About the Trek :
Korigad : Located in Pune District and is about 20 Kms away from Lonavala. One has to climb around 510 steps from Peth-Shahpur route. We can reach the top within 45-50 minutes from the base near Bhairavnath Temple. After entering through Ganesh Darwaja we can view some remnants of old buildings. There’s a temple dedicated to the patron Goddess, Korai Devi. The idol of Korai Devi is around 4 feet tall. There’s a “Deepmala” in fort of the Temple. Out of the 6 cannons, the biggest cannon named “Laxmi” is near the temple. One can see two ponds and two caves on the fort. From the fort one can view Tung, Tikona, Karnala, Prabalgad and Manikgad range.
Ghangad : A relatively small fort located along the old trade route Pali-Sarasgad-Sawashni Ghat-Ghangad-Tail Baila-Korigad. This fort was primarily to protect the goods brought via Kokan sea route to Deccan Plateau. On the fort there’s a temple dedicated Goddess Garjai. During Peshwe rule Ghangad was turned into a prison, housing political prisoners as well as social criminals. One can easily reach the top within 1 hour. Sarasgad, Sudhagad, Tail-Baila and Mulshi backwaters can be viewed from the top.
Batch 01 : TBA
Category : Trek
Level : Easy-Medium
Duration : 01 Night / 02 Day
Day 1 : Meet near Pritam Hotel, Dadar (E) @ 7:00 am and move towards Lonavala by private bus. Have Breakfast enroute and reach Korigad fort. Start trekking and reach top in 1 hour. Explore fort and get back to base and have lunch and rest for some time. Then start our journey through beautiful terrian of Tamhini Ghat towards “Ghangad”.
Reach there till evening have refreshments at base village. Later start our trek to caves of Ghangad. Have dinner at top and spend night at caves.
Day 2 : Wake up and watch beautiful sunrise from top. Later have morning breakfast and move to base village.
And start return journey back to Mumbai.
Tour concludes with fun-loving memories 🙂
Tour Price : Rs.1,500/- per person+ Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Member : Rs.1,450/- per member+ Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only) , click here
- Transportation from Mumbai to Lonavala & return
- Breakfast and refreshment
- Lunch for the day
- Expertise Charges
1. Tax as applicable
2. Any Transfer till Lonavala Station
3. Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Lunch / Dinner as per schedule.
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes – Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication / First Aid kit
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
7. Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. (as per season)
8. Proper Backpack to carry all these things (No handbags, duffle bag or jholas)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Rainwear (Jacket / Ponchos ) or Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters) – (as per season).
11. Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon and plate (if necessary)
12. Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
13. Sleeping bag / mat / bedsheet (as per schedule)
14. Slippers (optional – at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).
1. Alcohol and smoking is strictly disallowed on treks. If found, trekking under influence of drugs or drinks you’ll be barred from the trek. And our responsibility ceases with you.
2. Littering is strictly not allowed on treks. Do not leave empty plastic bottles, biscuit or chocolate wrappers behind. We have to carry our own garbage/leftovers back to the city.
3. Wear proper loose fitting clothes no jeans pants allowed. Try and wear full sleeve top and long bottoms or pants. Will spare you from mosquitoes, insect bites or thorny bushes (your choice).
4. Talk to the native villagers gently and give respect to them. Cause we are their guests.
5. Do not carry lots of cash, gold or any valuables. We are not responsible for the loss.
For More Details, Mail Us – email@example.com Or Call us – 08692055777 / 08692086927
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh