Kumaon- Hinterland of Sunsets, Mountains and Meadows !
About the Ecotour to Hinterland-Kumaon :
Kumaon, is the quaint land of ever changing skies mystical views and magical sunsets. A great place for day picnics on sunlight meadows and long walks along the ridge, with the Himalayas peering over conifer covered hills. Here you can meet friendly Pahadi people in picturesque mountain villages, gorge on delicious Kumaoni meals and enjoy afternoon siesta’s in terraced fruit orchards. Spectacular sunrises, star spangled skies, nights trails, Kumaoni songs around campfires and what not !
A journey to serendipity- these undiscovered, untouched spots in Uttarakhand retain their maiden glory to a great extent. Mystical views of silvery peaks and sparkling streams that are sure to leave you in awe. In the hundreds of mountain villages life still goes on in a pretty traditional way, and the chance to get away from the towns and main roads amid the spectacular landscape shouldn’t be missed.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Dates :
Batch 01 : 27th February-03rd March 2018
Batch 02 : 26th-30th April 2018
Category : Eco-Tourism
Duration : 04 Nights / 05 Days
Note* : You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train / flight booking, we will be happy to help you.
1. Stay in the campsite, Pahadi’s house & century old Traditional Stone House,
2. Kumaoni lifestyle and meals
3. Stunning panoramic view of Himalayan Ranges from Mukteshwar & Ranikhet
4. Waterfall Trek, Rappelling & Zip Lining
5. Sightseeing, Trailing, Trekking, if time permits-Paragliding at 8000 ft.
Day 00 : 25th April 2018
Arrival at Old Delhi railway station by 07:30 p.m. Proceed to Kathgodam by Ranikhet Express by 09:05 pm.
Day 01 : 26th April 2018
Arrival at Kathgodam. Drive towards the Land of ever changing skies and magical sunsets-Mukteshwar. Enroute halt for tea. Reach campsite. Freshen up and have breakfast. Get lost in the beautiful endless view of the valley around the campsite. Enjoy the hide and seek of the beautiful meadows and visit aunthentic Chocolate shop. Fill your pockets with some bonafide chocolates and visit Doll Museum !
Back to Campsite. Enjoy the fingerlickin lunch and rest for the while. Enjoy the drive to Chauli Jaali Cliff and experience the thrill of Rappelling and zip lining. Witness the bird’s eye view of sunset with hot cup of tea and Maggi. Back to Campsite and rest. Enjoy the sizzling dinner around the campfire listening Pahadi songs. Lights off for the day !
Day 02 : 27th April 2018
Wake up witnessing the glorious sunrise over the Himalaya. Enjoy a trail along the ridge and dense forest. Spot the beautiful birds passing the trail. A day planned to spend next to waterfall enjoying self cooking. A 30 mins trek to Waterfall & slide and splash into the pool with life jackets ! Have lunch and drive to quaint village Sashbani. Have warm tea and Interact with local villagers. Experience their culture, visit the temple and back to homestay for dinner. Experience the lifestyle of Kumaonis.
Day 03 : 28th April 2018
Let the lazy morning start with warm breakfast. Pack your bags and back to Campsite. Collect Bags and enjoy the offroading to Ranikhet. Enroute take a halt at Kosi River for lunch. Sup the lunch treating your eyes with riverside view. Visit Katarmal complex ancient Sun temple (only Sun temple in North India). Reach campsite by late evening. Trail down to Daankudi. Rest and dinner around bonfire.
Day 04 : 29th April 2018
Enjoy the lazy day at Daankudi. Laze around the tree shack, courtyard. Post lunch, enjoy the mountain drive up to the Aerodeo ridge. This is the 03rd highest ridge in the central Himalayas and the Shiva temple at the top offers a stunning 270 degrees views of the snow peaks. The path is through the forest of pine, deodar and oak. Evening back to Daankudi. Last night bash around the campfire.
Day 05 : 30th April 2018
Post breakfast, enjoy the Paragliding in favorable climatic conditions. Post lunch, Drive to Kathgodam station (3 ½ hrs) to board the train. Overnight journey for return train to Delhi
Next Morning : 01st May 2018
Arrival at Delhi railway station by 04:30 – 05:00 am. Return flight / train to Mumbai.
*Note : There might be alteration in the itinerary as per the situation.
Tour Price : Rs.16,999/-per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.16,499/- per member+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only) , click here
- Train Tickets from Delhi to Kathgodam and return in sleeper class
- Transportation by Jeep for sightseeing and transfer
- Accommodation in tents with hygienic washroom, villager’s house and Daankudi
- All meals on tour (Veg & Non-veg)
- Activities on tour as mentioned itinerary
- Entry tickets, permissions and guide wherever necessary
- Tax as applicable
- Any Transfers & meals till Delhi and back & meals on train from Delhi to Kathgodam and back
- Any medical / rescue evacuation due to mishaps like bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control
- Personal expenses or orders like porters, meals, aerated drinks, mineral water or snacks etc
- Any other thing then mentioned inclusions
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if youve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
Note : Book your seats well in advance to get confirmed train tickets.You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train tickets booking, we will be happy to help you !
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Proof (Pan card/Driving License)
1. Extra Pair of Clothes
2. Winter / Rain / Summer Wear (In case of Rain or Chilling Climate)
3. Torch and extra cell-Must
4. Sanitary Kit and Energy Drinks
5. Personal Medicines or First Aid Kit
6. Dry Snacks and Water bottle
7. Cap, goggle, sun screen etc….
8. Sport shoes or Good quality Floaters
9. Camera / Binocular (Optional)
10. Rugsack to carry all this thing. (No handbags or jholas)
- Where exactly is Kumaon is and how to reach there
-Kumaon or Kumaun is one of the two regions and administrative divisions of Uttarakhand and the nearest station is Kathgodam railway station,if you are travelling from Mumbai. You need to book train tickets from concerned destination to Delhi and from Delhi to Kathgodam as per mentioned suggestion in itinerary. You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train booking, we will be happy to help you !
- How Far is Kathgodam from Ranikhet & Mukteshwar and how we will be travelling
-We are covering overall 300 kms throughout the tour and we will be travelling by 06 seater jeep.
- Is children or senior citizen can join this ecotour
-Ecotours are open for all age group. Infants are not allowed on outdoor trips for health concern.
- How many people will be their in one batch
-Normally, our batch size for Tour is 6-12 travellers and registration are open on first come first serve basis.
- Can I get accommodation on twin sharing basis
-The fun of travelling in groups is sharing of rooms. We recommend that you share the room with fellow travellers for better bonding and understanding. Somehow, if you wish to have a separate room anyway, that can be possible for additional amount depending upon the accommodation.
- What is Child Policy
-If child needs extra seat in vehicle, extra bed and extra meals then the child will be considered as an adult. If not, then child will be exempted from tour cost and can travel free of cost.
- When will I get tour details of tour after registration
-Usually, the final tour details like things to carry, leaders contact details, meeting details and Dos & Donts will be send on email 4-5 days prior to the trip.
- Can I pay on spot
-Travel Cashless ! Why to carry cash when we have multiple payment options like internet banking, cheque deposit or PayTm !
- Where exactly is Kumaon is and how to reach there
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh