Camping at Wai – the Pristine Water Reservoir in Wai with the Strawberry farm visit!!
About Camping at Wai with the Strawberry farm visit:
If you are living in the city of Mumbai or any of the surrounding towns, then a quick getaway over a long weekend becomes a must, to escape the chaos and madness of the urban jungle.
Have you ever explored an outdoor stay vis a vis your habitual options of resort or hotels? Wilderness camping provides you such blistering experience to stay in the nature where you can camp overnight using spacious hygienic tents. Pitch you own tent facing the river, have a picnic table to park yourself; scrumptious barbeques and campfire are some of the key highlighters that separates camping unlike resorts where you are confined to the 4 walls.
Nestled in the scenic district of Satara, Wai has long been a cultural center. For decades now, Wai has been under the shadow of Mahabaleshwar and Panchagani. These famous hill stations in the Sahyadri range are favored by tourists. However, one can’t simply write off Wai as it has enough potential to charm with its lanes that remind you of the glorious years of Peshwas.
Sound of chirping birds, ripples of turquoise pristine water reflecting the bright green hills and forests, the soothing sound of the waterfalls, chilly winds, a starry night sky and the cozy bonfire – imagine all these in just one spot! Yes, you can simply relax in a tranquil and serene environment like this, even near a bustling city like Mumbai. How? Well, by just taking a weekend camping trip to Wai.
Batch 01 : 25th-26th January 2020
Duration: 1 Night/2 Days
1. Tranquil view of the lakeside near Dhom dam
2. Delicious food Veg/Non-Veg
3. Enjoy the handmade Bamboo Raft Ride
4. DIY Barbeque and share stories and experiences, as per the mood of the atmosphere
5. Arrangement of the best quality tents
6. Availability of life jackets for the raft ride and for swimming if required
7. 2nd day Breakfast at the Dam
8. Strawberry Picking and the dairy farm visit
9. Guidance by a friendly leader, who is familiar with the place
We meet at Dadar (near Pritam Hotel) at 5:30 am. Board our transport vehicle and move towards Wai. Have packed breakfast in the bus & move further to our destination while enjoying the beautiful journey. We reach campsite by around 12-12:30pm. On arrival, directly head to finger-licking Maharashtrian food. After we are full, we will be allotted with our tents, along with knowledge on some basic instructions for the campsite. The rest of the evening will be spent in playing some games on the campsite and spend the time at leisure. Almost at the time of sunset, we will get on the bamboo raft ride and swim in the lake. Watch the beautiful sunset as the golden rays of the setting sun glisten on pristine water of the lake. After we enjoy the sunset, we will be indulging in some experience sharing sessions. Later, satiate your hunger pangs by having delicious DIY barbecue followed by dinner. Post dinner, we all will gather around bonfire to spend some time knowing each other. Enjoy by singing, dancing and sharing experiences and stories or just keep talking till the birds start chirping. You can also go in a deep slumber in your cozy tents.
Wake up early in the morning, take some selfies or capture the enchanting nature in your cameras. We will then head to Dhom dam, there will be yummylicious breakfast arranged there for you. After the breakfast, we head to visit the strawberry farm where we will be plucking the strawberries and taking some home. Along with this, we will also visit a dairy farm. After such an amazing day, we will head back to Mumbai. But, no, we have one more stop left, we will visit Mapro Farm. Buy amazing things from Mapro, and have Lunch there, and head back to Mumbai thereafter.
The weekend camping trip to Wai concludes with happy memories!
Tour Price: Rs.3,299/- per person + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members: Rs.3,199/- per member + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership details (Rs.1000/- Only), Click Here
1. Accommodation in Tents on Multiple Sharing basis.
2. Veg and Non-Veg Meals during the camping (Day 1: Lunch, Evening Tea Coffee, DIY Barbeque, Dinner; Day 2: Breakfast)
3. Bedding, Pillow and Blanket
4. Bonfire Session.
5. Bamboo Raft ride
6. Strawberry Plucking
7. Camping Leader & local support at Campsite.
8. All permissions and expertise.
1. Any other meals than mentioned in inclusions.
2. Transportation (Dadar to Dadar).
3. Tax as applicable.
4. Anything other than mentioned above.
Cancellation and Refund:
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if youve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to Carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Id Proof Compulsory,
2. Dry Food (Snacks),
3. Torch with Extra cell
4. Personal Medicines,
5. Extra clothes,
6. Cap, Mosquito repellent,
7. Sports Shoes/Trekking Shoes (Compulsory),
8. Electral Powder/Tang/Glucon D,
9. Sanitary kit,
10. Camera (Optional),
11. Water bottle (2 litre must),
12. Rucksack to carry all things. (No handbags/jholas),
13. Bedsheet/ Pull over (Carry if required),
14. Raincoat / Poncho / Wind Jackets / Warm clothing as per season.
1. Where exactly is Campsite and how to reach there ?
-Campsite is located at Satara District and the nearest railway station is Satara.
2. Can we drive down till campsite ?
– Yes, definitely! Just note the area has no or very low limited network connectivity.
3. Can children or senior citizen join this camping ?
– Camping are open for all age group.
4. How many people will be there in one batch ?
– Normally, our batch size for Camping is 10-25 travellers and registration are open on first come first serve basis.
5. What are washroom facility available at campsite ?
– As we’ve facility of washroom which is basic and limited.
7. What is Child Policy ?
– If child needs extra bed and extra meals then the child will be considered as an adult. If not, then child below 5 years will be exempted from tour cost.
8. What is best season for Camping?
-Best Season for Camping is October to June.
9. I have already registered. When will I get tour details of Camping event
– Usually, the final tour details like things to carry, leaders contact details, meeting details and Do’s & Don’ts will be sent by email 2 days prior to the trip.
10. Can I pay on spot ?
– Sorry, we don’t have this option. All group departures have to be pre-booked.
11. Can we leave early from Campsite ?
– Yes, you can with lovely camping memories.
12. What kind of Tents are we staying ?
– We have Alpine Tents with water resistant covering.
For More FAQs, please visit this link : https://www.mumbaitravellers.in/main/faq/
For more details, Group Or Corporate Bookings
✉ : firstname.lastname@example.org
☏ : 08692055777 / 086920869277
unique journeys … unique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers