About Fireflies festival at Prabalmachi :
Fireflies Festival : We are all set to host one of the most eye-catching outing of this season – The Fireflies Festival. Pre-monsoon climate is the ideal period for fireflies and glow-worms for mating and in pursuit of the mate, hundreds of fireflies gather together on a tree displaying their bio-luminescent lights in the dark nights. Dense forests is just the perfect place for these twinkling creatures for this kind of ritual and this is the exact time when we can experience synchronous twinkling of hundreds of fireflies- one of the most beautiful phenomena in nature.
Batch 01 : 03rd-04th June 2017
Category : Trekking
Duration : 01 Night / 02 Day
Level : Easy
Day 01 : Depart by Local Train & reach Panvel by 06:30 pm. On arrival at Panvel, we will proceed towards Thakurwadi village in Tumtum(auto rickshaws : 8 seater). Have introduction and briefing round. Freshen-up and start ascending. Enjoy the glowing fireflies while ascending till Prabalmachi. We are staying at the villager’s homestay at Prabalmachi village and will have simple homely local food in dinner. Post dinner, wander around for a short night trail for Fireflies activity. Overnight at Prabalmachi.
Day 02 : Morning freshen up at Prabalmachi village followed by breakfast and hot cup of tea. Post breakfast, start descending towards Thakurwadi. Further back to Panvel by local transport. Reach Mumbai by 6 pm.
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories 🙂
Tour Price : Rs.1,350/- per person + Taxes as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.1,300/-per member + Taxes as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
- Transportation from Panvel to Panvel by public transportation.
- Dinner & Breakfast
- Accommodation on dormitory sharing basis
- Expertise and Guide Charges
1. Anything mentioned then above other expenses.
2. Any applicable taxes
3. Any other personal expenses
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Lunch / Dinner as per schedule.
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes – Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication / First Aid kit
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
7. Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. (as per season)
8. Proper Backpack to carry all these things (No handbags, duffle bag or jholas)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Rainwear (Jacket / Ponchos ) or Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters) – (as per season).
11. Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon and plate (if necessary)
12. Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
13. Sleeping bag / mat / bedsheet (as per schedule)
14. Slippers (optional – at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).
1. Alcohol and smoking is strictly disallowed on treks. If found, trekking under influence of drugs or drinks you’ll be barred from the trek. And our responsibility ceases with you.
2. Littering is strictly not allowed on treks. Do not leave empty plastic bottles, biscuit or chocolate wrappers behind. We have to carry our own garbage/leftovers back to the city.
3. Wear proper loose fitting clothes no jeans pants allowed. Try and wear full sleeve top and long bottoms or pants. Will spare you from mosquitoes, insect bites or thorny bushes (your choice).
4. Talk to the native villagers gently and give respect to them. Cause we are their guests.
5. Do not carry lots of cash, gold or any valuables. We are not responsible for the loss.
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh