Explore and Photograph the avian wonders of LRK !!
About the Tour :
Spread over an area of 4954 sq kms in Kutch district of Gujarat, the Little Rann of Kutch is one of the most unique habitats in Indian Subcontinent. LRK as it is known among many nature lovers, was once part of the Arabian Sea, which was later separated due to earth’s geographical forces. Today LRK is a home to some of most endangered species of mammals and birds including Indian Wild Ass and McQueen Bustard. LRK is visited by a number of Raptors every year during winter which include Merlin, Peregrine Falcon, Steppe Eagle, Imperial Eagle and various species of Harriers, other known bird species known in LRK are Hoopoe Lark, Short-eared Owl, Desert Warbler, Greater and Lesser Flamingos, Common Crane, Long-legged Buzzard, Sandgrouse, Pelicans and Greater Short-toed Lark. Grab this unique opportunity with Mumbai Travellers, as we explore the Rann in search of this unique fauna.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Date :
Batch 01 : 13th – 15th December 2019
Batch 02 : 3rd – 5th January 2020
Category : Wildlife and Photography
Duration: 2 Nights / 3 Days
Train Suggestions :
Mumbai to Ahmedabad :
Train No – 12267/Mumbai Central – Rajkot AC – Duronto Express
Ahmedabad to Mumbai :
Train No – 12268/Rajkot – Mumbai Central AC – Duronto Express
Day 0 – Overnight Journey towards Ahmedabad
Assemble at Ahmedabad Junction by 7.30 am. We will travel by road to Little Rann of Kutch (LRK) and shall take breakfast en route. We should reach our resort at around 12 noon that has a beautiful touch of authentic Gujarati village life. After room allocation and freshening up we will have a small orientation session about the terrain, species and how next days will be like. The first safari of the tour will take you to the mesmerizing landscapes of LRK to observe and photograph bird frenzy. As the golden evening light starts to set in we will try to make images of Wild Asses against the light capturing vibrant silhouettes and this is also the time for some raptors activity especially Harriers to roost which gives an ideal opportunity to make ground level images or to just enjoy the red sun setting at the horizon.
Day 2 –
The day begins early as we prepare ourselves to head to second safari before the early morning light hits the Rann. We will be scouring vast expanses of Rann to spot and photograph raptors. Early morning is an ideal time to find a raptor on a kill if luck supports. Post safari, back at base we will discuss the outcome, learning and challenges of previous two safaris. Evening safari will pretty much be like that of previous safari but with the major change in habitat. We will be going well off 40 kms inside LRK which is all together a different habitat. Chances of McQueen’s Bastard, Indian Courser and Desert Foxes are high here.
Day 3 –
Early morning wake up and a head out for our safari and try to make the most of this last safari of the trip. We may dedicate this safari to observe and photograph the thousands of migratory birds and fowls that visit the Rann. Post lunch check out and head back to Ahmedabad with amazing memories, experience, stories.
Tour concludes with Happy memories. 😀
Tour Price : Rs.19,700/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.19,200/- per member+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
Group Discounts : For booking of 4 or more travellers : Rs.1000/- off per person on the tour amount.
1. Transfers from Ahmedabad to resort and back in private vehicle
2. Accommodation on Twin sharing basis at Little Rann of Kutch with hot-cold running water – Bhavna Farms or Similar
3. All meals at Little Rann of Kutch (Day 1 Breakfast to Day 3 Lunch)
4. Total 04 Wildlife Safaris in open gypsy or Thar with maximum 4 participants per vehicle for better photography opportunities
5. Permits and Forest Department Entry charges wherever applicable are inclusive
6. Services of an expert naturalist from Mumbai Travellers team
1. Air/Train Tickets to Ahmedabad
2. Camera fees at Kutch Sanctuary
3. Beverages, personal orders, laundry etc
4. Personal Expenses, camera fees, tips and gratuities
5. Anything other than mentioned above
6. Taxes as applicable
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
1. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded.
2. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
3. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
4. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded.
5. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to Carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Dull Colored Clothes (Please don’t wear Bright colored Clothes, TRY TO GET AS CAMOUFLAGED AS POSSIBLE)
2. Sanitary Kit
3. Dry Food (snacks)
4. Torch (Must)
5. Personal First Aid kit.
6. Cap, Sunglasses, sunscreen, moisturizer etc..
7. Sport shoes or Kitos/ sandal
8. Electral powder / Glucon D
9. Binocular/Camera with lenses (Optional)
10. Water Bottle (3 liter must)
11. Odomos (Mosquito Repellent)
12. Bean Bag can be helpful to avoid shake
13. Umbrella or Poncho/Cap
FAQ’s For WILDLIFE SAFARI:
1. How many people will be there in Gypsy for a safari tour?
– All wildlife safaris will have 6 pax in one gypsy (Unless otherwise mentioned particularly regarding 4 or 3 sharing)
2. Can I get a Safari on 4 sharing basis?
– Definitely yes, but it will be on extra cost and you need to inform us well in advance.
3. What is the Child policy for Wildlife Safaris?
– A child above 05 years of age is considered as an adult for any safari permit all over India. Children below 05 years of age exempted from any safari costs and can travel free of charge.
4. Are Wildlife Safaris safe?
– Absolutely! Even if all the safaris are carried out in an open gypsy, there is hardly any danger from wildlife when travellers are siting inside the vehicle. Plus on every safari we would have a Forest guide with us along with the gypsy driver and our expert who will help out if any unwanted situation arises.
5. What are the safari timings?
– Safari timings change from season to season in different National Parks depending on the Sunrise and Sunset. Usually a safari lasts for 3-4 hours morning and evening.
Approximately the timings are:
Morning: 6.00 am – 10 am
Afternoon : 3.00 pm – 6 pm
6. What is a Core zone and Buffer Zone ?
– A tourism zone in any National Park is divided into two zones: Core Zone and Buffer Zone. Buffer zone lies around the periphery of core forest area. Most of the tourism/safaris takes place in core zone.
7. What is the best season to do a Wildlife Safari?
– The wildlife safari season starts from October-June. In Winter, from October to March one can have amazing birding opportunities with some migratory birds along with decent Tiger sightings and other mammals. March to May as the summer approaches one can have good tiger sightings along with other mammalian sightings and birding. So if you are a tiger centric wildlifer, we suggest you do a safari from March-May.
8. What are chances of Tiger Sightings during the safaris?
– Tiger sightings are dependent on tracking skills,knowledge of the forest along with luck & chance. Weather conditions also affect tiger sightings. But all our safari tours are well guided with experts and local guides who help track tigers along with other mammals and birds! This has resulted in extremely successful tiger sighting ratio for us compared to others. We also focus on overall biodiversity and hence we ensure that you take back some unique experiences with you if not tiger sightings!
9. Why does one has to book Wildlife Tours in advance?
– The safari permit booking starts 120 days before the actual travel date and this is governed by forest department. Plus there are limited number of gypsies that are allowed to enter each gate during every safari session. Hence securing your safari booking before others grab it is very crucial and needs to be done at the earliest.
10. What kind of facilities will be available at the destination we are travelling to?
– Though we are taking you to wilderness places away from luxury, we have ensured that you will get at least all the required basic comforts during the tour. Our resorts in all the wildlife safaris tours are Deluxe Category; comfortable and homely. All resorts are equipped with all amenities like comfortable bedding, hot/cold water, western toiletries, A/C facilities, laundry on request, doctor on call, mineral water, generator backup etc. Along with this, Veg-Non veg meals will be available in buffet style. Jain food provision, Wifi connection and Television is also available at most of the places.
11. What are the camera charges for safaris?
– Some National parks forest permit charge extra camera fees to the travellers who are carrying high-end cameras with telephoto lenses or video cameras for photography and videography. Rules are different for different forests. Eg: In Tadoba : A camera with lens of 250 mm and above is charged Rs.200 per safari.
12. I am not a professional photographer or frequent wildlifer…can i still enroll for safari tour?
– Yes,why not?? Every nature lover is welcomed on a safari tour! We feel every traveller must do a wildlife safari at least once in his lifetime! Its an experience that every individual must take in especially when India has such a rich biodiversity and Tiger is our national animal.
13. What are photography opportunities for someone who is keen on wildlife photography and will he/she get guidance for the same?
– All our safari tours are balanced providing ample opportunities for wildlife photography. It not only focuses on tigers but also on other mammalian species, birds, reptiles along with capturing beautiful Landscapes and natural beauty. Our experts also help the participants with guidance and tips for wildlife photography.
14. What will the climate/weather be like in/around the park we will travel to?
– The weather differs from region to region. Winters are usually cool with temperature ranging from 8-20 degrees while Summers are hot and dry with temperatures ranging from 25-45 degrees.
Some Do’s :
* Carry clothes according to the season of the visit. Carry clothes that will help you camouflage with the surroundings.
* Always carry original identity proof.
* Carry a fragrance-free Sunscreen.
* Always keep your phone on silent or airplane mode when entering forest.
* Cover your face with a scarf to protect it from dust.
* Also carry extra batteries, memory cards for camera and cover it to protect the camera from dust,rain etc.
* Always remain calm and composed when any sighting takes place. Remember patience is the only key.
* Your guide/mentor and locals know the area inside the forest better than anyone, so do co-operate with them.
* Do follow strict timings as given by your team leader to avoid delay in any activities as safaris are group events.
* Always respect your local guide/driver and their knowledge about the forest during an safari.
* For herping/monsoon wildlife tours, always carry wind-cheaters, proper clothing and shoes, water-proof bags. Also get rain proof covers for your cameras/binoculars etc.
Some Don’ts :
* Do not litter in forest and surrounding areas.
* Do not throw anything out of the gypsy.
* Do not yell, scream or wave at the animals.
* Do not wear brightly colored clothes or apply any kind of perfumes or deodorants.
* Never feed any animals.
* Do not play any loud music in vicinity of the forest area.
* No one is allowed to get down from the gypsy inside the forest.
* Do not argue with any person like forest guards, guides, locals or even travellers from another gypsy during the safari.
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh