Velas- Where the Life Begins!! Get Ready to Witness the Wonderful Life Of Turtles now…
About Trip to Velas Turtle Festival 2020 :
Velas is a small eco-village in Ratnagiri district which is famous for Olive Ridley turtles that visit the Velas beach every year to lay eggs. At Velas, turtle conservation movement is undertaken by the villagers. An NGO named Sahyadri Nisarga Mitra started the conservation and now the Gram panchayat and villagers’ committee has taken over the responsibility to conserve Olive Ridley Turtles by providing protection to their eggs. Every year, the tiny village of Velas, in Maharashtra, bears witness to a truly heart-warming sight, as thousands of newly hatched Olive Ridley turtles take their first steps towards the big blue sea. You can be a spectator of this marvelous scene by going on a trip to Velas turtle festival. Mumbai Travellers welcomes all the nature lovers for this year’s Velas turtle festival tour, as we take you on a truly unforgettable journey where you will witness these exquisite creatures taking tiny footsteps in the vast, white sands of the Konkan.
Velas (Velas beach) is not only home to turtles but also to a myriad of bird species including the White Bellied Sea Eagle, White Backed Vulture, and Indian Swiftlet. Accommodation in a local home-stay will truly add a warm touch to the experience. Much is in store on this Velas turtle festival tour, apart from turtle sightings. You can go on a village walk, go to the historic Bankot Fort and Harihareshwar temple and also satiate your taste buds by some truly authentic Konkani cuisine.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 14th-15th March 2020
Batch 02 : 28th-29th March 2020
Category : Eco-Tour
Duration : 01 Nights / 02 Days
1) Sighting Olive Ridley Turtles at Velas beach.
2) Witness these turtles taking their first baby steps towards the sea.
3) Stay provided in a beautiful Konkani home stay.
3) Visit to historical Bankot Fort and Harihareshwar Temple.
4) Enjoy delicious and authentic Konkani cuisine at the home stay.
5) A walk-through village at night and many other fun activities on the beach.
Day 00 – Friday :
Depart from Mumbai by 10:30 p.m by AC Vehicle.
Day 01 – Saturday
We reach Velas eco-village by 06:00 am after a bumpy yet fun ride. Then, we visit Velas beach to witness the tiny turtles taking their first steps. Post sightings, a briefing session would be taken to educate about Olive Ridley Turtles and how they fight for their existence. After that, we move towards our home-stay. You can freshen up and unload your bag-packs. Later, we will have delicious home-made breakfast along with introduction session. After filling our stomachs, we proceed for a visit to Bankot Fort, which is known for its history and breathtaking views of Velas beach and Harihareshwar. After that, we head back to our dwelling for a typical Konkani lunch. Post lunch, you can rest till evening. In evening, we visit Velas beach again to sight more Olive Ridley Turtles. Rest of the evening will be dedicated to a documentary, based on the journey of turtles. You can spend the night by enjoying group games, sharing stories and experiences, etc. while having your dinner and then can retire to bed.
Day 02 – Sunday
Wake up early morning with hope of sighting those baby turtles again. Post sighting session, we will have breakfast and leave for Harihareshwar. This is the time when you will experience one of the most interesting moments of the Velas turtle festival tour, where our bus will be transferred from one district to another in a jetty via sea route. We will explore Harihareshwar Temple and beach and will have yummy lunch. After this amazing time, we leave for Mumbai and will reach the city around 9-10 pm.
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories 🙂
Tour Price : Rs.2,400/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.2,200/- per member+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. Accommodation in a typical Konkani bungalow rooms on sharing basis. (Velas is an eco-tourism village and hotel accommodation is not available)
2. Typical Konkani Veg Meals on tour ( 2 Breakfast, 1 Dinner & 1 Lunch)
3. Sightseeing and entry tickets, wherever necessary.
4. Ferryboat Charges & entry tickets.
5. Mumbai Travellers’ Expertise
1. Tax as applicable
2. Transportation from Mumbai to Mumbai by AC Vehicle.
3. Lunch on Day 2
4. Bottled water, aerated drinks
5. Lens/Camera charges if any
6. Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
Cancellation & Refund Policy applicable on Tour :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 7 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 7 days.
1. The tour dates have been planned after precise calculation of probable hatching dates and as per the information provided by volunteers and researchers at Velas however turtle sighting is a natural phenomenon and is matter of luck.
2. Considering safety and security measure, it is strictly not permitted to swim at Velas beach.
3. Moreover, we expect our travellers to take this a complete ecotourism experience, enjoy & explore every bit of the tour and think beyond “just sightings”. There is a lot to enjoy in this short tour so Let’s be travellers, not Tourists 🙂
4. As it is totally eco-destination, we provide accommodation in Konkani bungalow on sharing basis. Food is hygienic and prepared in authentic spices by Konkani Brahmin hosts at Velas village, Ratnagiri.
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Proof (Pan card/Driving License)
1. Extra Pair of Clothes
2. Dry Food / Snacks and Water Bottle
3. Personal First Aid Kit
4. Sanitary Kit
5. Cap, Glares, Sunscreen, moisturizers etc.
6. Torch with extra batteries
7. Sturdy Shoes or Kito
8. Rucksack to carry things
9. Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
10. Clothing as per season
11. Electral Powder / Glucon D / Tang / Energy Bar etc.
For More FAQs, please visit this link : https://www.mumbaitravellers.in/faq/
unique journeys … unique people
Facebook Group :https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page :https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers