Spiti ? The Middle Land between India & Tibet !!
About Spiti Valley Expedition in Winter?:
Looking for the ideal detox from the digital world? Then pack your bags and head off to the magnificent Himalayan valley of Spiti in winter. The snow-covered gorges,frozen lakes, and icy deserts are sure to thrill you in this extreme offbeat tour. Visit apple orchards in Kalpa, explore the Nako-Tabo- Kaza route, ascend to Dhankar Monastery, and experience true homely hospitality at Kibber Village.
Chances of road blocks due to heavy snow fall means we follow a flexible itinerary that is customized on spot to suit each travellers comfort and safety. Experience the true thrill of adventure as you embark on sightseeing in -20 degree Celsius temperatures. Shed off the tourist tag and come be a true traveller and an explorer. The perfect cure for the chaos of city life indeed.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :?20th-28th?January 2018
Duration : 08 Nights / 09 Days
Category : offbeat Tours (Moderate)
Route : Chandigarh – Shimla – Kalpa – Tabo – Kaza – Kalpa – Shimla – Chandigarh
Day 01 : 20th January 2018
Chandigarh – Shimla (98 kms – 05 Hrs) :?Arrival at Chandigarh Airport/ Railway Station (03:00 pm) and start proceed towards Shimla. Late evening arrival at Hotel. Overnight at Shimla.
Day? 02 :?21st January 2018?
Shimla – Kalpa (230 kms – 10 hrs) :?After early breakfast we start our jounry towards Kalpa. A journey picturesque along with roaring Sutlej river. En route we halt at various photogenic spots. Late evening arrival at Hotel. Overnight at Kalpa.
Day 03 :?22nd January 2018
Kalpa – Tabo (150 Kms – 07 hrs)?:?Enjoy the breathtaking view of Kinner Kailash considered as winter residence of Lord Shiva. Post breakfast we start our journey towards Tabo. Today’s journey is on world treacherous roads this road is called as old Indo – Tibet road. En route we halt for lunch at Nako the last village of Kinnaur region. If time & weather permits we also explore Giu Monastery. Late evening arrival at Tabo. Overnight in Homestay.
Day 04 :?23rd?January 2018
Tabo – Mud – Kaza (140 Kms – 10 hrs) :?After early breakfast we set for a journey. Today we are going to explore beautiful Pin Valley, this valley is declared as a national park in 1987 which is a home to atleast 12 engendered snow leopards and many other indigenous animals. We try to reach till Mud village which is the last motor-able village in Pin valley and base of many Himalayan treks. Late evening arrival at Kaza. Overnight in Homestay.
Day 05 : 24th January 2018
Kaza – Ki – Kibber – Chichum bridge – Kaza (60 Kms – half day ) :?After breakfast we proceed to visit Ki Monastery known as one of the biggest as well as oldest monastery in Spiti region further proceed to visit Kibber village known as highest permanently inhabited village in this region, further visit hanging bridge which connects Chicham village to rest of the world. Evening free time to explore Kaza local market. Overnight at Kaza in homestay.
Day 06 : 25th January 2018?
Kaza – Langza – Komik – Hikkim – Kaza (50 Kms – half day) :?Today we are going to explore highest inhabited villages in the world. First we visit Langza village and its famous Buddha statue after that proceed to Komic highest motor-able village in the world. Lastly we take halt at Hikkim where the highest post office in the world is located. Post a letter to your loved one this is a must to do activity and then come back to Kaza. Evening leisure time at Kaza.
Overnight in Homestay.
Day 07 : 26th January 2018?
Kaza – Kalpa (200 kms – 10 hrs) :?After early breakfast start our journey towards Kalpa. en route we take halt at the those place where we missed while going. Late evening arrival at Kalpa. Overnight at Hotel
Day 08 : 27th January 2018
Kalpa – Shimla (230 kms – 10 hrs) :?After breakfast proceed towards Shimla. A journey took us back to famous tourist destination. Overnight at Shimla.
Day 09 : 28th January 2018
After breakfast proceed towards Chandigarh. Drop at Railway Station / Airport.
Tour ends with Happy Memories :D
Tour Price?:?Rs.28,000/- per person + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members :?Rs.27,500/- per member + Tax as applicable
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT?OF RS.1,000/- PER HEAD (Valid till 19th November 2017)
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. Accommodation in Hotels/ Homestays on twin/triple sharing basis
2. Daily Breakfast & Dinner at Hotels/ Homestays only
3. Comfortable non ac Tempo Traveler for the entire itinerary
4. Expert Leader
5. Entry Fees & Monument Charges wherever necessary
1. Any transfer till Chandigarh & back
2. Daily Lunch
3. Any personal expenses like Laundy bill, table bill, Tips, Camera fees. Gratitude
4. Any medical / rescue evacuation due to mishaps like bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control
5. Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks etc (to be borne by the clients directly on the spot.)
6. Taxes as applicable
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if youve booked within the last 15 days of Tour?
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Proof Compulsory
1. Hat / Cap.
2. Woolen cap / Balaclava
3. Warm Scarf, Pair of Woolen Gloves
4. Round neck T-shirts (min 3)
5. Fleece Sweatshirt / Sweater (min 1)
6. Windproof Jacket (min 1)
7. Leggings from a Track-suit, min 01 pair, shorts
8. Pair of sturdy sports shoes with rubber sole
9. Cotton Socks, Woolen Socks, min 03 pairs each
10. Thermal Inners, Lower & Upper, (min 2)
11. Raincoat / Poncho (min 1)
12. Torch with spare batteries, (min 1)
13. Sunscreen lotion, min 30 SPF, Toiletries
14. Medicines as specified by doctor
15. Camera, Cam charger, Mobile Charger.
1. Is this tour is easy?
Ans. No, its not going to be an easy tour. it comes under moderate to difficult category
2. Are schedule hectic?
Ans. The schedule is not hectic. We try to keep it as ralax as we can but the roads in spiti speically in winters are bad and so on the weather is, so these elements makes this tour hectic sometimes
3. What kind of accommodation you will beproviding in this tour?
Ans. we are prviding Hotels at Shimla and Kalpa only. At Tabo and Kaza we are going stay in Homestays only. But in Homestays though the rooms are self contained we cannot use washrooms due freezing cold. We have to use dry toilets sometimes.
4. Are the acoommodation is on twin sharing?
Ans. In Hotel we provide stay on twin sharing but in homestays there might be triple sharing accommodation.
5. Why we are not using Innova or similar luxuryin this tour?
Ans. Innova and other vehicles has a very low ground clearance and in winters these vehicle are not suggested in Spiti. we are providing 12 seater comofrtable Tempo Traveler which has good ground clearance and enough power to run in the treacharous terrain of Spiti
6. Why lunch is not included in the cost?
Ans. In this tour We are on te go every day and there is not preset lunch halts. We take lunch at stand alone dhabas where the menu is very limited.
7. Do we need to take Dimox for aclimatization?
Ans. Taking diamox or similar medicine is not necessary but carry it for emergency purpose
8. Are there any chances of heavy snowfall which disturb out schedule?
Ans. Yes, We are exploring Spiti in winters and there are maximum chancea that our schedule might get distubed due to uncertain weather condition
9. What are necessary precaution one needs to take?
Ans. We must prepare well to face any uncertain situation and also suggest you to book your return train / flight tickets after a couple of days (for the safer side)
10. Do we get heaters in room?
Ans. Not everywhere, as sometimes there is no electricity in winters at several locations
11. Can we get Jain / Veg food in tour?
Ans. No jain food will be provided in this tour but you can get simple veg food for sure
12. Whats is the approximate temperature in Spiti
Ans. Maximum temperature is 20 degree Celsius and minimum it goes upto -5 degree Celsius
For More details, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org Or 08692055777 / 09619104986 / 08692022777
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group :?https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page :?https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Mobile App :?http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh