Kutch nai dekha toh kuch nai dekha !!
About the Rann of Kutch in Full Moon :
It’s time for the new backpacking journey. Mumbai Travellers is exploring the land of many wonders – The great Rann of Kutch. Its unique landscape and rich culture as well as the gifted artisans and colourful tribals that inhabit the area are enough win you over. Get ready to soak into the colors of Gujarati culture and heritage are the heart of Rann of Kutch in backpacking style.
It’s that time of the year when you can experience it all with the desert carnival of Gujarat, ‘The RannUtsav’. The pure salt marsh, captivating sunrise and sunset and the It is a cultural and artistic extravaganza which is annually organised by the Gujarat Tourism Department focusing to promote the cultural ethnicity and diversity of this region. The desert carnival celebrates art, craft, music, dance, nature and people of Kutch, one of the most ethnically and ecologically diverse districts of Gujarat.
Mumbai travellers is ready to witness some of India’s varied terrains serving as a backdrop,under full moon night with a perpetual breeze made comfortable by numerous bonfires the festival provides the perfect ambiance to sit back, relax and enjoy the various forms of traditional art and culture on offer.
Outing Date : 12th-15th January 2017
Type of Tour : Cultural + Backpacking Tour
Duration : 03 Nights / 04 Days
Day 01 : 12th January 2017
Arrival at Bhuj morning 10.30 and will move towards the Rann of Kutch. This is the most awaited full moon day. We will move towards the one of the village resort in Rann. It’s a small Hodka village near in the Kutch desert where we will stay in traditional village huts. We will start by exploring ran Utsav in small villages in the desert.
This day will dedicate to RannUtsav. We will spend the night witnessing the magnificent beauty of full moon on the backdrop of white sand of Rann.
Day 02 : 13th January 2017
Today, get ready to explore the Banni and Pachcham regions and the edge of the Great Rann of Kutch. Visit Dhordo village, Bhirandiyara village, Ludiya village and Khavda village. Later visit Kalo Dungar (Black Hill) and Dattatray Temple, which provides the view of the Great Rann & sunset. Return to the resort. Traditional dinner at the resort and a folk music performance around a bonfire Overnight stay at the Hodka Beach.
Day 3 : 14th January 2017
Today, proceed to the coastal town Mandvi. Visit Vijay Villas Palace – Summer retreat of the royal family. Enjoy balance day at the beach. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4 : 15th January 2017
After Breakfast will leave for bhuj sightseeing will seeing. Proceed to visit some of the interesting places around the city of Bhuj including the Aaina Mahal, Kutch Museum, Nutan Swaminarayan Mandir, Anjar (Jesal-Toral Samadhi) and Bhujodji (the craft Village) over the day. We will return to hotel by evening and overnight train journey.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories :D
Important Note : This is Guided Backpacking version of Trip . Our Itineraries are carefully put together by our backpacking experts aiming to cover & experience some lesser known must-see offbeat places in India in backpacking style. Our trips are the perfect way to rediscover and socialize yourself with like minded backpackers while you explore the unexplored places in India which are offbeat and general tourist often skip because of the obscure nature of these locales. After all, Columbus wouldn’t be Columbus if he’d stuck to taking the same journey again and again, right? Occasionally backpacking trips might !
This is Guided Backpacking version of Trip. Our Itineraries are carefully put together by our backpacking experts aiming to cover & experience some lesser known must-see offbeat places in India in backpacking style. Our trips are the perfect way to rediscover yourself and socialize yourself with like minded backpackers while you explore the unexplored places in India which are offbeat and general tourist often skip because of the obscure nature of these locales. After all, Columbus wouldn’t be Columbus if he’d stuck to taking the same journey again and again, right? Occasionally backpacking trips might be bit low on leisure but always high on experiences as you enjoy local street food, interact with locals , or sharing a dorm,hostel or home-stay with other fellow travelers at some breathtaking locations across India .
“Life is all about courage and going in to unknowns”
Tour Cost : Rs.16,000/- per person
For Lifetime Members : Rs.15,700/- per members
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
Note * The above tour cost is applicable including GST by 4.50%. The tour cost might increase at last minute if there is any changes made in tax structure by Government.
- Daily Breakfast.
- 1 Night accommodation in hotel and 2 night at village resort with all traditional meals
- All Intercity and Intra city transfers & Long distance sightseeing by private vehicle
- An experienced backpacking expert & a Friend who will help you take the hassle out of your travel .
- Lunch and dinner as we want you to try out local Cuisines & not restrict to particular restaurant, we have left that option to you. (Off course we have tons of secret food joint list would be happy to share with you.)
- Entry tickets & Guide fees (Some like museum some don’t so why pay us if you don’t).
- Train tickets (Mumbai – Bhuj – Mumbai) .
- Anything other than mentioned above.
*Free consultation and assistance from packing your backpack to choosing lens for your Camera (pre or post trip extended days)
For booking you need to deposit the advance amount of Rs.10,000/- per person in the following account:
Balance payment to be cleared 21 days prior to the tour.
NAME : GO TRAVELLISM PVT LTD
BANK : ICICI BANK
ACCOUNT : CURRENT AC
AC NO. 623805030086
BRANCH : MULUND (W)
IFSC CODE : ICIC0006238
Cancellation and Refund applicable on whole tour cost:
1. If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Gov approved Id proof Compulsory ( NO Pan Card)
2. A Backpack
3. A Day Backpack to hold camera and essential during sightseeing .
4. Jacket or Similar it do get pretty cold at times during nights.
5. Beachwear in case you decide to swim.
6. Torch (Must)
7. Personal Medicines If any
8. Cap, Shades, Sun-scream etc….
9. Sport shoes or Good quality Floaters
10. Camera (Optional)
11. Sanitary Kit
FAQ’s For Backpacking Trips
1. What’s the age range of the Group trip?
– We have travelers from all the groups of age. Since this is an offbeat backpacking travelling community, The majority of travelers are between the age group of 20-40 belonging from various professional sectors.
2. I am travelling solo for the first time . how can i expect my experience to be ?
– Most of our travelers here are solo . No one has a prior acquaintance with anybody other than on the community. It is going to be like the first day of school or college or office, excitement of meeting new people with the thrill of the trip. Do not expect anything less than an adventure. Absolutely, that’s the beauty of small group travel. You will make friends quickly and your Tour lead will become a good source of support to you along the way too!
3. Are single traveler mainly male or female?
Most of our trips split pretty evenly down gender lines. We average roughly 60:40 female-to-males, so you’ll never feel outnumbered.
4. How can i be sure i am safe ?
– We follow a set of safety rules to make your travel experience physically and mentally safe. Our team is well trained and equipped to handle any kind of situations. Also we send precaution note for most of our trips couple of days
5. What if i want room to myself ?
-The fun of travelling in groups is sharing of rooms. We recommend that you share the room with fellow travelers for better bonding and understanding. Somehow, if you wish to have a separate room anyway, that can be possible for additional amount depending upon the accommodation.
6. How much freedom do i have during a Backpacking trip ?
-Every trip has an well designed itinerary to make most out of the destination or event. Group travel are all about experiences . However If any point of time, you feel like exploring the things by yourself or would like to skip a day at stay back apart from set Itinerary, you have the freedom to do so yes only after consulting with tour Lead (Remember Traveler adhere the additional cost if any ;) ). Not everybody likes museums like no everyone enjoys shopping.
Essential Checklist :
Our number one piece of advice is: collect everything you think you need…
Almost everyone brings far too much stuff. We like to travel light. However, everyone has different wants and needs, so make sure you bring the stuff that makes you happy when travelling!
1. Should i bring Backpack or Suitcase ?
– Either is completely fine! Personally, we would recommend a backpack as it easier to carry around when going from trains to boats (and easier to lift above your head when standing knee-deep in water ;)).
2. Parents often worry about the safety of their progeny. This is completely understandable.
– It’s why a group tour is ideal for any first-time traveller… you are mostly in the company of other travellers, so are far less likely to get into trouble than if you were travelling solo. We try to ensure the safety of all our travellers, however we are also against the ‘babysitting’ approach of other tour companies. This means a healthy amount of individual space, with a base understanding that everyone is a self-sufficient, responsible adult.
3. What are accommodation like ?
– During the tour you will be staying in varied places (one being the night train! during travel). However, most nights you will be staying in twin or Triple rooms/Hostels/Havelis/Nature Camps etc.. with a fellow Travellers. Our accommodation are comfortable and safe and we strive to get you guys in the best locations – so some mornings you’ll be waking up on a lake, and others right on the beach!
4. How fit do I need to be?
– You don’t have to be an athlete to travel with us – all walks and activities are optional and there is something for everyone.
5. Do I need to bring a sleeping bag or mosquito net?
– You don’t need to bring a sleeping bag unless informed but a sleeping bag liner/ inner is advisable. You don’t need to bring a mosquito net but we do recommend getting bug repellent.
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh