Statue of Unity Tour
About the Statue of Unity Tour :
With the inaugural of the Statue of Unity, built in memorial of the ‘Iron Man of India’_ Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, India just made its entry as the tallest statue in the world. It was unveiled by Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi on 31 October 2018, on the event of 143rd birth anniversary of Sardar Patel. The entire monument costs approx. Rs.3050 crores and took 33 months for completion.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Statue stands tall atop Sadhu Bet island in the middle of Narmada River fronting the Sardar Sarovar Dam downstream in Kevadiya colony, around 100 kms south-east of Vadodara. This bronze statue is indeed an engineering marvel.
After 4 years of work, the specifications of the statue stand at; height from the base is 240 m, height of the base 58 m, height of statue 182 m (597 ft). The strong towers that form the statue’s legs have 2 elevators each which can transfer 26 people at once to the viewing gallery in just about 30 seconds.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 27th – 28th July 2019
Category : Offbeat Tour – Short
Duration : 1 Night / 2 Days
1. Go up to the chest level to reach the viewing gallery and gaze at the Sardar Sarovar Dam
2. Visit museum and audio-visual gallery
3. Enjoy the laser, light and sound show
4. Embrace the beauty of the ‘Valley of Flowers’
5. Indulge in the natural haven of Zarwani Waterfalls
6. Holy Darshan to Nilkanthnath Swaminarayan temple
Day 01 : MUMBAI – SURAT – KEVADIA
Take the morning train – SHATABDI EXP (12009) from Mumbai Central and reach Surat by 9:30am. After reaching there have breakfast and then drive off to Kevadia village Vadodara(156km). After reaching there, enjoy sight-seeing of Statue of Unity, Sardar Sarovar Dam, valley of flowers with 100 variety of flowers, laser show in the museum about sardar Patel and making of this statue, and the scenic beauty of Narmada river and Vindhya range. After enjoying the whole day, check in to hotel, have evening snacks with cultural program. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02 : KEVADIA – SURAT – MUMBAI
Early visit to Zarwani waterfalls which provide you an opportunity to trek and enjoy the beauty. Return to tent have breakfast and checkout. Drive to Nilkanthnath Swaminarayan temple, Poicha surely one of the best places to visit near the statue of unity. Have a delicious lunch here, and drive back to Surat. Take a train – SURAT BDTS EXP (12936) from Surat to Bandra Terminus and reach Bandra by 8:25 pm.
Your memorable tour ends here!
Tour Price : Rs.5,999/- per person + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.5,799/- per members + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. Meals on Saturday- Breakfast, and dinner
2. Meals on Sunday-Breakfast
3. Accommodation on a double sharing basis
4. Entry Fees at Statue of Unity & other sightseeing, wherever necessary.
1. Taxes as applicable
2. Train Charges to Surat & Back
3. Any other personal Expenses
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if youve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Extra Clothes
2. Dry Food (snacks)
3. Personal Medicines If any
4. Cap, Sunglasses, etc.
5. Sport shoes & kitos
6. Electoral powder / Glucon D/ Tang
7. Camera (Optional)
8. Water Bottle (1 Liter) Must
9. Weather in is Unpredictable, so please be prepared for Rain (Rain covers/ Umbrella/Poncho)
1. What’s the age range of the Group trip ?
– We have travelers from all the groups of age. Since this is an offbeat travelling community, we’ve travelers from all age groups belonging from various professional sectors.
2. I am travelling solo for the first time . how can i expect my experience to be ?
– Most of our travelers here are solo . No one has a prior acquaintance with anybody other than on the community. It is going to be like the first day of school or college or office, excitement of meeting new people with the thrill of the trip. Do not expect anything less than an adventure. Absolutely, that’s the beauty of small group travel. You will make friends quickly and your Tour lead will become a good source of support to you along the way too!
3. Are single traveler mainly male or female ?
– Most of our trips split pretty evenly down gender lines. We average roughly 60:40 female-to-males, so you’ll never feel outnumbered.
4. How can i be sure i am safe ?
– We follow a set of safety rules to make your travel experience physically and mentally safe. Our team is well trained and equipped to handle any kind of situations. Also we send precaution note for most of our trips couple of days
5. What if i want room to myself ?
– The fun of travelling in groups is sharing of rooms. We recommend that you share the room with fellow travelers for better bonding and understanding. Somehow, if you wish to have a separate room anyway, that can be possible for additional amount depending upon the accommodation.
6. How much freedom do i have during trip ?
– Every trip has an well designed itinerary to make most out of the destination or event. Group travel are all about experiences . However If any point of time, you feel like exploring the things by yourself or would like to skip a day at stay back apart from set Itinerary, you have the freedom to do so yes only after consulting with tour Lead (Remember Traveler adhere the additional cost if any 😉 ). Not everybody likes museums like no everyone enjoys shopping.
For more details, Group Or Corporate Bookings
✉ : firstname.lastname@example.org
☏ : 08692055777 / 08692086927
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh