Meghalaya- The Abode of the Clouds !!
About the Meghalaya in Monsoon :
Endowed with incredible natural beauty, Meghalaya “the abode of clouds” in Sanskrit. is one of the most beautiful states in Northeast India. Meghalaya, of Scottish scenery and Indian charm is a beautiful state nestled amid Assam and Bangladesh. The panoramic landscapes, foggy hills, cascading waterfalls, serpentine rivers, and terraced slopes soothe the minds of weary travelers. Cherrapunji and Mawsynram takes distinction of being among the wettest places on earth. ; most of the rain falls creating very impressive waterfalls and carving out some of Asia’s longest caves. Home to an extraordinary diversity of peoples, the Khasi, Jantia and Garo tribes, and natural wonders like living root bridge. Meghalaya is one of the most picturesque states of India, which serves as an ideal gateway for people in search of beauty and tranquility.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 1 : 14th-19th August 2018
Batch 2 : 27th Sept – 2nd Oct 2018
Batch 3 : 3rd – 8th November 2018
Category : Offbeat Tour
Duration : 05 Nights / 06 Days
Route : Guwahati- Shillong- Mawsynram-Mawlynnong Village- Cherapunji- Shillong
Note* : You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the flight booking, we will be happy to help you.
1) Visit Umiam Lake on the way to Shillong.
2) Visiting Mawphlang Sacred Forest and Mawsynram (wettest place on earth).
3) Visiting Mawlynnong (the cleanest village in Asia).
4) Walk to the living root bridge at village Riwai.
5) Cherrapunji sightseeing – Saimika Park, Eco Park, Dainthlen Falls, Nohkalikai Falls (fourth highest waterfall in the world) and Mawsamai Caves.
6) Visiting double – Decker and single – Decker living root bridges.
7) Visiting Laitlum Canyon.
Day 01 : 14th August 2018
Guwahati-Shillong (100 kms) – Arrival at Guwahati Station / Airport. Transfer to Shillong.
Enroute visit Umiam Lake (Barapani), a man-made lake that covers an expanse of 221 sq kms; Surrounded by coniferous forests, it is a truly special getaway for those travelling to Shillong. Spend your time observing Nature express her feelings and emotions throughout the course of the day. Apart from nature, observe the fascinating goings-on in the daily lives of the people who come to the vicinity of the lake in search of grass, twigs and other things ,a boat ride,kayaking and water skiing are options too. Evening explore the local market. Overnight in Shillong.
Day 02 : 15th August 2018
Shillong-Mawsynram-Shillong – Today we start our day with visit to Mawphlang Sacred Forest about 25 kilometres from Shillong. The sacred grove has an amazing life form of plants, flowering trees, orchids and butterflies. An ideal destination for nature lovers.The sacred-groves which have been preserved since time immemorial, are in sharp contrast to their surrounding grasslands.
Next we head to Mawsynram Crowned as the wettest place on earth, the village of Mawsynram is a nature lover’s dream and the best place to witness the fury of the rains. With 11,872 mm of rainfall received annually, Mawsynram beats Cherrapunji by a slender margin. Cherrapunji receives 11,777 mm of rainfall.The rains are so intense in Mawsynram that the villagers use thick grass to sound-proof their huts from the deafening rain.Picturesque waterfalls and lush green lands make up for the landscape. The drive from Shillong towards Mawsynram is a challenge for drivers and requires exception skills. Overnight in Shillong.
Day 03 : 16th August 2018
Shillong-Mawlynnong village-Cherrapunjee – Early Morning we head to the cleanest village in India yes it do exist around 100kms from Shillong there is a magical paradise – Mawlynnong – a small village which won the status of being the cleanest village , not just in India, but in Asia. The village offers picturesque natural beauty, a walk to the living root bridge at a neighboring village Riwai. The village also offers a sight of natural balancing rock, a strange natural phenomenon of a boulder balancing on another rock. Over Night stay at Cherrapunji
Day 04 : 17th August 2018
Cherrapunji Sight-seeing – Cherrapunji today, Day start with visiting Saimika Park, Eco Park, followed by Dainthlen Falls Among the many falls that Cherrapunji boasts of, Dain Thlen Falls is also one of the famous falls especially as it has an interesting legend associated with it. Next Nohkalikai Falls, fourth highest waterfall in the world. Falling from a height of 1,100 ft, this fall is a great attraction of Cherrapunji Finally be spellbound by majestic Mawsamai Caves. These limestone caves have the distinction of being the only caves in Meghalaya that are lit enough to enable tourists to enjoy the natural formations in awe. Overnight in Cherrapunji.
Day 05 : 18th August 2018
Cherapunji-Shillong – Visit Living Root Bridge also called double decker bridge. Meghalaya’s double-decker and single-decker root bridges are unique in the world and are a sight to behold. The bridges are tangles of massive thick roots,The root bridges, some of which are over a hundred feet long, take ten to fifteen years to become fully functional, but they’re extraordinarily strong. Afternoon head back to Shillong. Overnight in Shillong.
Day 06 : 19th August 2018
Shillong-Guwahati Airport / Station Day begin early today as we end of conversation with the Great Meghalaya by adoring Laitlum Canyon picturesque Shillong from Laitlum canyons; a wonderful spot covered in mystical mist and fog. The view point is one of the most popular and sought after attractions for adventure and nature lovers. . The gorgeous view of green hills, bamboo plants, foggy clouds and the orchids, all from one point might leave you awestruck.
Return journey from Guwahati airport/railway station. Tour concludes with Happy Memories !!
Tour Price : Rs.25,000/- + Tax as applicable (per person)
For Lifetime Member : Rs.24,500/- + Tax as applicable (per member)
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only) , click here
1. Accommodation on twin sharing basis in deluxe hotels
2. Xylo / Innova / Tempo Traveller for transfers and sightseeing
3. Breakfast and Dinner through out the tour
4. Inner line permits
5. All entry fees & monument charges
6. Experienced leader
- Any transfer till Guwahati and back (Train/Airways/ Roadways)
- Any personal orders, lunch, soft/hard drinks and mineral water
- Any personal expenses like Laundry Bills, Table Bills, Camera Fees, Tips or gratitude.
- Any medical / rescue evacuation due to mishaps like bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks etc (to be borne by the clients directly on the spot.)
- Anything other than above mention inclusions.
- Taxes as applicable
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Proof Compulsory
1. Hat / Cap.
2. Woolen cap / Balaclava
3. Warm Scarf, Pair of Woolen Gloves
4. Round neck T-shirts (min 3)
5. Fleece Sweatshirt / Sweater (min 1)
6. Windproof Jacket (min 1)
7. Leggings from a Track-suit, min 01 pair, shorts
8. Pair of sturdy sports shoes with rubber sole
9. Cotton Socks, Woolen Socks, min 03 pairs each
10. Thermal Inners, Lower & Upper, (min 2)
11. Raincoat / Poncho (min 1)
12. Torch with spare batteries, (min 1)
13. Sunscreen lotion, min 30 SPF, Toiletries
14. Medicines as specified by doctor
15. Camera, Cam charger, Mobile Charger.
For More FAQs, please visit this link : https://www.mumbaitravellers.in/faq/
For More details, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org Or 08692055777 / 09619104986 / 8692086927
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh