About the Tippeshwar Wildlife Sanctuary :
Named after the Lord Tippeshwar for its temple inside the park, Tipeshwar Wildlife Sanctuary is a protected tiger habitat in Yavatmal District of Maharastra, situated close enough from Nagpur, Wardha, Chandrapur and Yavatmal. As one enters the forest of Tipeshwar, the eyes meet with kilometers of raw beauty. The rugged terrain won’t be one of most beautiful of the forests found in India but as you explore deeper and deeper slowly the untouched beauty will leave you mesmerized. A small area of approximately 150 sq.kilometers is a home to about 12 tigers. One will often find these beauties near water bodies relaxing and cooling off as the summer heat reaches its peak. One of the best places for tiger photography currently, It is slowly making its mark on the Wildlife Map of India as Tipeshwar National Park and Tiger Reserve.
No wonder because of the outstanding tiger sighting in summer 2016 Tipeshwar got popular in very short span of time however, it has much more than tigers to offer. It is like a small forest island now with human settlements all out its periphery but plenty of biodiversity aggregated in the Tipeshwar landscape. It shelters mammals like leopards, sloth bears, jackals, Wild dogs, Nilgai, Spotted deers and Sambar deers and some exquisite birds like Crested serpent eagles, Brown fish owl, Indian nightjar, Oriental honey buzzards, Racket tailed drongos, Asian paradise flycatchers, Rock bush quails, Francolins etc. Though it’s difficult it track this wildlife in raw terrain of Tipeshwar Sanctuary on every single safari but it a great indicator how diverse and healthy this ecosystem is. And as the locals say – lord Tipeshwar doesn’t let anyone go empty handed, one who visits here will definitely get rewarded with something unique.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Date : 02nd-04th May 2019
Category : Wildlife
Duration : 2 Nights / 3 Days
Train Suggestions :
Mumbai to Nagpur : 12289 MUMBAI CSTM –NAGPUR DURONTO EXPRESS
Nagpur to Mumbai : 12290 NAGPUR-MUMBAI CSTM DURONTO EXPRESS
Note*: You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding train/flight bookings, we will be happy to help you.
Day 00 : Board overnight train or early morning flight next day to Nagpur. Reach Nagpur before 8.00 am
Day 01 : Pick up from Nagpur railway station/airport and transfer to Pandharkawda town. Reach hotel by 1.00 pm. Check in; freshen up, Ice-breaking session with the group and lunch. Post lunch leave for gate. Afternoon safari in the Tippeshwar Wildlife Sanctuary. After the safari return back to hotel. Group discussion and dinner. Lights out and day ends.
Day 02 : Early morning wake up. Leave for morning safari and enjoy cool breeze in this hot summer. Spot some wildlife and track some tigers. Post safari return to hotel and rest. Lunch at the hotel. Leave for afternoon safari. Evening back to hotel. Post dinner experience sharing. Overnight at the resort.
Day 03 : Wake up early and gear up for Morning safari. Enjoy our last safari in the forest and photograph some more wildlife. Return to hotel, freshen up and have breakfast. Post breakfast check out from hotel and travel to Nagpur by private vehicle. Lunch en-route . Reach Nagpur by 6 pm. Return back to Mumbai by Train/Flight.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories!!!
1. Tiger sighting is matter of luck, so enjoy the forest with other mammals and birds.
2. Costing might increase at last minute if there is any changes made in Fee structure by Forest department.
3. Tipeshwar forest area is in very much nascent stage of development and faces sever limitations with respect to infrastructure and resources. Kindly do not expect facilities and infrastructure like other established parks.
Tour Price : Rs. 18,500/- Per Person+ Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members: Rs.18,000/- per member+ Tax as applicable
To be a Lifetime Member, Click Here
- Pickup and Drop from Nagpur to Nagpur in A/C Vehicle
- Accommodation in Resort on Twin Sharing Basis in AC Rooms
- Transfers from hotel to Safari gate (15 kms approximately)
- All Meals at Tippeshwar Wildlife Sanctuary
- 4 Exclusive Tiger Safari in open gypsy (4 travellers in 1 gypsy for better photography)
- Taxes as applicable
- Train/flight Tickets from Mumbai- Nagpur and Return.
- Meals during Train Journey.
- Any Camera Charges.
- Any Other Expense other than mentioned above.
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
1. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded.
2. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
3. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
4. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded.
5. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Card Compulsory (Aadhar/ Pancard/DL)
1. Dull Colored Clothes (Please don’t wear Bright colored Clothes, TRY TO GET AS CAMOUFLAGED AS POSSIBLE)
2. Sanitary Kit
3. Dry Food (snacks)
4. Torch (Must)
5. Personal First Aid kit.
6. Cap, goggle, sunscreen, moisturizer etc..
7. Sport shoes or Kitos/ sandal
8. Electral powder / Glucon D
9. Binocular/Camera with lenses (Optional)
10. Water Bottle (3 liter must)
11. Odomos (Mosquito Repellent)
12. Tripod will be helpful to avoid shake as there will be low light
13. Umbrella or Poncho/Cap
FAQ’s For WILDLIFE SAFARI:
1. How many people will be there in Gypsy for a safari tour?
– All wildlife safaris will have 6 pax in one gypsy (Unless otherwise mentioned particularly regarding 4 or 3 sharing)
2. Can I get a Safari on 4 sharing basis?
– Definitely yes, but it will be on extra cost and you need to inform us well in advance.
3. What is the Child policy for Wildlife Safaris?
– A child above 05 years of age is considered as an adult for any safari permit all over India. Children below 05 years of age exempted from any safari costs and can travel free of charge.
4. Are Wildlife Safaris safe?
– Absolutely! Even if all the safaris are carried out in an open gypsy, there is hardly any danger from wildlife when travellers are siting inside the vehicle. Plus on every safari we would have a Forest guide with us along with the gypsy driver and our expert who will help out if any unwanted situation arises.
5. What are the safari timings?
– Safari timings change from season to season in different National Parks depending on the Sunrise and Sunset. Usually a safari lasts for 3-4 hours morning and evening.
Approximately the timings are:
Morning: 6.00 am – 10 am
Afternoon : 3.00 pm – 6 pm
6. What is a Core zone and Buffer Zone ?
– A tourism zone in any National Park is divided into two zones: Core Zone and Buffer Zone. Buffer zone lies around the periphery of core forest area. Most of the tourism/safaris takes place in core zone.
7. What is the best season to do a Wildlife Safari?
– The wildlife safari season starts from October-June. In Winter, from October to March one can have amazing birding opportunities with some migratory birds along with decent Tiger sightings and other mammals. March to May as the summer approaches one can have good tiger sightings along with other mammalian sightings and birding. So if you are a tiger centric wildlifer, we suggest you do a safari from March-May.
8. What are chances of Tiger Sightings during the safaris?
– Tiger sightings are dependent on tracking skills,knowledge of the forest along with luck & chance. Weather conditions also affect tiger sightings. But all our safari tours are well guided with experts and local guides who help track tigers along with other mammals and birds! This has resulted in extremely successful tiger sighting ratio for us compared to others. We also focus on overall biodiversity and hence we ensure that you take back some unique experiences with you if not tiger sightings!
9. Why does one has to book Wildlife Tours in advance?
– The safari permit booking starts 120 days before the actual travel date and this is governed by forest department. Plus there are limited number of gypsies that are allowed to enter each gate during every safari session. Hence securing your safari booking before others grab it is very crucial and needs to be done at the earliest.
10. What kind of facilities will be available at the destination we are travelling to?
– Though we are taking you to wilderness places away from luxury, we have ensured that you will get at least all the required basic comforts during the tour. Our resorts in all the wildlife safaris tours are Deluxe Category; comfortable and homely. All resorts are equipped with all amenities like comfortable bedding, hot/cold water, western toiletries, A/C facilities, laundry on request, doctor on call, mineral water, generator backup etc. Along with this, Veg-Non veg meals will be available in buffet style. Jain food provision, Wifi connection and Television is also available at most of the places.
11. What are the camera charges for safaris?
– Some National parks forest permit charge extra camera fees to the travellers who are carrying high-end cameras with telephoto lenses or video cameras for photography and videography. Rules are different for different forests. Eg: In Tadoba : A camera with lens of 250 mm and above is charged Rs.200 per safari.
12. I am not a professional photographer or frequent wildlifer…can i still enroll for safari tour?
– Yes,why not?? Every nature lover is welcomed on a safari tour! We feel every traveller must do a wildlife safari at least once in his lifetime! Its an experience that every individual must take in especially when India has such a rich biodiversity and Tiger is our national animal.
13. What are photography opportunities for someone who is keen on wildlife photography and will he/she get guidance for the same?
– All our safari tours are balanced providing ample opportunities for wildlife photography. It not only focuses on tigers but also on other mammalian species, birds, reptiles along with capturing beautiful Landscapes and natural beauty. Our experts also help the participants with guidance and tips for wildlife photography.
14. What will the climate/weather be like in/around the park we will travel to?
– The weather differs from region to region. Winters are usually cool with temperature ranging from 8-20 degrees while Summers are hot and dry with temperatures ranging from 25-45 degrees.
Some Do’s :
* Carry clothes according to the season of the visit. Carry clothes that will help you camouflage with the surroundings.
* Always carry original identity proof.
* Carry a fragrance-free Sunscreen.
* Always keep your phone on silent or airplane mode when entering forest.
* Cover your face with a scarf to protect it from dust.
* Also carry extra batteries, memory cards for camera and cover it to protect the camera from dust,rain etc.
* Always remain calm and composed when any sighting takes place. Remember patience is the only key.
* Your guide/mentor and locals know the area inside the forest better than anyone, so do co-operate with them.
* Do follow strict timings as given by your team leader to avoid delay in any activities as safaris are group events.
* Always respect your local guide/driver and their knowledge about the forest during an safari.
* For herping/monsoon wildlife tours, always carry wind-cheaters, proper clothing and shoes, water-proof bags. Also get rain proof covers for your cameras/binoculars etc.
Some Don’ts :
* Do not litter in forest and surrounding areas.
* Do not throw anything out of the gypsy.
* Do not yell, scream or wave at the animals.
* Do not wear brightly colored clothes or apply any kind of perfumes or deodorants.
* Never feed any animals.
* Do not play any loud music in vicinity of the forest area.
* No one is allowed to get down from the gypsy inside the forest.
* Do not argue with any person like forest guards, guides, locals or even travellers from another gypsy during the safari.
For More details, contact us on email@example.com Or 08692055777 / 08422049888 / 08692022777
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh