Explore the Land of Fairy Tales-Sangla Valley !!
About Sangla Valley Offbeat Tour :
Your discovery of the lesser-known Himalayas can begin at the Sangla Valley. Resting in the lap of mighty Himalayan range nestled at an altitude of 9000ft above the sea-level on the right bank of Baspa river in the Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh is the most enchanting less-travelled Sangla valley. Baspa Valley (more popularly known as ‘Sangla Valley’) is a nature lover’s delight.
The Sangla, or Baspa, Valley is a deeply carved cleft between burly mountain slopes, where evergreen forests rise to alpine meadows crowned by snowy summits. It is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful valleys that you would ever have come across in The Himalayas. Villages here feature houses and temples built in traditional Kinnauri timber-and-stone-style. Intoxicating views of snow clad peaks towering above 6000 meters, cedar and pine forests, apple orchards, and aqua green Baspa river mesmerize you in no time. This trip not only gives you an opportunity to explore the mesmerizing natural beauty of Sangla Valley, but as we move through the villages you also get to interact with natives and get an insight into Kinnauri traditions and lifestyle.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Category : Offbeat Tour
Duration : 07 Nights / 08 Days
Route : Shimla – Kalpa – Sangla – Rampur – Chandigarh
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 23rd-30th September 2017
Batch 02 : 21st-28th April 2018
HIGHLIGHTS OF TOUR
1. Kalpa : Breathtaking view of Mt. Kinnaur Kailash
2. Reckong Peo : District Headquarter of Kinnaur region
3. Sangla : Beautiful Valley in Kinnaur
4. Chitkul : Last village on Indo – Tibet border
5. Sarahan : Famous Bheemakali Temple
6. Shimla : Queen of Hill Station
Day 1 : Chandigarh to Shimla (112 Km – 3 Hours)
Welcome to Chandigarh. A Pick up is waiting for you. We are heading to Shimla . Overnight Stay at Shimla.
Day 2 : Shimla to Kalpa
Day and Tour Starts with morning drive to mesmerizing Kalpa one of the biggest and beautiful villages of Kinnaur.. Enroute visit Reckong Peo.
Reckong Peo or Peo which is known as the Land of the Gods is an amazing showcase of the splendor which Himalayas present. Reckong Peo is a serene town in the center of the great Himalayas which is well-known for its apple orchards. Evening reach Kalpa .
Day 3 : Kalpa Sight-seeing
Today, we visit remote Rogi and Chini Village as we enjoy the breathtaking view of Kinnaur Kailash (6050 meters height) considered as sacred by both Hindu and Buddhist Kinnauris from these places.
Day 4 : Kalpa to Sangla Valley
Early morning start your drive through the heaven of North; Sangla Valley. En-route visit historical Kamroo Fort which is believed to be one of the oldest monument in Himachal Pradesh-Overnight Stay at Sangla.
Fort is dignified architectural piece and is known to be quite a remarkable structure. Later Rakcham village awaits us a relatively unknown place, located midway between Sangla and Chitkul. The beauty of this small village with a population of hardly 800.
Day 5 : Sangla Valley – Chitkul – Sangla Valley
Morning we hop in our ride again as we head further towards Indo – Tibet Border to Chitkul. This place is located on the banks of Baspa River and is the last inhabited village near the Indo-Tibet border. Evening, return back to Sangla
Chitkul is the last inhabited village on the Indo-Tibet border and lies deep within the Kinnaur Valley. Like a doorway opening into vast, windy landscape of serene beauty, a curve around a small hill and you see this majestic and beautiful valley.
Day 6 : Sangla Valley to Sarahan or Narkanda
Today, we are in Rampur Bushahr . En-route visit Wangto and The Famous Bheemakali Temple, this architectural wonder is one of the representatives of 51 Shakti Peeths.
Known for its unique the style of architecture showcasing both Hinduism and Buddhism culture.
Early Evening we explore Sarahan a beautiful hamlet located in the Sutlej Valley and Overnight Stay at Rampur.
Day 7 : Sarahan or Narkanda to Chandigarh
Post Breakfast we Depart back to Chandigarh. You are free to explore Chandigarh in evening.Overnight in Chandigarh.
Day : Back to Mumbai
Bid Adieu! A drop to Ambala Station / Chandigarh Airport is arranged for you. A Return Journey with happy memories.
Tour Price : Rs.26,000/- per person+ Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.25,400/- per member + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. Accommodation in Hotels/Camps on Twin Sharing basis
2. Daily Breakfast and Dinner
3. All Transfers and Sightseeing in Non AC Vehicle
4. Guide and Expertise Charges
5. Entry fees wherever necessary
1. Any transfer to Chandigarh and back
2. Any personal orders like lunch, soft/hard drinks and mineral water on tour
3. Any personal expenses like Laundry Bills, Table Bills, Camera Fees, Tips or gratitude
4. Any medical / rescue evacuation due to mishaps like bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control
5. Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks etc (to be borne by the clients directly on the spot.)
6. Taxes as applicable.
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to carry: ID Proof Compulsory
- Extra Clothes
- Winter Wear
- Woole scarf, socks, gloves etc
- Water Bottle & dry snacks
- Personal first Aid kit
- Cap, goggle, sunscreen, moisturizer etc
- Sport Shoes or Good Quality Floaters
- Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang(must)
- Rucksack to carry all this thing. (No handbags or jholas)
- Camera/Binoculars (Optional)
- Sanitary Kit, toiletries etc
For More FAQs, please visit this link : www.mumbaitravellers.in/faq/
For Registrations mail us at email@example.com
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh