The mountains are calling; are you ready
About the Spiti Backpacking Trip :
Picture deep valleys, blue rivers, soaring cliffs, and winding roads. Welcome to Spiti Valley, a priceless jewel in the Himalayan belt. Owing to its natural beauty, this cold desert has made its way to the bucket list of travellers from across the world and into the hearts of those who visit it. Feel the adrenaline rush as you spot the snow leopard, let the peace of monasteries soothe your spirit and soak in the magic of the Himalayas.
Mumbai Travellers is proud to organise an exclusive offbeat backpacking tour of Spiti Valley. Our tour will take you in the heart of this mountain town and into lesser known locales that are sure to fascinate you. Be a part of an exciting experience and explore Spiti like never before, accompanied by our expert tour team and local guides. We take you through the heart of the land, as you bond over a meal with the locals, and make you feel truly at home.
Whether you choose to come along solo or with a friend, you will join us and a band of fellow backpackers in a journey across one of the worlds most beautiful mountain valleys: Spiti. Discover the magic of this Himalayan town and let it thrill the adventurer in you. Come and be a part of this magical trip in a land we are truly proud to call our own.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 12th-19th August 2019
Category : Backpacking India
Duration : 07 Nights / 08 Days
Day 01 :
Reach Manali early in the morning by taking an overnight bus from Delhi. Check-in and take rest. This day is to get used to the altitude and to help you acclimatize. You can go for a walk through Old Manali, do some shopping, withdraw money if you need to, eat a good meal and get ready for the adventure ahead. Nights stay is in Manali
Day 02 :Kaza-Ki-Kibber-Kaza
Post breakfast, we head out to explore the sights and sounds of Kaza. Our first stop is Ki Monastery which dates back to the 13th century. Also called Key Gompa, this monastery is at an altitude of 4,166 metres above sea level. Next, we head to Kibber, a tiny hamlet surrounded by mountains, green meadows, and a vast cold desert. We head back to Kaza for lunch. Evening is spent strolling in Kaza market shopping for local trinkets and tucking into traditional food. Night is spent back at the Kaza hotel
Day 03 : Kaza-Langza-Hikkim – Komic – Kaza
We set off to Hikkim to visit the worlds highest post office, at an altitude of 14,400 ft. above sea level. From here we move to see Komik, the highest motorable village in the world, at an altitude of 15,027 ft. above sea level. By night, we reach back to the hotel in Kaza.
Day 04 : Explore Ajanta of the Himalayas
Take the morning easy and head out to visit the Ajanta of the Himalayas- The Tabo Monastery which is currently close to 1000 years old. The murals, thankas and paintings are believed to have been made in a single night by the Gods themselves. You can also hike to the meditation caves, if time permits. Visit Dhankar Monastery – Seat of the King in ancient times – the most beautiful setting of a monument which hangs on a cliff and overlooks the confluence of Spiti and Pin River. You can hike to Dhankar lake, if your lungs permit. Stay overnight in Tabo
Day 05 : Kaza-Mud
Post breakfast, we proceed to Dhankar Gompa, a Tibetan Buddhist village. Later we head to Mud Village in Pin Valley. Pin Valley is at an altitude of 3700 metres above sea level and you can often experience clouds drifting alongside as you walk. We stroll leisurely through village lanes and interact with the locals. We head back to the hotel by dusk and stay the night in Kaza.
Day 06 : Mudh – Batal – Chandratal Base Camp
We travel to Chandratal Base Camp. From here we will trek to the beautiful Chandratal Lake. The night is spent at Parasol Camps by the lakeside.
Day 07 : Chandratal – Manali
We depart early from the camp and head to Manali. Enroute, we enjoy the sights of Pagal Nala and Rohtang Pass. The evening is spent leisurely exploring Manali and resting. Check in for the night at a hotel in Manali.
Day 08 :
Check out from Manali hotel and return to Mumbai.
Your memorable Backpacking tour ends here.!
This is Guided Backpacking version of Trip. Our Itineraries are carefully put together by our backpacking experts aiming to cover & experience some lesser known must-see offbeat places in India in backpacking style. Our trips are the perfect way to rediscover yourself and socialize yourself with like minded backpackers while you explore the unexplored places in India which are offbeat and general tourist often skip because of the obscure nature of these locales. After all, Columbus wouldnt be Columbus if hed stuck to taking the same journey again and again, right Occasionally backpacking trips might be bit low on leisure but always high on experiences as you enjoy local street food, interact with locals, or sharing a dorm,hostel or home-stay with other fellow travelers at some breathtaking locations across India .
“Life is all about courage and going in to unknowns”
Seems like the kind of trip youve been waiting to take Save the date!
Tour Price : Rs.24,990/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.24,290/- per members+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
– This is Backpacking version of trip – Sometimes low on Leisure and But always High on experiences.
Visits, Activities and their order are subject to change for backpacking trip based on the discretion of Mumbai Travellers.
– Trip involves walking,cycling and Moped ride (Shared)
– Rental of bike and bicycle are subject to availability Mumbai travelers try their best to arrange the same. However – – In case of non availability we will arrange alternate mode Local Rickshaw.
1. Daily Breakfast and Dinner
2. 07 Nights accommodation in Home-stays or Tents or Hotel or similar Double or Triple sharing basis
3. All Transfers between from Manali to Manali
4. Guide and & Entry fees
5. An experienced backpacking expert & a Friend who will help you take the hassle out of your travel .
1. Lunch for all days
2. Airfare / Trainfare for Mumbai Delhi-Mumbai
3. Camera Charges
4. Personal Expenses
5. Taxes as applicable
6. Anything other than mentioned above inclusions
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if youve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
*Free consultation and assistance from packing your backpack to choosing lens for your Camera (pre or post trip extended days)
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Gov approved Id proof Compulsory ( NO Pan Card)
2. A small Backpack (Avoid Suitcases)
3. A Day Bag to hold camera and essential during sightseeing .
4. Beachwear in case you decide to swim or enjoy water sports.
5. Torch (Must)
6. Personal Medicines If any
7. Cap, Shades, Sun-screen etc.
8. Sport shoes or Good quality Floaters
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Sanitary Kit
11. Mosquito Repellent
FAQs For Backpacking Trips
1. What’s the age range of the Group trip
– We have travelers from all the groups of age. Since this is an offbeat backpacking travelling community, The majority of travelers are between the age group of 20-40 belonging from various professional sectors.
2. I am travelling solo for the first time . how can i expect my experience to be
– Most of our travelers here are solo . No one has a prior acquaintance with anybody other than on the community. It is going to be like the first day of school or college or office, excitement of meeting new people with the thrill of the trip. Do not expect anything less than an adventure. Absolutely, that’s the beauty of small group travel. You will make friends quickly and your Tour lead will become a good source of support to you along the way too!
3. Are single traveler mainly male or female
Most of our trips split pretty evenly down gender lines. We average roughly 60:40 female-to-males, so youll never feel outnumbered.
4. How can i be sure i am safe
– We follow a set of safety rules to make your travel experience physically and mentally safe. Our team is well trained and equipped to handle any kind of situations. Also we send precaution note for most of our trips couple of days
5. What if i want room to myself
The fun of travelling in groups is sharing of rooms. We recommend that you share the room with fellow travelers for better bonding and understanding. Somehow, if you wish to have a separate room anyway, that can be possible for additional amount depending upon the accommodation.
6. How much freedom do i have during a Backpacking trip
Every trip has an well designed itinerary to make most out of the destination or event. Group travel are all about experiences . However If any point of time, you feel like exploring the things by yourself or would like to skip a day at stay back apart from set Itinerary, you have the freedom to do so yes only after consulting with tour Lead (Remember Traveler adhere the additional cost if any 😉 ). Not everybody likes museums like no everyone enjoys shopping.
Essential Checklist :
Our number one piece of advice is: collect everything you think you need
Almost everyone brings far too much stuff. We like to travel light. However, everyone has different wants and needs, so make sure you bring the stuff that makes you happy when travelling!
1. Should i bring Backpack or Suitcase
– Either is completely fine! Personally, we would recommend a backpack as it easier to carry around when going from trains to boats (and easier to lift above your head when standing knee-deep in water ;)).
2. Parents often worry about the safety of their progeny. This is completely understandable.
– Its why a group tour is ideal for any first-time traveller you are mostly in the company of other travellers, so are far less likely to get into trouble than if you were travelling solo. We try to ensure the safety of all our travellers, however we are also against the babysitting approach of other tour companies. This means a healthy amount of individual space, with a base understanding that everyone is a self-sufficient, responsible adult.
3. What are accommodation like
During the tour you will be staying in varied places (one being the night train! during travel). However, most nights you will be staying in twin or Triple rooms/Hostels/Havelis/Nature Camps etc.. with a fellow Travellers. Our accommodation are comfortable and safe and we strive to get you guys in the best locations so some mornings youll be waking up on a lake, and others right on the beach!
4. How fit do I need to be
You dont have to be an athlete to travel with us all walks and activities are optional and there is something for everyone.
5. Do I need to bring a sleeping bag or mosquito net
You dont need to bring a sleeping bag unless informed but a sleeping bag liner/ inner is advisable. You don’t need to bring a mosquito net but we do recommend getting bug repellent
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh