exactly is Gandikota Fort and how to reach there
unique journeysunique people
8692022777 / 8692033777
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh