Kutch nai dekha toh kuch nai dekha !!
About Rann of Kutch Tour :
As the year draws into its last quarter, get ready for an adventure of a lifetime in one of the world’s largest salt deserts: The Great Rann of Kutch! Mumbai Travellers proudly presents its annual trip to the famous Rann of Kutch Tour Festival 2019. Come and be a part of a truly adventurous and eclectic experience you will never forget.
The Rann Utsav Tour occurs annually, in winters, in the great salt desert within the state of Gujarat, close to the border. A vast marsh land, the Rann stretches over a mind-boggling expanse of 10,000 square kilometres. During the months of November to January, it turns into a carnival of colors and sensory delights for the avid traveller as the locals welcome you to experience their unique culture and hospitality.
Come and soak up authentic Gujarati culture through our Rann of Kutch tour packages and discover yet another side of incredibly beautiful and diverse India. The carnival is set up annually by the Gujarat Tourism Department with a vision to promote and preserve the cultural and ethnic diversity of the local tribes who inhabit the Rann of Kutch. Hundreds of luxury tents replete with modern amenities, colorful Kutchi bhungas (mud houses), rows and rows of food and handicraft stalls, cultural shows, local art works, camel rides, bonfire revelry and much more await you at the truly colorful festivities that make up the annual Rann Utsav Tour. What is not to be missed are the camel rides by moonlight which truly make the vast expanse of the desert appear like a bed of pearls underneath the midnight sky! Definitely an experience that you will treasure forever.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 8th-10th November 2019
Batch 02 : 13th-15th December 2019
Batch 03 : 10th-12th January 2020
Type of Tour : Cultural + Offbeat Tour
Duration : 02 Nights / 03 Days
1. Visiting White Rann Of Kutch around Full Moon Night* (Subjective Dates)
2. See the grandeur of the sunset at the beautiful Rann
3. Bhunga and a tent stay at Hodka Village
4. Exotic handcrafted Gujarati articles, leather articles, splendid silverware, intricate Kutchi embroidery, and beautifully crafted ornaments – either let them feast upon your wallet or allow your eyes to have a feast-full time.
5. Delicious Local food
6. Heritage of Bhuj Vijay Vilas Palace
Day 00 :
Overnight Journey in the train by KUTCH EXP./BDTS-BHUJ or overnight bus journey from Ahmedabad or Mumbai (One can choose their own mode of transport till Bhuj)
Day 01 :
Arrival at Bhuj morning by 8:30am, reach the pickup point (Bhuj Railway Station) and then, will move towards the Rann of Kutch. This is the most awaited day, wherein we see the beautiful landscape of white Rann. We will move towards the one of the village resorts in Rann. It’s in a Hodka village near the Kutch desert where we will stay in traditional village huts (Bhunga). We will start by exploring Rann Utsav in small villages in the desert. This day will be dedicated to Rann-Utsav. We will spend the night witnessing the magnificent beauty of moon on the backdrop of white sand of Rann. Overnight stay at the Hodka village.
Day 02 :
Today, get ready to explore the Banni and Pachcham regions and the edge of the Great Rann of Kutch. Visit Dhordo village, Bhirandiyara village, Ludiya village and Khavda village. Later visit Kalo Dungar (Black Hill) and Dattatray Temple, which provides the view of the Great Rann & sunset. After the mesmerizing sunset, return to the resort for traditional dinner and a folk music performance around the bonfire. Overnight stay at the Hodka Village.
Day 03 :
After Breakfast will leave for Bhuj sightseeing will seeing. Proceed to visit some of the interesting places around the city of Bhuj including the Aaina Mahal, Kutch Museum, Nutan Swaminarayan Mandir, Anjar (Jesal-Toral Samadhi) and Bhujodji (the craft Village) over the day. After few amazing days in Gujarat, it’s time to go back to your respective cities.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories 😀
Important Note: This is Guided Offbeat Trip. Our Itineraries are carefully put together by our experts aiming to cover & experience some lesser known must-see offbeat places in India. Our trips are the perfect way to rediscover and socialize yourself with like-minded travellers while you explore the unexplored places in India which are offbeat and general tourist often skip because of the obscure nature of these locales !!
Tour Price : Rs.16,000/- per person + Tax as applicable
Lifetime Membership Discount : Rs.300/- per member
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. Daily Breakfast & Dinner.
2. 02 Night accommodation in the Village resort at Hodka (Room on Triple sharing basis)
3. All Intercity and Intracity transfers & Long-distance sightseeing by private vehicle
4. An experienced expert & a Friend who will help you take the hassle out of your travel
1. Entry tickets & Guide fees
2. Train tickets or Bus Tickets (Mumbai Bhuj Mumbai).
3. Anything other than mentioned above
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
*Free consultation and assistance from packing your backpack to choosing a lens for your Camera (pre or post-trip extended days)
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Govt. approved Id proof Compulsory (No Pan Card)
2. A Backpack
3. A Day Backpack to hold the camera and essential during sightseeing.
4. Jacket or Similar it does get pretty cold at times during nights.
5. Torch (Must)
6. Personal Medicines If any
7. Cap, Shades, Sun-scream etc.
8. Sports shoes or Good quality Floaters
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Sanitary Kit
FAQs For Offbeat Trips
1. What’s the age range of the Group trip?
– We have travellers from all the groups of age. Since this is an offbeat travelling community, The majority of travellers are between the age group of 20-40 belonging from various professional sectors.
2. I am travelling solo for the first time. how can I expect my experience to be?
– Most of our travellers here are solo. No one has a prior acquaintance with anybody other than on the community. It is going to be like the first day of school or college or office, excitement of meeting new people with the thrill of the trip. Do not expect anything less than an adventure. Absolutely, that’s the beauty of small group travel. You will make friends quickly and your Tour lead will become a good source of support to you along the way too!
3. Is a single traveller mainly male or female?
Most of our trips split pretty evenly down gender lines. We average roughly 60:40 female-to-males, so you’ll never feel outnumbered.
4. How can I be sure I am safe?
– We follow a set of safety rules to make your travel experience physically and mentally safe. Our team is well trained and equipped to handle any kind of situations. Also, we send precaution note for most of our trips couple of days
5. What if I want the room for myself?
-The fun of travelling in groups is the sharing of rooms. We recommend that you share the room with fellow travellers for better bonding and understanding. Somehow, if you wish to have a separate room anyway, that can be possible for an additional amount depending upon the accommodation.
6. How much freedom do I have during trip?
-Every trip has a well-designed itinerary to make most out of the destination or event. Group travel is all about experiences. However If any point of time, you feel like exploring the things by yourself or would like to skip a day at staying back apart from set Itinerary, you have the freedom to do so yes only after consulting with tour Lead (Remember Traveler adhere the additional cost if any 😉 ). Not everybody likes museums like no everyone enjoys shopping.
Essential Checklist :
Our number one piece of advice is: collect everything you think you need
Almost everyone brings far too much stuff. We like to travel light. However, everyone has different wants and needs, so make sure you bring the stuff that makes you happy when travelling!
1. Should I bring Backpack or Suitcase?
– Either is completely fine! Personally, we would recommend a backpack as it easier to carry around when going from trains to boats (and easier to lift above your head when standing knee-deep in water ;)).
2. Parents often worry about the safety of their progeny? This is completely understandable.
– Its why a group tour is ideal for any first-time traveller you are mostly in the company of other travellers, so are far less likely to get into trouble than if you were travelling solo. We try to ensure the safety of all our travellers, howeve, we are also against the babysitting approach of other tour companies. This means a healthy amount of individual space, with a base understanding that everyone is a self-sufficient, responsible adult.
3. What is the accommodation like?
– During the tour, you will be staying in varied places (one being the night train! during travel). However, most nights you will be staying in twin or Triple rooms/Hostels/Havelis/Nature Camps etc.. with fellow Travellers. Our accommodation is comfortable and safe and we strive to get you guys in the best locations so some mornings you’ll be waking up on a lake, and others right on the beach!
4. How fit do I need to be?
– You don’t have to be an athlete to travel with us all walks and activities are optional and there is something for everyone.
5. Do I need to bring a sleeping bag or a mosquito net?
– You don’t need to bring a sleeping bag unless informed but a sleeping bag liner/ inner is advisable. You don’t need to bring a mosquito net but we do recommend getting bug repellent.
unique journeys … unique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller