Explore the “Paradise of Herps” in Maharashtra !!
About the Herpetofauna Tour to Amboli :
Amboli lies in the Sahyadri hills of Western India, one of the world’s “Eco Hot-Spots” and it therefore abounds in a variety of fairly unique flora and fauna. Its a paradise for Amphibian and Reptiles lover. One can find many types of amphibian and reptiles in this dense forest of Amboli. You may have heard experts saying that “Forest gets Alive at night.” Its time to come and feel it in Amboli during exclusive “Night Trails”. Here a Checklist of popular the Reptiles and Amphibians of Amboli.
Reptiles : Malabar Pit Viper, Green Vine Snake, Olive Forest Snake, Beddome’s Keelback, Banded Racer, Shieldtails, White-banded Gecko, Bombay Leaf-toed Gecko.
Amphibians : Malabar Gliding Frog, Bombay Typewriter Frog, Amboli Bush Frog, Wrinkled Frog, Tiger Toad (Endemic to Amboli and Critically Endangered), Beddome’s Leaping Frog, Cricket Frogs, Fungoid Frog and Caecilians.
Outing Dates : 27th-29th July 2018
Category : Wildlife Expedition and Photography Trip
Duration : 02 Nights / 03 Days
Day 1 : Arrival time at Hotel would be 11.30 am. Post Lunch we will proceed to explore the dense forest of Amboli, where each and every creature speaks about the beauty of this rich western ghats. Life in such vibrant colors is a treat to watch at Amboli. Very good for Photography as you get green background with vibrant colors of Subject. In evening we will have a small guidance session of Macro photography with our expert. We will have a delicious dinner at night and Post Dinner we will leave for night trail.
Day 2 : Early morning After breakfast we will leave for Parikshit Point. Here we will be providing hand on hand training for Macro Photography. We will return back by lunch. Post lunch we will give some rest to our tiring legs. Evening session again we will have some discussion and analysis on taken photographs. Post dinner we will leave for the last night trail in the forest. Please note this time you need not miss the opportunity to click the best pics after some good sessions by Expert on photography.
Day 3 : Early Morning we will leave for a jungle trail by 5:30 am. We will be back for breakfast at Hotel. Post breakfast, check out and leave for your respective destination.
Tour Price: Rs.8,500/- per person + 5% GST as applicable
For Lifetime Members: Rs.8,200/- per member + 5% GST as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only) , click here
1. Two exclusive Night Trails in Amboli Forest.
2. On Field Macro Photography Tips.
3. Sessions on Herpertology.
4. All meals Included. (Veg + Non-Veg both)
5. 2 Nights / 3 Days accommodation in Resort with AC rooms on triple sharing
6. Herpetologist for the group.
*Note-Twin sharing accommodation available on extra cost.
1. Transport till Amboli.
2. Any extra meals.
3. Taxes as applicable.
4. Anything other than mentioned above.
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Poncho / Raincoat.
4. Leech Socks / Knee length socks
6. ID Cards Compulsory
7. Macro Lens (If you are a photographer)
8. External Flash (Optional)
Some Do’s :
* Carry clothes according to the season of the visit. Carry clothes that will help you camouflage with the surroundings.
* Always carry Original Identity Proof.
* Carry a frangrance-free Sunscreen.
* Always keep your phone on silent or airplane mode when entering forest.
* Cover your face with a scarf to protect it from dust.
* Also carry extra batteries, memory cards for cameras and cover it to protect the camera from dust,rain etc.
* Always remain calm and composed when any sighting takes place.
* Your guide/mentor and locals know the area inside the forest better than anyone, so do cooperate with them.
* Do follow strict timing as given by your team leader to avoid delay in any activities as safaris are group events.
* Always respect your local guide/driver and their knowledge about the forest during an safari.
* For herping/monsoon wildlife tous, always carry wind-cheaters, proper clothing and shoes, water-proof bags. Also get rain proof covers for your camers/binoculars etc.
* Do not litter in forest and surrounding areas
* Do not throw anything out of the gypsy.
* Don’t yell,scream or wave at the animals.
* Do not wear brightly coloured clothes or apply any kind of perfumes or deos
* Never feed any animals
* Do not play any loud music in vicinity of the forest area.
* No one is allowed to get down from the gypsy inside the forest.
* Do not argue with any person like forest guards, guides, locals or even travellers from another gypsy during the safari.
For Registrations mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
OR Call us at 08692086927 / 08692055777 / 08692022777
unique journeys…unique people…
8692022777 / 8692033777
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh