Spiti – The Middle Land between India & Tibet !!
About Spiti Valley Expedition in Winter:
Looking for the ideal detox from the digital world? Then pack your bags and head off to the magnificent Himalayan valley of Spiti in winter. The snow-covered gorges, frozen lakes, and icy deserts are sure to thrill you in this extreme offbeat tour. Visit apple orchards in Kalpa, explore the Nako-Tabo- Kaza route, ascend to Dhankar Monastery, and experience true homely hospitality at Kibber Village.
Chances of road blocks due to heavy snow fall means we follow a flexible itinerary that is customized on spot to suit each travellers comfort and safety. Experience the true thrill of adventure as you embark on sightseeing in -20 degree Celsius temperatures. Shed off the tourist tag and come be a true traveller and an explorer. The perfect cure for the chaos of city life indeed.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates : 02nd-10th March 2019
Duration : 08 Nights / 09 Days
Category : Offbeat Tours (Moderate)
Tour Starts at : Chandigarh
Tour Ends at : Chandigarh
Day 01 : Chandigarh – Sarahan
Early morning arrival at Chandigarh and proceed towards Sarahan. Evening arrival at Sarahan and visit Bhimakali Temple and its surroundings. Overnight in Homestay at Sarahan.
Day 02 : Sarahan – Kalpa
After early breakfast proceed towards Kalpa. Evening visit Roghi village and Suicide point. Enjoy the mesmerizing view of Kinner Kailash from Kalpa. Overnight in Homestay.
Day 03 : Kalpa – Kaza
After early breakfast proceed towards Kaza via old Hindustan – Tibet Road. En route visit Nako town and lake further we move towards and explore Tabo town and ancient monastery of Tabo. Late evening arrival at Kaza (Headquarter of Spiti). Overnight in Homestay
Day 04 : Kaza – Langza – Hikkim – Komic – Kaza
After breakfast proceed to explore the places around Spiti which covers famous lord Buddha statue overlooking Langza village, Komic village and its monastery (known as highest monastery in the world) and HIkkim the village where the highest post office in the world is located. Explore the spitian lifestyle and culture. Evening back to Kaza and overnight in Homestay.
Day 05 : Kaza – Ki Monastery – Kibber – Chichum – Kaza
After breakfast proceed to explore Ki Monastery, Kibber Village a home of Snow Leopard and hanging bridge which connect Chichum to rest of the world. Evening free time to explore Kaza Town. Overnight in Homestay.
Day 06 : Kaza
Leisure day at Kaza to explore town and its surroundings. Overnight in Homestay
Day 07 : Kaza – Sangla
After early breakfast start our journey towards Sangla. En route halt at many photogenic places. Overnight in Sangla.
Day 08 : Sangla – Chitkul – Narkanda
After breakfast visit Chitkul village (a last village in Indo-Tibet border) and then proceed towards Narkanda. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 09 : Narkanda – Chandigarh
After breakfast proceed towards Chandigarh.
Tour ends with Happy Memories :D
Tour Price : Rs.32,000/- per person + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.31,500/- per member + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. Transfers & Sightseeing by Innova / Scorpion / Tempo Traveller
2. 08 Nights accommodation in Homestays / Std Hotels on double sharing basis.
3. Daily Breakfast & Dinner.
4. Experienced Tour Leader and local resource person.
1. Lunch and other snacks.
3. Packaged drinking water.
4. Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
5. Cost arises due to heavy snow/rainfall, landslides, riots or any other manmade or natural Calamities.
6. Flight / Train Tickets.
7. Medical and other expenses
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Proof Compulsory
1. Hat / Cap.
2. Woolen cap / Balaclava
3. Warm Scarf, Pair of Woolen Gloves
4. Round neck T-shirts (min 3)
5. Fleece Sweatshirt / Sweater (min 1)
6. Windproof Jacket (min 1)
7. Leggings from a Track-suit, min 01 pair, shorts
8. Pair of sturdy sports shoes with rubber sole
9. Cotton Socks, Woolen Socks, min 03 pairs each
10. Thermal Inners, Lower & Upper, (min 2)
11. Raincoat / Poncho (min 1)
12. Torch with spare batteries, (min 1)
13. Sunscreen lotion, min 30 SPF, Toiletries
14. Medicines as specified by doctor
15. Camera, Cam charger, Mobile Charger.
1. Is this tour is easy?
Ans. No, its not going to be an easy tour. it comes under moderate to difficult category
2. Are schedule hectic?
Ans. The schedule is not hectic. We try to keep it as relax as we can but the roads in Spiti Speically in winters are bad and so on the weather is, so these elements makes this tour hectic sometimes
3. What kind of accommodation you will be providing in this tour?
Ans. we are prviding Hotels at Shimla and Kalpa only. At Tabo and Kaza we are going stay in Home stays only. But in Home-stays though the rooms are self contained we cannot use washrooms due freezing cold. We have to use dry toilets sometimes.
4. Are the accommodation is on twin sharing?
Ans. In Hotel we provide stay on twin sharing but in home-stays there might be triple sharing accommodation.
5. Why we are not using Innova or similar luxury in this tour?
Ans. Innova and other vehicles has a very low ground clearance and in winters these vehicle are not suggested in Spiti. we are providing 12 seater comfortable Tempo Traveler which has good ground clearance and enough power to run in the treacherous terrain of Spiti
6. Why lunch is not included in the cost?
Ans. In this tour We are on te go every day and there is not preset lunch halts. We take lunch at stand alone dhabas where the menu is very limited.
7. Do we need to take Dimox for acclimatization?
Ans. Taking diamox or similar medicine is not necessary but carry it for emergency purpose
8. Are there any chances of heavy snowfall which disturb out schedule?
Ans. Yes, We are exploring Spiti in winters and there are maximum chances that our schedule might get disturbed due to uncertain weather condition
9. What are necessary precaution one needs to take?
Ans. We must prepare well to face any uncertain situation and also suggest you to book your return train / flight tickets after a couple of days (for the safer side)
10. Do we get heaters in room?
Ans. Not everywhere, as sometimes there is no electricity in winters at several locations
11. Can we get Jain / Veg food in tour?
Ans. No Jain food will be provided in this tour but you can get simple veg food for sure
12. Whats is the approximate temperature in Spiti?
Ans. Maximum temperature is 20 degree Celsius and minimum it goes up to -5 degree Celsius
For More details, contact us on email@example.com Or 08692086927 / 08692055777 / 09619104986 / 08692022777
unique journeys … unique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh