Explore the Culture of Kumaon Empire !!
About Kumaon Backpacking Trip :
Mukteshwar : Mountain Madness : On the altitude of 7290 ft, Mukteshwar lies right in the centre of Himalaya making it the backbone of Townlet of Mountains. It offers some really spectacular views of prestigious snow clad peaks of Himalayas like Nandadevi, Trishul and Panchchuli and many more. Not only inspiring snow clad mountains but also 360 degree view of breath-taking view of endless valleys all around bounded with apple and other fruit trees. The lush green countryside with hamlet on other make it one of the best locations in the hills to experience the nature in outdoor.
Daankudi Valley of the sun : It is a traditional stone which is used by locals defining it as the highest dwelling in valley. Gali Baseda, is a small village in the Goluchin region; 12 kms of Ranikhet Town. A small stream slitting those wide valleys and confluence it at Kosi river at 15 kms downstream. You can try your hands on mountain bikes, explore short and long treks and summit to hidden architectural marvel near the Sun Temple in the Valley. This is the only Sun Temple in the center of the Valley located in Himalayas.
Outing Date : 21st-27th May 2017
Category : Backpacking India
Duration : 7 Nights / 8 Days
Day 1 : Arrival at Kathgodam
Morning arrival at Kathgodam. Pick up for you is arranged we are heading to Mukteshwar (02 -03 hours) Check in to the tents and have breakfast. Time to enjoy apple orchard in the campsite. Intro & briefing session. Get your bags packed to explore the Mukteshwar ridge. A day well spent in the serene forest covered with apple and peach orchards. Explore the beauty and get connected with locals and explore the lifestyle of Mukteshwar. Have local meal and rest. Proceed back to our campsite by sunset. Enjoy basketball and outdoor games at campsite. Gather around campfire in the cold climate of Mukteshwar. Fun and games around bonfire.
Day 2 :
Early morning hike to the meadows to watch the sunrise over the Himalayan snow peaks. Have enroute breakfast. Trail to the cliff of Chauli Ki Jaali. Do try the rock climbing and rappelling of various grades. Back to Campsite and have lunch.
Post lunch, its time for real backpacking . The day continues with Trek to “Paidal to Quedal”. The trek is on a ridge in the south east of Mukteshwar through the villages, forests and streams of the Raata-Quedal area. Continue the Downhill trek to waterfall. Reach a deep hidden valley with a small waterfall at its base and Natural waterslide and a splash in the pool. By the time climate drops, Collect firewood to make a small fire, pitch our own tents and make our campsite ready. Cook our own dinner in the forest and enjoy the camping in the woods.
Day 3 :
Continue the trek is on a ridge in the south east of Mukteshwar through the most serene and breath-taking route to Raata-Quedal area.The Riverside trek, partly uphill and through the Raatta village (rustic village) at the start of the day gives you an immense view of the crystal clear mountain stream flowing through the hills. Evening, set up the riverside camp. Stretch out on one of the smooth boulders beside the river with your feet in the cold water and relax in the lap of Kumaon away from the hustle and bustle of the tedious city life.
Day 4 : The final day of Quedal Trek!
More 06 kms to go and you reach to Quedal Village. the last frontier makes it a bit challenging for the summit. Enroute we visit a series of pristine pools. Gear up the life jackets and hop in icy water. Lunch at the village. Steep hike upto the roadhead at Quedal. Load your bags in the jeeps and starts the offroading till Ranikhet. Check in at Daankudi by sunset.
Settle down and a short hike through the “valley of the sun” –to the Siddheshwar temple, the ancient dev kund (circular stone pool for locals deities) in the forest to reach the centre of the great valley bowl where the ruins of sun temple are located. Watch as the last rays of the sun touch the temple before setting over the hills. Evening walk back to camp. Bonfire followed by Dinner. Rest for the day !
Day 5 : Live like a Kumaoni !
Post breakfast, start trailing through the valley and reach village. Connect with locals and join in for tradiitional activities like ‘okhal’ and, “chakki “– manual grain crushers – flour makers etc. Why not to feed farm animals. Have Kumaoni food. Visit village ironsmith. Try Making / repair household tools like sickle, spade, cooking pot etc over the furnace. Time for acoustic Musical evening and get along with Kumaoni songs, dances, cuisine, traditional hill songs and instruments, drums, harmonium. Dinner at the dining hut overlooking the valley.
Day 6 :
Day starts with a bird trail near the campsite. Drive to the Katarmal temple complex (13th century).
Great day for architectural and landscape photography. Enjoy a picnic Lunch at the temple complex.
Riverside trekking along Kosi. Set up camp in the evening. Try fishing – swimming in the river. Collect firewood and prepare food over the campfire. Overnight on the riverside beach.
Day 7 : Last day at Kumaon !
Early morning pack up the camp. Fold tents, clean up campsite. Post breakfast. Proceed for 02 and half hours Drive to Saat-tal. Reach the lakes. Freshen up with a swim in Garuda tal. Enjoy Lunch by the lakeside.Walk to the main lakes for still water Kayaking. Interested participants can hike through the forest to the Subhash Dhara waterfall for a splash. Evening tea by the lakeside garden in the forest. Enjoy the Drive to Kathgodam to board overnight train to Delhi.
Next Day : Your memorable Backpacking tour ends here.! Depart from Kathgodam to Mumbai.
This is Guided Backpacking version of Trip. Our Itineraries are carefully put together by our backpacking experts aiming to cover & experience some lesser known must-see offbeat places in India in backpacking style. Our trips are the perfect way to rediscover yourself and socialize yourself with like minded backpackers while you explore the unexplored places in India which are offbeat and general tourist often skip because of the obscure nature of these locales. After all, Columbus wouldn’t be Columbus if he’d stuck to taking the same journey again and again, right? Occasionally backpacking trips might be bit low on leisure but always high on experiences as you enjoy local street food, interact with locals, or sharing a dorm,hostel or home-stay with other fellow travelers at some breathtaking locations across India .
“Life is all about courage and going in to unknowns”
Seems like the kind of trip you’ve been waiting to take? Save the date!
Tour Price : Rs.22,000/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.21,700/- per members+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
– This is Backpacking version of trip – Sometimes low on Leisure and But always High on experiences.
Visits, Activities and their order are subject to change for backpacking trip based on the discretion of Mumbai Travellers.
– Trip involves small treks and camping in cold weather
1. Daily Breakfast, Lunch and dinner (We want you to try out local Cuisines & not restrict to particular restaurant, cafe)
2. 07 Nights accommodation in Home-stays or Tents or Hotel or similar – Double or Triple sharing
3. All Transfers between Kathgodam to Kathgodam
4. An experienced backpacking expert & a Friend who will help you take the hassle out of your travel .
5. Camera Charges
1. Airfare / Trainfare for Mumbai – Kathgodam-Mumbai
2. Personal Expenses
3. Guide and & Entry fees
4. Anything other than mentioned Above.
*Free consultation and assistance from packing your backpack to choosing lens for your Camera (pre or post trip extended days)
You need to deposit an advance amount of Rs.10,000/- per person (non-refundable) in the following account:
Balance Payment to be cleared 21 days prior to the Trip
NAME : GO TRAVELLISM PVT LTD
BANK : ICICI BANK
ACCOUNT : CURRENT AC
AC NO. 623805030086
BRANCH : MULUND (W)
IFSC CODE : ICIC0006238
Cancellation and Refund applicable on whole tour cost :
1. If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Gov approved Id proof Compulsory ( NO Pan Card)
2. A small Backpack (Avoid Suitcases)
3. A Day Bag to hold camera and essential during sightseeing .
4. Beachwear in case you decide to swim or enjoy water sports.
5. Torch (Must)
6. Personal Medicines If any
7. Cap, Shades, Sun-screen etc….
8. Sport shoes or Good quality Floaters
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Sanitary Kit
11. Mosquito Repellent
FAQ’s For Backpacking Trips
1. What’s the age range of the Group trip?
– We have travelers from all the groups of age. Since this is an offbeat backpacking travelling community, The majority of travelers are between the age group of 20-40 belonging from various professional sectors.
2. I am travelling solo for the first time . how can i expect my experience to be ?
– Most of our travelers here are solo . No one has a prior acquaintance with anybody other than on the community. It is going to be like the first day of school or college or office, excitement of meeting new people with the thrill of the trip. Do not expect anything less than an adventure. Absolutely, that’s the beauty of small group travel. You will make friends quickly and your Tour lead will become a good source of support to you along the way too!
3. Are single traveler mainly male or female?
Most of our trips split pretty evenly down gender lines. We average roughly 60:40 female-to-males, so you’ll never feel outnumbered.
4. How can i be sure i am safe ?
– We follow a set of safety rules to make your travel experience physically and mentally safe. Our team is well trained and equipped to handle any kind of situations. Also we send precaution note for most of our trips couple of days
5. What if i want room to myself ?
The fun of travelling in groups is sharing of rooms. We recommend that you share the room with fellow travelers for better bonding and understanding. Somehow, if you wish to have a separate room anyway, that can be possible for additional amount depending upon the accommodation.
6. How much freedom do i have during a Backpacking trip ?
Every trip has an well designed itinerary to make most out of the destination or event. Group travel are all about experiences . However If any point of time, you feel like exploring the things by yourself or would like to skip a day at stay back apart from set Itinerary, you have the freedom to do so yes only after consulting with tour Lead (Remember Traveler adhere the additional cost if any 😉 ). Not everybody likes museums like no everyone enjoys shopping.
Essential Checklist :
Our number one piece of advice is: collect everything you think you need…
Almost everyone brings far too much stuff. We like to travel light. However, everyone has different wants and needs, so make sure you bring the stuff that makes you happy when travelling!
1. Should i bring Backpack or Suitcase ?
– Either is completely fine! Personally, we would recommend a backpack as it easier to carry around when going from trains to boats (and easier to lift above your head when standing knee-deep in water ;)).
2. Parents often worry about the safety of their progeny. This is completely understandable.
– It’s why a group tour is ideal for any first-time traveller… you are mostly in the company of other travellers, so are far less likely to get into trouble than if you were travelling solo. We try to ensure the safety of all our travellers, however we are also against the ‘babysitting’ approach of other tour companies. This means a healthy amount of individual space, with a base understanding that everyone is a self-sufficient, responsible adult.
3. What are accommodation like ?
During the tour you will be staying in varied places (one being the night train! during travel). However, most nights you will be staying in twin or Triple rooms/Hostels/Havelis/Nature Camps etc.. with a fellow Travellers. Our accommodation are comfortable and safe and we strive to get you guys in the best locations – so some mornings you’ll be waking up on a lake, and others right on the beach!
4. How fit do I need to be?
You don’t have to be an athlete to travel with us – all walks and activities are optional and there is something for everyone.
5. Do I need to bring a sleeping bag or mosquito net?
You don’t need to bring a sleeping bag unless informed but a sleeping bag liner/ inner is advisable. You don’t need to bring a mosquito net but we do recommend getting bug repellent
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh