Camping near Mumbai, Gazing the Stars…!!
About Stargazing & Camping trip near Mumbai :
Stargazing is perhaps the only activity where you look at the stars but end up gazing into yourself, the grand scale of the Universe slowly unravels as you feel tiny, a minuscule speck in the grand ocean of the seemingly infinite cosmos.The stars themselves have been the keepers of our history, our grand myths and our greatest tales, all passed on from generation to generation through their visage.The stars have been our guides to places we have never gone, and reminders of places that we have come from, Our voyages in the oceans, our treks through the deserts. Which is perhaps why John Masefield in his beautiful poem Sea fever wrote, “All I ask is a tall ship and and a star to steer her by”.
However, as inspiring as the stars may be, City Folk have have lost their connection to the stars, their connection to the grand tales and mystic fables of old. Our are bright and bustling but looking at the skies at night there is a poignant reminder of what was and unfortunately what will never be. That is why, we have found a place where the lights may not be bright but the skies certainly gleam, the sounds do not remind us of haste but invoke a sense of calm, a place where we step back and reconnect with the myths of old, the stories of our ancestors, the legends that still matter and most importantly reconnect with that part of yourself that has been lost in the cacophony of sounds that we now consider routine.
In this journey upto the heavens, you will be helped by Vikram Virulkar of Beyond Earth who will be your guide while you immerse yourself into this experience and see also thorough the telescope the gems you would never see through your own eyes. In this trip you shall also be accompanied by homely food, cooked with lots of love, Comfortable tents to rest your backs and enjoy the experience of outdoor living and clean Washrooms.
Stargazing expert in Mumbai :
Star gazing activity can be fully enjoyed in the presence of an expert. An expert will help you in observing stars, planets and other objects in universe with the help of a telescope. He/she will inform you about several constellations and how to find directions by observing stars. Seems interesting? Then, contact us to learn from a stargazing expert in Mumbai.
“Mumbai Travellers in association with Beyond Earth”, is organizing an event “Stargazing & Camping”, where you will be spending your whole night under a billion stars on the riverside campsite, witnessing one of the dark skies of Maharashtra.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 25th-26th January 2020
Category : Camping
Type : Stargazing
Duration : 1 Night / 2 Days
Day 1 :
We will meet at Dadar by 11.30 am. After a briefing session, grab your seats in our Private Bus and we start our journey for camping at Suryamal. En-route, we halt for lunch at a dhaba near Kasara (on your own expense). Enjoy your journey by witnessing beautiful nature-scapes and you can also indulge in gupshup and singing. We will reach our campsite by 3 or 4 pm.
On arrival refresh yourself with a glass of welcome drink (non-alcoholic) and keep your bags ready as we move towards the tenting site. On arrival, set yourself free, appreciate the soulful sunset and let your mind wander with the silent breeze.
Now we will proceed with stargazing session. Our expert Mr.Vikram Virulkar will share information on Astronomy and stargazing. Meanwhile our local supporters will arrange for our dinner. Taste the delicious local cuisines in dim light ambiance of the campsite. Make sure you do not hesitate to grab a little more if you really love it.
Post dinner it’s the telescope time! Star-gazing continues. You have option of exploring numerous stars till late night. You can stay awake the whole night exploring stars and photographing them or by hearing amazing stories from our stargazing expert. Whereas, those who are drowsy can go off to sleep in their cozy tents.
The day ends.
Day 2 :
As the chirping birds, give a wakeup call; let your dreams converge with the beautiful reality. Rejuvenate yourself by looking at the early sunrise, while you sip a cup of hot tea. Have a fulfilling breakfast and explore the campsite area. Go, get some selfies with your buddies in front of our campsite. Around 09.30 am start wrapping up the tents and pack your bags. Then is the time for a memorable group photo and then we leave from the site. Around 10 am we start the return journey towards Mumbai in our Private Bus. En route, halt for lunch and we reach Mumbai by 2 or 3 pm.
The stargazing trip near Mumbai concludes with Happy Memories and some newfound friends.
1. Indian and Western Washroom facility available at campsite.
2. Please go through the complete itinerary, we won’t entertain any request of leaving early from the event. It’s a group event not a customized one, so please adhere to schedule and take back lovely memories.
Tour Price : Rs.3,000/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members: Rs.2,800/- per member+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership details (Rs.1000/- Only), Click Here
1. Accommodation in Tents on Twin Sharing basis (Two pax in one tent)
2. Transportation Ex-Dadar by non-ac private vehicle
3. Meals during the trip (Evening Snacks-Dinner-Breakfast) with tea and refreshment. (Only Veg Meals).
4. All permissions, Tolls and expertise
5. Stargazing Session with Telescope with our expert Mr.Vikram Virulkar.
1. Lunch on both days
2. Tax as applicable
3. Anything other than mentioned above
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 7 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 7 days.
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to Carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Dry Food (Snacks)
2. Torch with Extra cell + candle/matchbox/lighter
3. Personal Medicines
4. Extra clothes and rain wear
5. Cap, Mosquito repellent
6. Sports Shoes/Trekking Shoes (Compulsory)
7. Electral Powder/Tang/Glucon D
8. Sanitary kit
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Water bottle (2ltr must)
11. Rucksack to carry all things. ( No handbags/jholas)
12. Bedsheet/ Pull over (Compulsory)
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh