Exploring the forests of Central India : Pench | Kanha | Bandhavgarh | Panna !!
About Tiger Marathon :
This incredible journey in the Central Indian forests will not only give you a chance to explore the wild but will also offer a stage to understand Indian Jungles…the travel starts the Pench – The land of Mowgli following the tiger corridor to the grassy meadows of Kanha following two nights in the Sal forests of Bandhavgarh and ending it in Panna Tiger Reserve. This 6 nights – 7 Days expedition with 11 safaris is something every wildlifer must do once in his lifetime!
We will be visiting the forests in summer, which is the best time for wildlife sightings with superb chances for Tiger and Wildlife photography.
So join in and experience one of the best journeys in jungles of India!
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Date : 19th-25th May 2018
Category : Wildlife
Duration : 06 Nights / 07 Days
Train Suggestions :
Onward Journey : Mumbai – Nagpur : 12289 / Mumbai-Nagpur Duronto Express
Return Journey : Jabalpur- Mumbai : 12187 / Garibrath Express
Flight Suggestions :
Onward Journey : Mumbai – Nagpur : Air India – 5.45 am – 7.20 am
Return Journey : Jabalpur – Mumbai : Air India – 17.00 pm – 22.35 pm ( 1 stop) or Spice Jet 12.20 pm – 2.30 pm (Direct flight)
Note* : You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train / flight booking, we will be happy to help you.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TOUR
The Marathon is a fast track dedicated expedition through the forests of Central India. We will be covering 4 major parks of Madhya Pradesh i.e Pench, Kanha, Bandhavgarh and Panna. All these 4 Tiger reserves have a unique ecosystem, beautiful landscapes and varied biodiversity that can be enjoyed at its peak in summers.
Pench Tiger Reserve : 2 Safaris + 1 Night Safari
Kanha Tiger Reserve : 2 Safaris
Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve : 3 Safaris
Panna Tiger Reserve : 3 Safaris
Tigers to look out for :
Pench : Collorwali Tigeress and her cubs, Dhara (C1), BMW male, Raiyakassa Male, Sharmili, Langdi and her cubs.
Kanha : Munna, Link 7 male ( Chota Munna), Umarpani female.
Bandhavgarh : Bheem Male, Spotty and cubs, Rajbehra and her sub adults, Kankati Junior, Mahaman Males, Dotty.
Panna : T1 female and her cubs. P141 and P142 Tigers
Day 0 (Friday) : Leave for Nagpur by Duronto Express, Trn No.12289 at 08:00 pm from CSTM.
Day 1 (Saturday) :
Start our journey from Nagpur at 08:00 am and head to Pench national park in private car / self driven car. We will be entering forest of Pench National Park from Madhya Pradesh border where the tiger sightings probabilities are highest. Reach Resort by 1:00 pm. Check in, Ice-breaking session with group and Lunch. After Lunch Gear up and Leave for 1st Wildlife Safari. Evening Go for a Night safari in buffer forest of Pench which is a very thrilling and rewarding track that offers great opportunities to sight leopards, civet cats and Indian wolves. Dinner, Group discussion about day’s sighting and Pench tiger reserve in detail. Lights off and day ends. (B, L, D )
Day 2 (Sunday) :
Early Morning Have Breakfast and Leave for 2nd Wildlife Safari in Pench. Alternatively we might carry our breakfast on safari only to save on safari time. Post safari pack up and check out. Drive to Kanha. Enjoy the journey through beautiful tiger corridor – NH6. Reach Kanha by lunch. Quick lunch and leave for our safari in Kanha. Return to the resort. Fresh up, rest and dinner. Overnight at the resort. (B, L, D)
Day 3 (Monday) :
Early Morning leave for another Wildlife Safari in Kanha. Return to the resort and Check Out. Leave For Bandhavgarh. Enroute lunch and reach Bandhavgarh by evening. Check in and relax with a cup of chai! Rest and replenish your energy for next day’s adventure at Bandhavgarh. Overnight at the resort. (B, D)
Day 4 (Tuesday) :
Early Morning, Leave for our Jungle Safari in Bandhavgarh. Track some tigers, listen to the alarm calls and follow the pugmarks. Breakfast and return to the resort. Rest and post lunch leave for Jungle Safari in Bandhavgarh. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Post Dinner Experience Sharing Session. Rest. (B, L, D)
Day 5 (Wednesday) :
Wake up and gear up for Jungle Safari in Bandhavgarh, explore the grassy meadows of Magadhi zone. Return to resort, freshen up and pack up. Check out. One can choose to end the marathon here and return back to home city from Bandhavgarh. If your heart still wants to wander in the forest and explore the wilderness then stay on as we continue our journey to Panna Tiger Reserve. Travel to Panna and reach by evening. Rest and enjoy the evening in the wild. Overnight at the resort. (B, D)
Note : For those interested to take exist after Bandhvgarh, please get in touch with us for discounted pricing.
Day 6 (Thursday) :
Wake up to the crisp summer air, get ready and leave for morning Safari. This would be our 8th consecutive safari in forest. Enjoy one of the beautiful forest of Panna, click some superb landscapes. If lucky spot more tigers and capture the felines in your camera! Breakfast inside the jungle…return to the resort. Rest and lunch. Post lunch go for our 9th Safari. Yes you must be tired but trust me it would be worth it! Enjoy the sun set over the mighty mountains and sal forest. Return to resort for a cup of chai…Dinner and overnight at the resort. (B, L. D)
Day 7 :
Early morning leave for our last safari. Explore the forest and spot more wildlife! Return to the resort. Check out and travel to Jabalpur station in evening. (B)
Tour concludes with Happy Memories :D
Transportation : Self Driven / Cost Sharing Basis at Actual
Ever imagined driving through the awesome forest corridors of central Indian rich forests? Now it’s the best part of this expedition that you can come self driven or even can hop in to a co-traveller’s car on cost sharing basis.
This would reduce your travel cost substantially, offer you a memorable driving experience and deliver plenty of fun moments with your new wildlife friends during the serene journey.
So gear up for this rustic journey. For more details regarding transportation for this tour, do get in touch with us
1. Costings are subject to change in case of any alternations in forest fees, union fees, guide charges etc.
2. This marathon is an extensive journey in peak summer, the safaris would be exhaustive.
3. Internal transfers during the tour will be at actual on sharing basis.
4. Service taxes as per Government (9%) will be additional on the total tour price.
Tour Price : Rs.39,000/-+ Tax as applicable (per person)
For Lifetime Members : Rs.38,200/- + Tax as applicable (per member)
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
- 06 Nights/ 07 Days Accommodation at Resort on Triple Sharing Basis in AC Rooms.
- All Meals as per mentioned in the Itinerary. (B – breakfast, L- lunch, D- dinner)
- 10 Open Gypsy Safaris in Core Zone + 1 Night safari.
- All forest permissions and Guide Charges.
- Expertise charges
1. Transportation / Internal transfers during the tour will be at actual on cost sharing basis
2. Transfer from Mumbai to Mumbai
3. Meals during the train/flight/ transfer journey
4. Lens/Camera charges
5. Any personal orders, laundry, phone calls.
6. Any porter charges,tips and gratitude.
7. Anything other than mentioned above
8. Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities or sudden changes in forest fees, permits etc
9. Other tolls
10. Taxes as applicable
Note**Accommodation on twin sharing available on request.(Nominal charges to be paid by participant as applicable)
FAQ’s For WILDLIFE SAFARI:
1. How many people will be there in Gypsy for a safari tour..?
– All wildlife safaris will have 6 pax in one gypsy.
2. Can I get a Safari on 4 sharing basis..?
– Definitely yes, but it will be on extra cost and you need to inform us well in advance.
3. What is the Child policy for Wildlife Safaris?
– A child above 05 years of age is considered as an adult for any safari permit all over India. Children below 05 years of age exempted from any safari costs and can travel free of charge.
4. Are Wildlife Safaris safe?
– Absolutely! Even if all the safaris are carried out in an open gypsy, there is hardly any danger from any wildlife. Plus on every safari we would have a Forest guide with us along with the gypsy driver and our expert who will help out if any unwanted situation arises.
5. What are the safari timings?
– Safari timings change from season to season in different National Parks depending on the Sunrise and Sunset. Usually a safari lasts for 3-4 hours morning and evening.
Approximately the timings are:
Morning: 6.00 am – 10 am
Afternoon : 3.00 pm – 6 pm
6. What is a Core zone and Buffer Zone ?
– A tourism zone in any National Park is divided into two zones: Core Zone and Buffer Zone. Buffer zone lies around the periphery of core forest area. Most of the tourism/safaris takes place in core zone.
7. What is the best season to do a Wildlife Safari?
– The wildlife safari season starts from October-June. In Winter, from October to March one can have amazing birding opportunities with some migratory birds along with decent Tiger sightings and other mammals. March to May as the summer approaches one can have good tiger sightings along with other mammalian sightings and birding. So if you are a tiger centric wild lifer, we suggest you do a safari from March-May.
8. What are chances of Tiger Sightings during the safaris?
– Tiger sightings are dependent on pure luck and chance.Weather conditions also affect tiger sightings.But all our safari tours are well guided with experts and local guides who help track tigers along with other mammals and birds! So we ensure that you take back some unique experiences with you if not tiger sightings!
9. Why does one has to book Wildlife Tours in advance?
– The safari permit booking starts 120 days before the actual travel date. Plus there are limited number of gypsies that can enter each gate every safari.Hence safari booking is very crucial and needs to be done at earliest.
10. What kind of facilities will be available at the destination we are travelling to?
– Our resorts in all the wildlife safaris tours are Deluxe Category; comfortable and homely All resorts are equipped with all amenities like hot/cold water, toiletries, A/C facilities, Laundry on call etc. Along with this, Veg-Non veg meals will be available in buffet style.
11. What are the camera charges for safaris?
– Some National parks forest permit charge extra camera fees to the travellers which carry a high-end cameras with telelenses or video cameras for photography and shooting. For eg: In Tadoba : A camera with lens of 200 mm and above is charged Rs.200 per safari.
12. I am not a professional photographer or wild lifer…can i still enroll for safari tour?
– Yes,why not?? Every nature lover is welcomed on a safari tour! We feel every traveller must do a wildlife safari at-least once in his lifetime! Its an experience that every individual must take in
13. What are photography opportunities for someone who is keen on wildlife photography and will he/she get guidance for the same?
– All our safari tours are balanced providing ample opportunities for wildlife photography. It not only focuses on tigers but also on other mammalian species, birds, reptiles along with capturing beautiful Landscapes and natural beauty.
14. What will the climate/weather be like in/around the park we will travel to?
– The weather differs from region to region. Winters are usually cool with temperature ranging from 8-20 degrees while Summers are hot and dry with temperatures ranging from 25-45 degrees.
Some Do’s :
* Carry clothes according to the season of the visit. Carry clothes that will help you camouflage with the surroundings.
* Always carry Original Identity Proof.
* Carry a fragrance-free Sunscreen.
* Always keep your phone on silent or airplane mode when entering forest.
* Cover your face with a scarf to protect it from dust.
* Also carry extra batteries, memory cards for cameras and cover it to protect the camera from dust,rain etc.
* Always remain calm and composed when any sighting takes place.
* Your guide/mentor and locals know the area inside the forest better than anyone, so do cooperate with them.
* Do follow strict timing as given by your team leader to avoid delay in any activities as safaris are group events.
* Always respect your local guide/driver and their knowledge about the forest during an safari.
* For herping/monsoon wildlife tours, always carry wind-cheaters, proper clothing and shoes, water-proof bags. Also get rain proof covers for your camera/binoculars etc.
* Do not litter in forest and surrounding areas
* Do not throw anything out of the gypsy.
* Don’t yell,scream or wave at the animals.
* Do not wear brightly colored clothes or apply any kind of perfumes or deos
* Never feed any animals
* Do not play any loud music in vicinity of the forest area.
* No one is allowed to get down from the gypsy inside the forest.
* Do not argue with any person like forest guards,guides,locals or even travellers from another gypsy during the safari.
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh