Land of Tigers-Tadoba Tiger Reserve !!
About the Tadoba National Park :
Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve is the pristine and unique eco-system situated in the Chandrapur district of the Maharashtra State of India. The Reserve contains some of the best of forest tracks and is endowed with rich biodiversity. It is famous for its natural heritage and the name Tadoba is derived from the tribal god named Taru which is worshipped by the tribal and Andhari comes from the Andhari river which flows through the park. The core area of the Reserve is 625 sq.km. This includes Tadoba National Park, created in 1955 with an area of 116.55 sq. km. and Andhari Wildlife Sanctuary created in 1986 with an area of 508.85 sq. km. The core zone of Tadoba has 6 gates and the buffer zone has 6 gates. Both core and buffer forest areas are extremely rich in flora and fauna and shelters a huge population of majestic Tigers. This tour is specially designed to cover maximum all the gates of Tadoba Core and Buffer zone.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 8th-13th April 2019
Category : Wildlife
Duration : 05 Nights / 06 Days
Onward Journey : 12289 Mumbai-Nagpur Duronto Express
Return Journey : 12290 Nagpur-Mumbai Duronto Express
Onward Journey : Air India – 5.45 am – 7.20 am
Return Journey : Indigo- 8.25 pm – 9.55 pm Or Air India – 9.05 pm – 10.35 pm
Note* : You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train / flight booking, we will be happy to help you.
Day 1 : Drive of 2.5 hrs (112 KM) Nagpur to Navegaon
Arrive at Nagpur by 7.30 to 8.00 am. Leave for Navegaon gate of Tadoba National Park . Check in at the resort. Post lunch leave for 1st Tiger safari of the tour. Post dinner rest at the resort. (Navegaon Gate )
Day 2 : Drive of 1 hr (35Kms) Navegaon to Kolara
Early morning leave for our 2nd safari from Alizanza Buffer near Navegaon gate. Post-safari leave for Kolara gate which is 35 kms away from Navegaon gate. Check in at the resort, post lunch leave for our 3rd Wildlife safari from Madnapur buffer. Reach back resort and then we will be having a small session on wildlife photography. Later have dinner and rest for the day.
Day 3 : Drive of 2.5 hrs (90Kms) Kolara to Zhari Kolsa
Early morning leave for our 4th safari to the core zone via Kolara gate. Post Safari freshen up and check out to leave for our next destination, the less travelled zone of Tadoba – Kolsa zone. Reach Zhari gate, check in at the resort and rest till lunch. Post lunch leave for our 5th safari via Zhari gate of Kolsa(Core Zone). Evening back to resort and rest. Post dinner small experience sharing session, lights out and rest for the day.
Day 4 : Drive of 1.5 hrs (53 Kms) Kolsa to Mohurli
Early morning leave for our 6th safari to the core zone via Zhari gate. Post Safari freshen up and check out to leave for our next destination, the most famous gate of Tadoba – Mohurli gate. Check in at Resort and have lunch. Post lunch leave for our 7th safari which will be from Mohurli gate (core zone). Enjoy the wilderness of Tadoba. Back to resort. We will have a small information sharing session on this day. Have dinner and rest for the day.
Day 5 :
Early morning leave for our 8th safari in the most beautiful zone of Tadoba named as Agarzari gate. Enjoy birding as well as tracking some tigers in this zone. Reach back resort and post lunch leave for our 9th safari via Khutwanda gate. Post dinner enjoy the experience sharing session of the tour before our last safari next day.
Day 6 :
Early morning leave for our last safari to the core via Agarzari gate of Tadoba. Explore your last safari to the core, try to make the best out of it. Reach back resort, freshen up and pack up for the trip. Post lunch, leave back for Nagpur with some great sightings and memories to cherish.
Tour concludes with a great ending !!
Transportation : Self Driven / Cost Sharing Basis at Actual
Ever imagined covering all the zones of Tadoba in your own car, driving through those buffer zones. Now it’s the best part of this expedition that you can come self driven or even can hop in to a co-traveller’s car on cost sharing basis.
This would reduce your travel cost substantially, offer you a memorable driving experience and deliver plenty of fun moments with your new wildlife friends during the serene journey.
So gear up for this rustic journey. For more details regarding transportation for this tour, do get in touch with us.
1. Costings are subject to change in case of any alternations in forest fees, union fees, guide charges etc.
2. This marathon is an extensive journey in peak summer, the safaris would be exhaustive.
3. Internal transfers during the tour will be at actual on sharing basis.
4. Service taxes as per Government (5%) will be additional on the total tour price.
Tour Price : Rs.38,800/- per person+ Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Member : Rs.38,000/- per member+ Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. 05 Nights/ 06 Days Accommodation at Resort on Twin Sharing Basis in AC Rooms.
2. All Meals as per mentioned in the Itinerary. (B – breakfast, L- lunch, D- dinner)
3. 10 Open Gypsy Safaris in core & buffer Zones of Tadoba.
4. All forest permits and Guide Charges.
5. 10 Open Gypsy Safaris in Core & Buffer Zones of Tadoba on 6 people sharing basis.
6. Expertise charges.
1. Transportation / Internal transfers during the tour will be at actual on cost sharing basis
2. Transfer from Mumbai to Mumbai
3. Meals during the train/flight/ transfer journey
4. Lens/Camera charges
5. Any personal orders, laundry, phone calls.
6. Any other charges, tips and gratitude.
7. Anything other than mentioned above.
8. Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities or sudden changes in forest fees, permits etc
9. Other tolls
10. Taxes as applicable
Note*Accommodation on twin single sharing available on request.(Nominal charges to be paid by the participant as applicable)
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
1. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded.
2. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
3. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
4. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded.
5. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Card Compulsory (Aadhar/ Pancard/DL)
1. Dull Colored Clothes (Please don’t wear Bright colored Clothes, TRY TO GET AS CAMOUFLAGED AS POSSIBLE)
2. Sanitary Kit
3. Dry Food (snacks)
4. Torch (Must)
5. Personal First Aid kit.
6. Cap, goggle, sunscreen, moisturizer etc..
7. Sport shoes or Kitos/ sandal
8. Electral powder / Glucon D
9. Binocular/Camera with lenses (Optional)
10. Water Bottle (3 liter must)
11. Odomos (Mosquito Repellent)
12. Tripod will be helpful to avoid shake as there will be low light
13. Umbrella or Poncho/Cap
FAQ’s For WILDLIFE SAFARI:
1. How many people will be there in Gypsy for a safari tour?
– All wildlife safaris will have 6 pax in one gypsy (Unless otherwise mentioned particularly regarding 4 or 3 sharing)
2. Can I get a Safari on 4 sharing basis?
– Definitely yes, but it will be on extra cost and you need to inform us well in advance.
3. What is the Child policy for Wildlife Safaris?
– A child above 05 years of age is considered as an adult for any safari permit all over India. Children below 05 years of age exempted from any safari costs and can travel free of charge.
4. Are Wildlife Safaris safe?
– Absolutely! Even if all the safaris are carried out in an open gypsy, there is hardly any danger from wildlife when travellers are siting inside the vehicle. Plus on every safari we would have a Forest guide with us along with the gypsy driver and our expert who will help out if any unwanted situation arises.
5. What are the safari timings?
– Safari timings change from season to season in different National Parks depending on the Sunrise and Sunset. Usually a safari lasts for 3-4 hours morning and evening.
Approximately the timings are:
Morning: 6.00 am – 10 am
Afternoon : 3.00 pm – 6 pm
6. What is a Core zone and Buffer Zone ?
– A tourism zone in any National Park is divided into two zones: Core Zone and Buffer Zone. Buffer zone lies around the periphery of core forest area. Most of the tourism/safaris takes place in core zone.
7. What is the best season to do a Wildlife Safari?
– The wildlife safari season starts from October-June. In Winter, from October to March one can have amazing birding opportunities with some migratory birds along with decent Tiger sightings and other mammals. March to May as the summer approaches one can have good tiger sightings along with other mammalian sightings and birding. So if you are a tiger centric wildlifer, we suggest you do a safari from March-May.
8. What are the chances of Tiger Sightings during the safaris?
– Tiger sightings are dependent on tracking skills, knowledge of the forest along with luck & chance. Weather conditions also affect tiger sightings. But all our safari tours are well guided with experts and local guides who help track tigers along with other mammals and birds! This has resulted in extremely successful tiger sighting ratio for us compared to others. We also focus on overall biodiversity and hence we ensure that you take back some unique experiences with you if not tiger sightings!
9. Why does one has to book Wildlife Tours in advance?
– The safari permit booking starts 120 days before the actual travel date and this is governed by the forest department. Plus there is a limited number of gyspy’s that are allowed to enter each gate during every safari session. Hence securing your safari booking before others grab it is very crucial and needs to be done at the earliest.
10. What kind of facilities will be available at the destination we are travelling to?
– Though we are taking you to wilderness places away from luxury, we have ensured that you will get at least all the required basic comforts during the tour. Our resorts in all the wildlife safaris tours are Deluxe Category; comfortable and homely. All resorts are equipped with all amenities like comfortable bedding, hot/cold water, western toiletries, A/C facilities, laundry on request, doctor on call, mineral water, generator backup etc. Along with this, Veg-Non veg meals will be available in buffet style. Jain food provision, Wifi connection and Television are also available at most of the places.
11. What are the camera charges for safaris?
– Some National parks forest permit charge extra camera fees to the travellers who are carrying high-end cameras with telephoto lenses or video cameras for photography and videography. Rules are different for different forests. Eg: In Tadoba: A camera with a lens of 250 mm and above is charged Rs.200 per safari.
12. I’m not a professional photographer or frequent wildlifer…can I still enrol for safari tour?
– Yes, why not?? Every nature lover is welcomed on a safari tour! We feel every traveller must do a wildlife safari at least once in his lifetime! Its an experience that every individual must take in especially when India has such a rich biodiversity and Tiger is our national animal.
13. What are photography opportunities for someone who is keen on wildlife photography and will he/she get guidance for the same?
– All our safari tours are balanced providing ample opportunities for wildlife photography. It not only focuses on tigers but also on other mammalian species, birds, reptiles along with capturing beautiful Landscapes and natural beauty. Our experts also help the participants with guidance and tips for wildlife photography.
14. What will the climate/weather be like in/around the park we will travel to?
– The weather differs from region to region. Winters are usually cool with temperature ranging from 8-20 degrees while Summers are hot and dry with temperatures ranging from 25-45 degrees.
Some Do’s :
* Carry clothes according to the season of the visit. Carry clothes that will help you camouflage with the surroundings.
* Always carry original identity proof.
* Carry a fragrance-free Sunscreen.
* Always keep your phone on silent or aeroplane mode when entering the forest.
* Cover your face with a scarf to protect it from dust.
* Also carry extra batteries, memory cards for camera and cover it to protect the camera from dust, rain etc.
* Always remain calm and composed when any sighting takes place. Remember patience is the only key.
* Your guide/mentor and locals know the area inside the forest better than anyone, so do co-operate with them.
* Do follow strict timings as given by your team leader to avoid delay in any activities as safaris are group events.
* Always respect your local guide/driver and their knowledge about the forest during a safari.
* For herping/monsoon wildlife tours, always carry wind-cheaters, proper clothing and shoes, water-proof bags. Also get rainproof covers for your cameras/binoculars etc.
Some Don’ts :
* Do not litter in forest and surrounding areas.
* Do not throw anything out of the gypsy.
* Do not yell, scream or wave at the animals.
* Do not wear brightly coloured clothes or apply any kind of perfumes or deodorants.
* Never feed any animals.
* Do not play any loud music in the vicinity of the forest area.
* No one is allowed to get down from the gypsy inside the forest.
* Do not argue with any person like forest guards, guides, locals or even travellers from another gypsy during the safari.
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh