About the tour :
Located at distance of 40 km from the town of Ajmer, is a small village called Sonkhaliya (pronounced as so-kh-lia) in Nasirabad. Considered to be an ideal hotspot to photograph and spot the endangered bustard species called “Lesser Florican”. The subcontinent of India is a home to 2 florican species, Bengal Florican found in grasslands of North East (Terai region) and Lesser Florican is known to reside in most parts of Western and Central India. Records of this endangered species are from Uttar Pradesh in North to Bangalore in South. During monsoon time (July – September) the male bird, Mr. Florican is known to perform a flamboyant aerial displays as a part of his courtship ritual to impress the female bird, where in the male is to known to make a series of spectacular jumps to a height of 1.5m to 2m, around 300-400 times a day. This spectacular displays happens in a fraction of second and difficult one to capture in camera at that fast rate, but with multiple attempts it is surely possible. In order to enjoy this amazing ritual in Moong farms of Sonkhaliya and also other grassland species, Mumbai Travellers is proud to announce a birding tour in land of Lesser Florican.
Pic Credit : Siddesh Bramhankar
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 1 : 4th-5th August 2019
Batch 2 : 25th-26th August 2019
Category : Wildlife Photography
Duration : 01 Night / 02 Days
Train Suggestions: Ex-Mumbai
Onward Journey : 12989 Ajmer Express
Return Journey : 12215 DEE BDTS Garib Rath Express
Note* : You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train / flight booking, we will be happy to help you.
1. A dedicated tour to one of the best birding hotspot in India targeting 50+ bird species
2. Tour mentored by seasoned wildlife and photography experts
3. Total 03 birding sessions in most potential Lesser Florican site.
4. Photography guidance and Wildlife knowledge sharing
6. Comfortable stay offering delicious local Rajasthani cuisines
Day 0 : Board Ajmer Express (12989) at 2.35 PM in the afternoon to Ajmer.
Day 1 : Reach Ajmer Station by 8.15 Am, Transfer to hotel, Quick breakfast and freshen up, proceed to Sonkhaliya for birding, we will scanning the birding area for passage migrant birds like European Roller, Blue Cheeked Bee-eater and other grassland species like Larks, quails, shrikes, prinia’s etc. Lunch. Evening Florican Session. Dinner Night stay at Hotel NeelKamal.
Day 2 : Early morning leave from the hotel, Morning Florican Session and other grassland birds like Eagle Owl, Quails, Francolins, Singing Buslark etc. Back to hotel for late Lunch. Check out and board 4.40 PM Garibrath express to Mumbai.
Tour concludes with a great ending !!
Tour Price : Rs.10,000/- per person + Taxes as applicable
Tour Price for Lifetime Members : Rs.9,500/- per person + Taxes as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please note Lesser Florican being a shy bird species and endangered one, it is very important that we maintain a safe distance from bird and not disturb the bird. Hence all the Florican based photography sessions will be carried out through car windows only. 5/6 Travellers will be sharing a car, at a time only three Travellers can photograph the bird from the window with a set time frame, remaining 3 will take turns after the first set of 3 is done.
1. Pickup and Drop from Ajmer to Ajmer by Non AC Private Car
2. 01 Nights/02 Days Accommodation at Resort on Twin Sharing Basis in AC
Rooms- Hotel Neelkamal or equivalent.
3. All meals from Breakfast on Day 1 to Lunch on Day 2
4. 3 Birding Sessions led by Mumbai Travellers wildlife expert and local naturalist
5. All forest permissions and Guide Charges
6. Expertise Charges
1. Transfer from Mumbai to Mumbai
2. Meals during the train journey
3. Lens/Camera charges if any
4. Any personal orders, laundry, phone calls
5. Any porter charges, tips and gratitude
6. Anything other than mentioned above
7. Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities or sudden changes in forest fees, permits etc
8. Taxes as applicable
Note*Accommodation on single sharing available on request.(Nominal charges to be paid by the participant as applicable)
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
1. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded.
2. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
3. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
4. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded.
5. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Card Compulsory (Aadhar/ Pancard/DL)
1. Dull Colored Clothes (Please don’t wear Bright colored Clothes, TRY TO GET AS CAMOUFLAGED AS POSSIBLE)
2. Sanitary Kit
3. Dry Food (snacks)
4. Personal First Aid kit.
6. Cap, Sunglasses, Sunscreen, Moisturizer etc..
7. Sport Shoes or Kitos/ Sandals
8. Electral Powder / Glucon D
9. Binocular/Camera with lenses (Optional)
10. Water Bottle (2 liter must)
11. Odomos (Mosquito Repellent)
12. Tripod will be helpful to avoid shake as there will be low light
13. Umbrella or Poncho/Cap
Some Do’s :
* Carry clothes according to the season of the visit. Carry clothes that will help you camouflage with the surroundings.
* Always carry original identity proof.
* Carry a fragrance-free Sunscreen.
* Always keep your phone on silent or aeroplane mode when entering the forest.
* Cover your face with a scarf to protect it from dust.
* Also carry extra batteries, memory cards for camera and cover it to protect the camera from dust, rain etc.
* Always remain calm and composed when any sighting takes place. Remember patience is the only key.
* Your guide/mentor and locals know the area inside the forest better than anyone, so do co-operate with them.
* Do follow strict timings as given by your team leader to avoid delay in any activities as safaris are group events.
* Always respect your local guide/driver and their knowledge about the forest during a safari.
* For herping/monsoon wildlife tours, always carry wind-cheaters, proper clothing and shoes, water-proof bags. Also get rainproof covers for your cameras/binoculars etc.
Some Don’ts :
* Do not litter in forest and surrounding areas.
* Do not throw anything out of the gypsy.
* Do not yell, scream or wave at the animals.
* Do not wear brightly coloured clothes or apply any kind of perfumes or deodorants.
* Never feed any animals.
* Do not play any loud music in the vicinity of the forest area.
* No one is allowed to get down from the gypsy inside the forest.
* Do not argue with any person like forest guards, guides, locals or even travellers from another gypsy during the safari.
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh