About the tour :
Bird watching in Himalayas is always a treat to eyes, the wide variety of species and its unique topography just makes it a memorable experience. Chopta is an unspoiled natural destination lying in the lap of the Garhwal range of Himalayas and offers views of the imposing Himalayan range including Trishul, Nanda Devi and Chaukhamba. Located at an elevation of 2,680 metres (8,790 ft) above sea level, Chopta is a gateway to Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary. Due to it high altitude mountain terrain and montane forest, it is a home to 300+ Himalayan bird species like Himlayan Monal, Kolklas Pheasant, Golden Bush Robin, Scally Breasted Cupwing, Fire Tailed Sunbird and some rare mammal species like Musk Deers and Himalayn Tahr. As a part of our photography tour we shall be covering areas around Chopta like Mandal, trek to Tungnath temple and villages around Chopta. The food and accommodation are basic with clean washrooms and bedsheets, serving traditional Himalayan cuisines.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 1 : 12th -17th November 2019
Category : Himalyan Birding Expedition
Duration : 05 Night / 06 Days
Train Suggestions: Ex-Delhi
Onward Journey : 12205 Nanda Devi Express (New Delhi to Haridwar)
Return Journey : 12206 Nanda Devi Express (Haridwar to New Delhi)
Note* : You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train / flight booking, we will be happy to help you.
1. A dedicated tour to one of the best birding hotspot in India
2. Tour mentored by seasoned wildlife and photography experts
3. Total 04 full day birding sessions in most potential site.
4. Photography guidance & Wildlife knowledge sharing
5. Comfortable stay offering delicious local cuisines
Day 0 : Board late night train #12205 Nanda Devi Express to Haridwar
Day 1 : Reach Haridwar by 4 AM, Board Vehicle and transfer to Chopta with enroute stop for breakfast and small stopovers. Reach Chopta by late afternoon, Check In, Lunch and rest for a while. Evening gear up for a first himlayan birding session. Back to hotel, Dinner & Night Stay at Snow View Hotel.
Day 2 : Rise n Shine to morning bird calls, Proceed for morning session, early morning is the best time to photograph Kolklas Pheasant and Khaleej Pheasant, keep any eye for other forest species. Return back to hotel for Lunch, Evening birding session around Mukku Village for Collared Owlet and rosefinch species. Back to hotel, Dinner & Night Stay at Snow View Hotel.
Day 3 : Morning bird session in search of Pheasants, Monal and other Himalayan species. Continue drive to Mandal. Enroute stop for lunch in hotel, continue birding till evening, Back to hotel, Dinner & Night Stay at Guru Kripa Hotel.
Day 4 : Post Breakfast, proceed for Tungnath temple, Chopta to Tungnath temple is a small midlevel trek of 3 hours with proper steps to climb, the trek is a ideal place to observe high altitude species like Blue Fronted Redstart, Golden Bush Robin, Fire Tailed Sunbird, Pink Browed Rosefinch, Himalayn Monal and many more warbler, tits, sunbird species. Evening back to hotel, Dinner & Night Stay at Guru Kripa Hotel.
Day 5 : Explore the area around Mandal in search of Grosbeak, Cupwings, Snow Pigeion, Accentors, Tesia, Thrushes and many more. Lunch Continue birding till evening. Evening back to hotel, Dinner & Night Stay at Guru Kripa Hotel.
Day 6 : Breakfast, short birding session, Check out and drive back to Hardiwar to board late night Nanda Devi Express to New Delhi.
Tour concludes with a great ending !!
1. Wildlife sighting is a matter of luck, so enjoy the forest.
2. Pricing might increase at the last minute if there are any changes made in Fee structure by Forest department.
Tour Price : Rs.28,000/- per person+ Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Member : Rs.27,500/- per person+ Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
Book Before 20th July 2019 and get a flat discount of Rs.1000/-*
*Discounts : Any one discount is applicable at a time (whichever is higher)
1. Pickup and Drop from Haridwar to Haridwar by Non AC Private Car.
2. Accommodation at Hotel on Twin Sharing Basis in Non AC Rooms with heater facility.
3. All meals at Chopta.
4. Breakfast on Day 1 to Lunch on Day 6.
5. All Birding Sessions.
6. All forest permissions and Guide Charges.
7. Well trained Himalayan Birding Guide.
8. Expertise Charges.
1. Transfer from Mumbai to Haridwar.
2. Meals during the train journey.
3. Lens/Camera charges if any.
4. Any personal orders or modifications other than inclusions.
5. Any porter charges, tips and gratitude
6. Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities or sudden changes in forest fees, permits etc
7. Taxes as applicable
*Important Note : Local cuisine will be provided, please don’t expect luxury amenities. Food over here is delicious but homely.
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
1. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded.
2. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
3. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
4. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded.
5. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Card Compulsory (Aadhar/ Pancard/DL)
1. Dull Colored Clothes (Please don’t wear Bright colored Clothes, TRY TO GET AS CAMOUFLAGED AS POSSIBLE)
2. Sanitary Kit
3. Dry Food (snacks)
4. Torch (Must)
5. Personal First Aid kit.
6. Cap, goggle, sunscreen, moisturizer etc..
7. Sport shoes or Kitos/ sandal
8. Electral powder / Glucon D
9. Binocular/Camera with lenses (Optional)
10. Water Bottle (1 liter must)
11. Odomos (Mosquito Repellent)
12. Tripod will be helpful to avoid shake as there will be low light
13. Umbrella or Poncho/Cap
14. Winter Jackets
Some Do’s :
* Carry clothes according to the season of the visit. Carry clothes that will help you camouflage with the surroundings.
* Always carry original identity proof.
* Carry a fragrance-free Sunscreen.
* Always keep your phone on silent or aeroplane mode when entering the forest.
* Cover your face with a scarf to protect it from dust.
* Also carry extra batteries, memory cards for camera and cover it to protect the camera from dust, rain etc.
* Always remain calm and composed when any sighting takes place. Remember patience is the only key.
* Your guide/mentor and locals know the area inside the forest better than anyone, so do co-operate with them.
* Do follow strict timings as given by your team leader to avoid delay in any activities as safaris are group events.
* Always respect your local guide/driver and their knowledge about the forest during a safari.
* For herping/monsoon wildlife tours, always carry wind-cheaters, proper clothing and shoes, water-proof bags. Also get rainproof covers for your cameras/binoculars etc.
Some Don’ts :
* Do not litter in forest and surrounding areas.
* Do not throw anything out of the vehicle.
* Do not yell, scream or wave at the animals.
* Do not wear brightly coloured clothes or apply any kind of perfumes or deodorants.
* Never feed any animals.
* Do not play any loud music in the vicinity of the forest area.
* No one is allowed to get down from the gypsy inside the forest.
* Do not argue with any person like forest guards, guides, locals or even travellers from another gypsy during the safari.
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh