Velas- Where the Life Begins !!
Get Ready to Witness the Wonderful Life Of Turtles now..
About the Tour :
Velas is a small village in Ratnagiri district which is famous for the Olive Ridley turtle population that visits the Velas beach every year and lays their eggs.At Velas, turtle conservation movement is undertaken by the villagers. An NGO named Sahyadri Nisargmitra and the villagers committee has taken the initiative to conserve olive ridley turtles by providing protection to their eggs.Witnessing a baby turtle coming out of the egg and then finding its way to the sea by those baby steps is an unforgettable moment. Join in Mumbai Travellers for this unforgettable journey.
Photo Credit : Mr.Saurabh Thakekar (Co-Founder of Mumbai Travellers)
VELAS TURTLE FESTIVAL 2017 BATCH DATES : TBA
Category : Off-Beat tour
Duration : 2 Days / 2 Nights
Late night (10 pm ) departure from Dadar towards Velas on Friday night.
Day 1 :
We will be reaching Velas eco-village by 06:00 am in the morning as the roads are not in good condition. After reaching, we will be moving towards beach to see those tiny babies taking their first step towards life. Post sightings you will be briefed about these Olive Ridley Turtles and their fight for their existence. Later we will move towards the homely breakfast at Velas village. Freshen up time will be allotted to everyone after which we will be visiting Bankot fort for a lovely view of Velas beach and Harihareshwar temple. After Fort visit we will return back for typical Konkani lunch at Velas. Post lunch let your eyes take rest till evening, as evening will be spent at the beautiful beach of velas, looking for more sightings of hatchlings.
The night session will be dedicated to the documentary based on the Journey of these Turtles, after which we will be enjoying the best part of the trip, group games and lots of masti with stories to be revealed and experiences to be shared. Dinner and rest.
Day 02 :
Early morning wake up with a hope of sighting those baby turtles once again. Post sighting session we will have breakfast and leave for Harihareshwar. So once again an interesting part of the trip, where our bus will be transferred from one district to another in a jetty via sea route and saves on travelling time. Harihareshwar is one of the famous temples of Lord Shiva, those not willing to visit temples can take a small parikrama of the mountain which gives you a beautiful view of ocean, if lucky you can also get to see dolphins. Later we will have lunch in a nearby hotel and leave for Mumbai with great memories to cherish.
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories :)
Tour Cost: TBA
For Lifetime Members : TBA
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only) , click here
1. Accommodation in a typical Konkani house on homestay basis. (Velas is an eco-tourism village and separate rooms / hotel accommodation is not available)
2. Transportation from Mumbai to Mumbai by non-A/c luxury Bus.
3. All Veg Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
4. Sightseeing as per the schedule
5. Expertise & Guide Charges
6. Ferryboat charges
7. All entry tickets and permissions
1. Anything other than mentioned above
For booking you need to deposit full amount in the following Account:
NAME: MUMBAI TRAVELLERS
ACCOUNT: CURRENT AC
BRANCH: MULUND WEST
IFSC CODE ICIC0006238
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the whole tour cost :
1. If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.
1. Velas beach is very risky for swimming. It is strictly not allowed to enter into beach water considering the safety and security.
2. Turtle Sighting is a natural phenomena and is a matter of luck. The tour dates have been planned after precise calculation of probable hatching dates and as per the information provided by volunteers and researchers at Velas however nobody can GUARANTEE baby turtle sighting.
3. Moreover, we expect our travellers to take this a complete ecotourism experience, enjoy & explore every bit of the tour and think beyond “just sightings”. There is a lot to enjoy in this short tour so Let’s be travellers, not Tourists :-)
THINGS TO CARRY
ID proof Compulsory
1.Extra Pair of Clothes and Winter wear (As being winter season their are chances of Cold weather)
2. Dry Food (snacks)
3. Personal first aid kit
4. Cap, goggle, Sunscreen, etc.
5. Sturdy Sport shoes OR Kitos
6. Electral powder / Glucon D
7. Camera (Optional)
8. Water Bottle (2 Litre) Must
9. Sanitary Kit
10. Torch (Must)
11. Rugsack to carry all this thing.
For More FAQs, please visit this link : https://www.mumbaitravellers.in/faq/
For Registrations mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
OR Call us at +91 8692086927 / +91 8692055777
unique journeys…unique people…
8692022777 / 8692033777
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh