In search of Old Silk Route !!
About North & East Sikkim Tour :
Since ancient times Old Silk Route played an important role in world trade. This route is the only connection between Asia, Europe and Africa. It is considered as World’s first information superhighway as due to this route only exchange of ideas can be possible between Asia and other continents. Silk Route came from Lhasa (Tibet) and enters into India in east Sikkim region near Jelep la further move towards Kupup, Zuluk and proceed towards West Bengal. Witness this ancient trade route with Mumbai Travellers along with visit of northern part of Sikkim which covers Gurudongmar Lake, Yumthang Valley, Lachen and Gangtok cities.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 11th-18th November 2017
Batch 02 : 26th May-03rd June 2018
Category : Special Leisure Tour
Duration : 08 Nights / 09 Days
Day 1 : Mumbai to Reshikhola
Arrival at Bagdogra Airport and proceed towards Reshikhola. Late evening arrival at Riverside cottage of Reshikhola. Leisure time. Overnight at Reshikhola.
Day 2 : Reshikhola-Zuluk
After breakfast proceed towards Zuluk, en route we will hault at Rongli for innerline permits and then move ahead towards Zuluk. Evening leisure time to explore Zuluk village. Overnight at Zuluk. (for acclimatization)
Day 3 : Zuluk
After breakfast proceed for a sightseeing of Thambi View Point, Zig Zag Road of Silk Route and Gnathang Valley. Evening return back to Zuluk. Overnight at Zuluk
Day 4 : Zuluk – Gangtok
Early morning proceed towards Nathula Pass en route visit Famous sunrise point near gnathan where you can see breathtaking reflection of sun on Mount Kanchenjhonga. Further visit Baba Harbhajan Temple (Old & New), Kupup Village near Border where you can get to see Highest Golf Course and Ice Hockey ground. Visit Nathula Pass and Tsomngo Lake. Late evening arrival at Gangtok. Overnight at Gangtok.
Day 5 : Gangtok – Lachen
After breakfast start journey towards North Sikkim. Today’s destination is Lachen, en-route halt at Chungthang for lunch. Evening roam around in this beautiful Hamlet and gets acclimatize. Overnight at Lachen.
Day 6 : Lachen – Gurudongmar Lake – Lachung
Early morning proceed to visit very beautiful Gurudongmar lake located at an altitude of 17,100 ft. Further drive through cold desert till Tibet border and back to Lachen by lunch. Post lunch proceed towards Lachung, the place famous for Rhododendron forest. Overnight at Lachung.
Day 7 : Lachung-Yumthang-Gangtok
After breakfast visit beautiful Yumthang Valley and by evening return to Gangtok. Overnight at Gangtok.
Day 8 : Gangtok
Today, proceed for local sightseeing of Gangtok. Overnight at Gangtok.
Day 9 : Gangtok – Bagdogra
After proceed to Bagdogra from Gangtok. Drop at Airport.
Tour ends with Happy Memories :D
Tour Price : Rs.29,999/- per person + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.29,299/- per member + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
- 08 Nights / 09 days accommodation in deluxe hotels/tents on twin sharing basis
- Breakfast and Dinner throughout the tour
- Transfers and sightseeing by SUV or similar
- Inner line permits and permissions
- Entry tickets and guide charges, wherever necessary
- Experienced expert and leader
- Any transfer till Bagdogra and back. (Train/Airways/ Roadways)
- Any personal orders like lunch, soft/hard drinks and mineral water on tour.
- Any personal expenses like Laundry Bills, Table Bills, Camera Fees, Tips or gratitude.
- Any medical / rescue evacuation due to mishaps like bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks etc (to be borne by the clients directly on the spot.)
- Anything other than above mention inclusions
- Taxes as applicable.
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
- 08 Nights / 09 days accommodation in deluxe hotels/tents on twin sharing basis
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Proof Compulsory
1. Hat / Cap.
2. Woolen cap / Balaclava
3. Warm Scarf, Pair of Woolen Gloves
4. Round neck T-shirts (min 3)
5. Fleece Sweatshirt / Sweater (min 1)
6. Windproof Jacket (min 1)
7. Leggings from a Track-suit, min 01 pair, shorts
8. Pair of sturdy sports shoes with rubber sole
9. Cotton Socks, Woolen Socks, min 03 pairs each
10. Thermal Inners, Lower & Upper, (min 2)
11. Raincoat / Poncho (min 1)
12. Torch with spare batteries, (min 1)
13. Sunscreen lotion, min 30 SPF, Toiletries
14. Medicines as specified by doctor
15. Camera, Cam charger, Mobile Charger.
What kind of of Hotels you are going to provide in it ?
-We are providing Deluxe Category Hotels in it on Double / Triple sharing basis
Is this tour schedule hectic?
-Yes, it’s a bit hectic as we are exploring unexplored destinations; we have to cover targeted distance in a day to complete a tour in a give time duration
How many Female Travellers will be travelling ?
-Generally for every outing we have 40% girls count at times we get 60-70% girls on tour. So girls seems to be exploring the world more !!
Will there be network there?
-Generally we don’t get networks on such destinations as this places are untouched and are far away from human disturbance. But there are few destinations where you get networks, so you can consider few exceptions.
Will you assist us with train/flight bookings ?
-We don’t assist with such bookings but we have a very professional Ticketing agent who can help you with any mode of transport bookings you can get in touch with him directly: Alok Singh : 08097327743
What will be weather of the place we are travelling to ?
-As we are fortunate to get birth in India, we have three different seasons accordingly you can prepare yourself for the event. But human disturbance has caused unwanted weather at times, if such is the case you will be informed about the weather 2 days in advance of the outing date.
I am Jain, so will you be able to arrange Jain food for me ?
-Most of the Hotels do provide Jain food. But as the its locally traditionalist destinations we cannot assure you that you will get complete Jain meal at all the destinations
How will be the transport arrangements ?
-The type of vehicle depends upon the batch size. Mostly it will be wither a tempo traveler Or Innova. But we make sure private vehicle are provided.
Why lunch is not included in the tour cost ?
– Lunch is not included because its not a routine travel destination so preset food booking is not available. There are lots of stand alone dhaba’s en route where we going to stop for lunch so you will get a chance to taste local food as per your choice and food is lot cheaper as compared to preset lunch.
Can I get room on twin sharing ?
-Definitely yes, but it will be on extra cost and as per availability. One needs to inform us well in advance.
What does quadruple or Triple sharing means ?
-Quadruple sharing means 4 travellers will be sharing in one room and triple means travellers sharing one room, extra mattress will be provided accordingly.
What is tentative arrival & departure time ?
-It will be communicated to you mail only.
What all things to carry ?
-Every tour has different things to carry list depend on the season as well. It is mentioned on the itinerary itself on the website. So you can go through it before registering for the tour
What is the Age group of travelers joining the tour?
-Normally travelers of all age group travel with us as Journey of Travel is not limited to any specific age. To be specific for bike expeditions, we strictly allow 18+ experienced riders to join.
Who will be leading the tour ?
-The leader’s details with contact number will be mailed to you all a week prior the tour.
Is everyone coming in group and I will be travelling alone ?
-We get many individual registrations and few group registrations also, so no need to worry you will make some really good friends on event you won’t be left alone.
What is the group size ?
-The group size will be min 10 to max 20
Are the entry fees included ?
-Please check the inclusions and exclusions list.
How much baggage we need to carry ?
-Carry all required things with minimum baggage. As its an long tours one need to carry your luggage accordingly as we are travelling from one place to other everyday.
Can we get a discount for 02 People ?
-You will only get a discount for a group size of minimum group of 05 people. You may also register as Lifetime Member to avail the discounts on such trips.
Is the flight / train cost included ?
– No, The flight / train cost are excluded from the tour cost.
For More details, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org Or 08692055777 / 09619104986 / 08692022777
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh