Spread your wings and soar high in the sky…!!
About Paragliding in Kamshet :
Conquer the sky to expand your horizons and face your fears by taking the adventurer in you a notch higher. After all, sky is the limit! It has been a dream of humans since ages to fly like a bird and paragliding sport is akin to a bird’s flight. It is a sport that gives you euphoria of being high up in the sky. Moreover, people who are not experts can still enjoy the sport by partaking tandem paragliding. Besides, Mumbaikars don’t need to go till Himachal to experience the thrill, as many paragliding tours near Mumbai are available. Paragliding near Mumbai takes place in Kamshet, where you can enjoy a tandem flight, looking over a vast expanse of nature or pristine Pawna Lake.
P.S. – You can take a paragliding tour package in two seasons. Mid – November to March, it is done over tower hill and post March, paragliding activity is done over scenic Pawna Lake!
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 13th January 2019
Batch 02 : 27th January 2019
Batch 03 : 10th February 2019
Batch 04 : 24th February 2019
Batch 05 : 10th March 2019
Batch 06 : 24th March 2019
Batch 07 : 7th April 2019
Batch 08 : 24th April 2019
Category : Adventure
Level : Easy
Duration : 01 Day
Duration of Paragliding Activity : 08-10 mins
1) Briefing session about tandem paragliding activity
2) Enjoy the thrill of tandem paragliding.
-> October to Mid March – Paragliding in Kamshet
-> Mid March to May – Paragliding over Pawna Lake
3) Enjoy the breathtaking view of Lonavala and forts, while you fly high
4) Weekend special activity
Season 1 (November to Mid-March) : At 6:00 AM, we depart from Dadar. We proceed towards Kamshet via Navi Mumbai. After reaching Kamshet, an Introduction session is taken up. Then, Post breakfast we go towards the activity site, where a briefing session about Tandem Paragliding activity is taken. Enjoy the thrill of Tandem Paragliding in Kamshet, have lunch and then, return to Mumbai.
Season 2 (Mid-March to May) : Our Kamshet paragliding tour starts at 01:00 pm, when we leave for Kamshet, via Navi Mumbai, from Dadar. After reaching Pawna Lake, an introduction session is taken up. Then, we go towards the activity site, where a briefing session about Tandem Paragliding activity is taken. Enjoy the thrill of Tandem Paragliding near Mumbai, over scenic Pawna Lake. En route to Mumbai, we have snacks.
The Tour concludes with Happy Memories.
1. Paragliding is an activity that is dependent on wind and hence, there’s a possibility of last minute re- schedules or cancellations, which are beyond our control. We request you to be patient, as there might be last minute changes and it might take an hour or so to confirm the wind forecast on trip, but on a good weather day, you can fly 1500 ft high.
2. The Video charges of the Paragliding activity is excluded from the tour cost. You may directly pay to the tandem for the video taken of your flight.
3. Medical Disclaimer : It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for any adventure. It is advisable to have a medical fitness check up done. If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physicians advice before participating in the activity.
Tour Price : Rs.5,000/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.4,950/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership details (Rs.1000/- Only), Click Here
1. Non-a/c transportation from Dadar to Dadar
2. Breakfast, Lunch & refreshment (all veg meals)
3. Paragliding Flight (One Time Charges : 10-12 Minutes)
1. Extra Tandem Flight
2. Video Charges (Rs. 1200 for GoPro / Rs. 750 if you bring your own SD Card)
3. Taxes as applicable
4. Anything mentioned than above inclusions
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to Carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Water Bottle (2 L) & Dry Snacks
2. Personal Medicines / First Aid Kit
3. Cap, sunscreen, goggle etc
4. Sports Shoes/Trekking Shoes (Compulsory)
5. Electral Powder/Tang/Glucon D
6. Camera (Optional)
7. Rucksack to carry all things. ( No handbags/jholas)
1. Who can attempt the adventure activities ?
Anyone who is physically fit can participate in adventure activities. We’ve participants with all ranging from 6 years to 45 years old.
2. Where should I trek / adventure ? And with whom should I register ?
You can participate to any activity near your current residing town. There are many groups who conduct such activities. Speak to your friend or their friends who can always suggest you whom to register with. They can suggest you websites or provide you the contact of leaders with whom they have being before.
3. What are the basic requirement for adventure activities?
Some activities are strenuous and strictly not for novices. As an amateur traveller, you may feel nervous as to what you should do and what you should not during events. Just follow the simple basic instructions or tips given by the tour leaders, while on events.
Get your medical check-up done before planning an adventure trip, just in case you have any previous medical or injury history. During an event, many suffer from cold, cough, stomach upset, dizziness, headaches or vertigo etc. It is your foremost responsibility to inform the tour leader if you have any medical issues.
4. How to choose an adventure activity ?
If you are a beginner, choose and easy level activity. You should not go for the tough/difficult level activities as they are generally meant for the experts. Choosing an easy level event first will give you experience & you’ll enjoy the thrill. A difficult level activity might ruin your experience. In case of any doubt call the office for more info and speak to an expert / division head.
5. What to carry in a backpack ?
Carry only bare essentials. An extra pair of clothes, some energy bars or protein snacks, your first aid kit and personal medication, personal hygiene products, towel or napkin, extra clothing such as Jackets (according to season).
6. What should we wear ?
Clothing should be according to season. Always wear long pants, and full sleeves clothes, they protect you from sunburn in summer, from cold in winter & Dri-fit clothing in rainy season.
7. What type of footwear ?
Choosing the right footwear is important for any outing. For any outdoor event we prefer proper trekking shoes. Try to get high ankle shoe if possible. Always buy a shoe size 1 number extra from your normal size (if size 6 fits tightly buy size 7). When buying shoes try them in the shop, check if they are comfortable and your toe can move in freely after wearing socks. Check brands like Action, Quechua, Merrell Salomon, Adidas.
8. What type of Backpack ?
Backpack is the most essential part of any outing. A normal 20 litre or 30 litre backpack is good for normal day outing. 30 litre or 40 litre backpack for overnight or 2 day outing. 50 litre backpack to carry 2-3 days outings loaded to carry extra essentials.
9. What food to carry ?
Carry homemade food, dry snacks, some mix dry fruits, dates, glucose powder, water 2 litre is enough for a days outing. Carry food according to your outing.
PARAGLIDING ACTIVITY AT KAMSHET BY MUMBAI TRAVELLERS
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh