The mountains are calling; are you ready
About the Spiti Valley Offbeat Tour :
Picture deep valleys, blue rivers, soaring cliffs, and winding roads. Welcome to Spiti Valley, a priceless jewel in the Himalayan belt. Owing to its natural beauty, this cold desert has made its way to the bucket list of travellers from across the world and into the hearts of those who visit it. Feel the adrenaline rush as you spot the snow leopard, let the peace of monasteries soothe your spirit and soak in the magic of the Himalayas.
Mumbai Travellers is proud to organise an exclusive offbeat tour of Spiti Valley. Our tour will take you in the heart of this mountain town and into lesser known locales that are sure to fascinate you. Be a part of an exciting experience and explore Spiti like never before, accompanied by our expert tour team and local guides. We take you through the heart of the land, as you bond over a meal with the locals, and make you feel truly at home.
Whether you choose to come along solo or with a friend, you will join us and a band of fellow travellers in a journey across one of the world’s most beautiful mountain valleys: Spiti. Discover the magic of this Himalayan town and let it thrill the adventurer in you. Come and be a part of this magical trip in a land we are truly proud to call our own.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 12th-19th August 2019
Category : Offbeat Tour – Long
Duration : 07 Nights / 08 Days
Day 01 : 12th August
Reach Manali early in the morning by taking an overnight bus from Delhi.
Check-in and take some rest. This day is to get you well rested for the upcoming journey as it is going to be an offbeat road trip. We can go for a walk through Old Manali, do some shopping, withdraw money if you need to, eat a good meal and get ready for the adventure ahead. Overnight stay in Manali.
Day 02 : Manali – Batal – Kunzum Pass – Kaza : 13th August
Early morning leave for our next destination, the centre city of Spiti Valley called Kaza. Enroute we will be passing through lot of pagal nalas and one of the famous passes of the Tour “Kunzum Pass” based at the altitude of 15060 ft / 4590 Mtrs. It is one of the toughest journeys and will take a lot of time to cover the distance, we will start early in the morning and reach Kaza by evening. So enjoy leisure time and take good rest before the actual exploration begins.
Day 03 : Kaza – Langza – Hikkim – Komic – Kaza – Key – Kibber – Kaza : 14th August
Post breakfast, We set off to Hikkim to visit the world’s highest post office, at an altitude of 14,400 ft. above sea level. From here we move to see Komik, the highest motorable village in the world, at an altitude of 15,027 ft. After such amazing half day of ours we will be back to the Hotel for lunch. Later we head out to explore the sights and sounds of Kaza. Our first stop is Key Monastery which dates back to the 13th century. Also called Key Gompa, this monastery is at an altitude of 4,166 metres above sea level. Along with that we are going to see a tiny hamlet surrounded by mountains, green meadows and a vast cold desert i.e. Kibber; We will also explore the famous Chicham Bridge connecting two villages of Spiti Valley. .Evening is spent strolling in Kaza market shopping for local trinkets and tucking into traditional food. Overnight at Kaza.
Day 04 : Kaza – Dhankar – Giu – Tabo : 15th August
Take the morning easy and head out to visit the Ajanta of the Himalayas- Visit Dhankar Monastery – Seat of the King in ancient times – the most beautiful setting of a monument which hangs on a cliff and overlooks the confluence of Spiti and Pin River. After that we will head to visit the most ancient and precious beauty of the tour, Giu Monastery which has kept the ancient Mummy well preserved from the time it has been excavated. Later after exploring some amazing locations, we will move to our next destination which is The Tabo Monastery currently close to 1000 years old. The murals, thankas and paintings are believed to have been made in a single night by the Gods themselves. Stay overnight in Tabo.
Day 05 : Tabo – Mud : 16th August
Post breakfast, we proceed to Mud Village in Pin Valley. Pin Valley is at an altitude of 3700 metres above sea level and you can often experience clouds drifting alongside as you walk. We stroll leisurely through village lanes and interact with the locals. We head back to the hotel by dusk, we will rest maximum this night as the next day is a long yet beautiful one. Overnight in Mud.
Day 06 : Mud – Batal – Chandratal Base Camp : 17th August
Today the excitement is on another level as we travel to Chandratal Base Camp. A camper and trekker’s paradise, Chandratal Lake is often referred to as one of the most beautiful lakes located at an altitude of about 4300 m in the mighty Himalayas. The stunning lake is situated on the Samudra Tapu plateau which overlooks the Chandra River. The name “Chandra Taal” (Lake of the Moon) comes from its crescent shape. This lake is also one of two high-altitude wetlands of India that have been designated as Ramsar sites. We will reach our campsite and relax, and from here we will hike to the beautiful Chandratal Lake. Overnight in Chandratal Base Camp.
Day 07 : Chandratal – Manali : 18th August
We depart early from the camp and head to Manali. EnRoute, we enjoy the sights of Pagal Nala and Rohtang Pass. As it is a long journey, the evening is spent leisurely exploring Manali and resting. Overnight in Manali.
Day 08 : 19th August
Check out from Manali hotel and return to back to your own destinations.
Your memorable Spiti offbeat tour ends here!
Tour Price : Rs.29,999/- per person + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.29,499/- per members + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. Daily Breakfast and Dinner
2. 07 Nights’ accommodation in Hotels or Tents on Double or Triple sharing basis
3. All Transfers between from Manali to Manali
4. Guide and & Entry fees
5. An experienced offbeat expert & a Friend who will help you take the hassle out of your travel.
1. Lunch for all days
2. Airfare / Train fare for Mumbai-Delhi-Mumbai
3. Camera Charges
4. Personal Expenses
5. Taxes as applicable
6. Anything other than mentioned above inclusions
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if youve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Gov approved Id proof Compulsory ( NO Pan Card)
2. Backpack (Avoid Suitcases)
3. A Day Bag to hold camera and essential during sightseeing.
4. Beachwear in case you decide to swim or enjoy water sports.
5. Torch (Must)
6. Personal Medicines If any
7. Cap, Shades, Sun-screen etc.
8. Sport shoes or Good quality Floaters
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Sanitary Kit
11. Mosquito Repellent
1. What’s the age range of the Group trip ?
– We have travelers from all the groups of age. Since this is an offbeat travelling community, we’ve travelers from all age groups belonging from various professional sectors.
2. I am travelling solo for the first time . how can i expect my experience to be ?
– Most of our travelers here are solo . No one has a prior acquaintance with anybody other than on the community. It is going to be like the first day of school or college or office, excitement of meeting new people with the thrill of the trip. Do not expect anything less than an adventure. Absolutely, that’s the beauty of small group travel. You will make friends quickly and your Tour lead will become a good source of support to you along the way too!
3. Are single traveler mainly male or female ?
Most of our trips split pretty evenly down gender lines. We average roughly 60:40 female-to-males, so you’ll never feel outnumbered.
4. How can i be sure i am safe ?
– We follow a set of safety rules to make your travel experience physically and mentally safe. Our team is well trained and equipped to handle any kind of situations. Also we send precaution note for most of our trips couple of days
5. What if i want room to myself ?
The fun of travelling in groups is sharing of rooms. We recommend that you share the room with fellow travelers for better bonding and understanding. Somehow, if you wish to have a separate room anyway, that can be possible for additional amount depending upon the accommodation.
6. How much freedom do i have during trip ?
Every trip has an well designed itinerary to make most out of the destination or event. Group travel are all about experiences . However If any point of time, you feel like exploring the things by yourself or would like to skip a day at stay back apart from set Itinerary, you have the freedom to do so yes only after consulting with tour Lead (Remember Traveler adhere the additional cost if any 😉 ). Not everybody likes museums like no everyone enjoys shopping.
Essential Checklist :
Our number one piece of advice is: collect everything you think you need
Almost everyone brings far too much stuff. We like to travel light. However, everyone has different wants and needs, so make sure you bring the stuff that makes you happy when travelling!
1. Should i bring Backpack or Suitcase ?
– Either is completely fine! Personally, we would recommend a backpack as it easier to carry around when going from trains to boats (and easier to lift above your head when standing knee-deep in water ;)).
2. Parents often worry about the safety of their progeny ? This is completely understandable.
– Its why a group tour is ideal for any first-time traveler you are mostly in the company of other travellers, so are far less likely to get into trouble than if you were travelling solo. We try to ensure the safety of all our travellers, however we are also against the babysitting approach of other tour companies. This means a healthy amount of individual space, with a base understanding that everyone is a self-sufficient, responsible adult.
3. What are accommodation like ?
During the tour you will be staying in varied places (one being the night train! during travel). However, most nights you will be staying in twin or Triple rooms/Hostels/Havelis/Nature Camps etc.. with a fellow Travellers. Our accommodation are comfortable and safe and we strive to get you guys in the best locations so some mornings youll be waking up on a lake, and others right on the beach!
4. How fit do I need to be ?
You don’t have to be an athlete to travel with us all walks and activities are optional and there is something for everyone.
5. Do I need to bring a sleeping bag or mosquito net ?
You don’t need to bring a sleeping bag unless informed but a sleeping bag liner/ inner is advisable. You don’t need to bring a mosquito net but we do recommend getting bug repellent
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh