A Trek to Enchanting Rajmachi !!
About Rajmachi Fort Trek :
Rajmachi is one of the famous trek destination in Sahyadri mountains and one of the favorite destination for every trekker and beginners. Fort stands at a height of 2750 feet overlooking the Bhorghat Pass (a major old trade route during Maratha empire). This fort built by Shivaji in 17th century. You can spend lots time over the fort by exploring twin forts “Manaranjan” & “Shrivardhan”. Visit Bhairavnath Temple, Mahadev Temple & Rajmachi lake. There are 2 routes to reach Rajmachi, first from Lonavala and other being Karjat route.
We are going to cover both the routes, from Lonavala partly by jeep and then walk upto Udhewadi which is approximately 6 kms. Next day we shall descend through Karjat route and visit “Kondhane Caves” en-route to Kondivade village.
Outing Date : TBA
Category : Trekking
Duration : 01 Night / 02 Days
Level : Easy
Day 01 :
Catch early morning train Indrayani Express. Meet our leader at Lonavala station have breakfast at station. Start jeep ride till ‘Y’ fork junction Udhewadi and Valvand village. From here trek to Rajmachi village. Enroute lunch. Visit Shrivardhan & Manaranjan fort. Have tea at base village and visit temples and lake in the vicinity.
Evening activities like thought sharing, singing followed by dinner. Then time for a good sleep.
Day 02 :
Post breakfast start descending towards Karjat it will take 3 hrs to reach base village Kondivade en route visit “Kondhana Caves”. Have lunch at Kondivade village and then tumtum will drop us at Karjat station.
Tour concludes with fun-loving Memories :D
Tour Price : Rs.1,400/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.1,350/- per member+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only) , click here
1. Transportation from Rajmachi to Lonavala
2. Kondiwade to Karjat by public transportation
3. All veg meals on tour (2 Breakfast, 1 Dinner, 1 Lunch)
4. Accommodation on dormitory sharing basis
5. Expertise and Guide Charges
1. Lunch on Saturday
2. Tax as applicable
3. Anything other then mentioned above
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Lunch / Dinner as per schedule.
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes – Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication / First Aid kit
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
7. Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. (as per season)
8. Proper Backpack to carry all these things (No handbags, duffle bag or jholas)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Rainwear (Jacket / Ponchos ) or Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters) – (as per season).
11. Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon and plate (if necessary)
12. Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
13. Sleeping bag / mat / bedsheet (as per schedule)
14. Slippers (optional – at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).
1. Alcohol and smoking is strictly disallowed on treks. If found, trekking under influence of drugs or drinks you’ll be barred from the trek. And our responsibility ceases with you.
2. Littering is strictly not allowed on treks. Do not leave empty plastic bottles, biscuit or chocolate wrappers behind. We have to carry our own garbage/leftovers back to the city.
3. Wear proper loose fitting clothes no jeans pants allowed. Try and wear full sleeve top and long bottoms or pants. Will spare you from mosquitoes, insect bites or thorny bushes (your choice).
4. Talk to the native villagers gently and give respect to them. Cause we are their guests.
5. Do not carry lots of cash, gold or any valuables. We are not responsible for the loss.
For Registrations mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh