Exploring the wildlife of a sacred grove !!
About Wildlife Photomania Trip for BEKF :
Indian Subcontinent is home to 12 species of Kingfisher, out of these 12 gems the Blue Eared Kingfisher is a forest kingfisher found near streams in dense vegetation. The beautiful kingfisher is a resident bird to Southern range of Western Ghats, Sri Lanka and North east. Just like its cousin ODK, Blue Eared Kingfisher also feeds on many species of small vertebrates, including forest skink, gecko’s, lizards, crabs, tadpoles and insects.
Our photography campsite is located in foothills of Western Ghats near Guhagar in Northern Range of Konkan belt. Our on-field experts will ensure that you get ample opportunities to capture this beauty in your cameras in 2 photography session specially dedicated to BEKF. Stay is provided in a cozy homestay located close to birding site and is equipped with good basis amenities like with clean washrooms, charging points and comfortable bedding. On this tour we will be serving simple Konkani style vegetarian food cooked with love by locals. Apart from BEKF, the photography site is also home to Birds like (Barbets, Black birds, India Pitta, Sunbirds, Owlets), so don’t miss any opportunity to make the most of this tour.
Pic Credit – Dr Sudhir Gaikwad Inamdar
Batch 01 : 17th-18th August 2019
Category : Wildlife
Type : Wildlife Photography Tour
Duration : 2 Days / 1 Night
Day 1 :
Start from Mumbai at 6 am and start our travel towards Guhagar. Reach our campsite Chiplun by 2 pm. Freshen up and enjoy homely delicious lunch. Post lunch photography session – Target species Blue Eared Kingfisher. Evening Tea, refreshments & night stay.
Day 2 :
Early morning post breakfast proceed for 2nd session of Blue Eared Kingfisher Photography. Post lunch proceed back towards Mumbai / your respective destination.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories 🙂
Tour Price : Rs.5,500/- per person + Taxes as applicable
For Lifetime Membership details (Rs.1000/- Only), Click Here
1. All veg homely cooked meals (i.e. 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner).
2. Accommodation on a triple sharing basis in standard No AC Room in Homestay in Abloli
3. Guide and expertise charges
1. Transportation from Mumbai to Guhagar & back.
2. Any Other Expense other than mentioned above.
3. Taxes as applicable.
1. If you want to travel from Mumbai, vehicle will be booked on basis of the group size and the costing will be shared amount all participants on at actual basis.
2. If you are driving your own car, you can provide car pool facility to other participants and share the cost amongst yourself.
3. Please note, this is NOT a luxury tour. All facilities are basic in terms of luxury and through out the tour our main focus remains on wildlife and photography.
4. Extra mattress on ground will be provided for third person (Not a separate bed).
CUSTOMIZE THIS TOUR :
If you wish to get this tour customized for yourself / your group on the dates apart from our batch dates, costing for customized tour will be Rs. 6500 per head for breakfast to breakfast package with accommodation and meals. Transport not included. Booking depends upon the availability of campsite and pre-booking is compulsory.
There are some recent amendments and updates regarding Wildlife Photomania Tour. Please note important points :
OVERNIGHT TRAVEL : Considering the request made by many travellers and photographers, we have decided to avoid risky overnight travel via NH17 and as per the new itinerary, we will be starting from Mumbai early in the morning and will reach Guhagar by late lunch time.There are some recent amendments and updates regarding Wildlife Photomania Tour. Please note important points :OVERNIGHT TRAVEL : Considering the request made by many travellers and photographers, we have decided to avoid risky overnight travel via NH17 and as per the new itinerary, we will be starting from Mumbai early in the morning and will reach Guhagar by lunch timeTRANSPORTATION : Vehicle will be booked on behalf of participants and the cost will be shared among the participants travelling ex-Mumbai
Innova : Cost for AC Innova car for 2 days will be approximately Rs. 10,000 including toll, tax and driver allowancesTempo Traveller : Cost for AC Tempo Traveller car for 2 days will be approximately Rs. 18,000 including toll, tax and driver allowances
Local transfers from Chiplun station : Rs. 500/- auto one way to campsite OR Rs. 900/- Eco car one way to campsiteBATCH SIZE : Every batch will have maximum 12 participants + 1 representative from Mumbai Travellers
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Poncho / Raincoat.
4. ID Cards Compulsory
Some Do’s :
* Carry clothes according to the season of the visit. Carry clothes that will help you camouflage with the surroundings.
* Always carry Original Identity Proof.
* Carry a fragrance-free Sunscreen.
* Always keep your phone on silent or airplane mode when entering forest.
* Cover your face with a scarf to protect it from dust.
* Also carry extra batteries, memory cards for cameras and cover it to protect the camera from dust,rain etc.
* Always remain calm and composed when any sighting takes place.
* Your guide/mentor and locals know the area inside the forest better than anyone, so do cooperate with them.
* Do follow strict timing as given by your team leader to avoid delay in any activities as safaris are group events.
* Always respect your local guide/driver and their knowledge about the forest during an safari.
* For herping/monsoon wildlife tous, always carry wind-cheaters, proper clothing and shoes, water-proof bags. Also get rain proof covers for your camers/binoculars etc.
* Do not litter in forest and surrounding areas
* Do not throw anything out of the gypsy.
* Don’t yell,scream or wave at the animals.
* Do not wear brightly coloured clothes or apply any kind of perfumes or deos
* Never feed any animals
* Do not play any loud music in vicinity of the forest area.
* No one is allowed to get down from the gypsy inside the forest.
* Do not argue with any person like forest guards, guides, locals or even travellers from another gypsy during the safari.
For registrations & more details –
✉ : firstname.lastname@example.org
☏ : 08692055777 / 08692086927 / 08692022777
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller