Serene trek to Karnala !!
About the Karnala Trek :
Karnala is a famous bird sanctuary located on Mumbai Goa Highway. It also houses a small fort at top. Many rulers have ruled this fort from Yadav dynasty, Tughalq, Gujurat Sultanate, Nizamshah of Ahmednagar. Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj captured this fort in 1670. It held strategic importance because of entrance to Raigad region and overlooked Bhor pass. Aurangzeb captured it after Shivaji’s death in 1680. When Peshwa dominance grew it was recaptured in 1740 and later fell to British East India Company in 1818.
On top of fort are ruins and small pinnacle known as Pandu’s tower. It was primarily used as watch tower. Climbing on this tower is now prohibited by the forest department. One can see Prabalgad, Matheran, Chanderi, Dronagiri fort, and Rajmachi.
Batch 1 : 17th June 2018
Batch 2 : 22nd July 2018
Category : Trekking
Level : Easy
Duration : 1 Day
Age Group : 10 – 40 yrs
Meet at 7:30 am, Panvel railway station. Depart to Karnala bird Sanctuary. Enroute breakfast at Pen. Have small introduction and briefing session. Start trekking by 09:30 am and reach at top within 02 hours. Explore fort and have lunch at top. Start descending by 03:00 pm. Return journey to Panvel.
Trek Concludes with Happy Memories :)
Tour Price : Rs.850/- per person + Tax as applicable *
For Lifetime Members : Rs.800/-per member + Tax as applicable *
* – Refer to Cancellation & Refund Policy before booking
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. Transportation from Panvel to Panvel by local tum tum
2. Breakfast & Evening Refreshments
3. Guide & Expertise Charges
4. Entry Charges
1. Tax as applicable
2. Lunch on trek
3. Anything other than mentioned above
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- All cancellations must be intimated to our head office on phone followed by a written confirmation via email. Telephonic cancellation will not be accepted as ‘Cancellation Request’.
- For Long (3-Days & 2-Nights and More) Tour/Event/Activity like Special Tour, Backpacking, etc.)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
- For Trekking/Cycling/Camping/Ecotours (2-Days & 1-Night and Less) Activity
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 7 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 7 days.
- For Wildlife Tours (7-Days, 5 Days & 1 Nights and Less) Tour / Expedition / Trail
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
- Refund amount will be initiated after deducting upto 2.5% of the refund amount. The applicable refund will be settled within 7 to 10 business days, after the cancellation request is approved by GO TRAVELLISM PRIVATE LIMITED.
- If Entire Tour/Event/Activity cancelled by GO TRAVELLISM PRIVATE LIMITED, then refund will be processed within 7 to 10 business days of informing to the customer about cancellation of Tour/Event/Activity.
- No refund will be provided, if customer claim any kind of refund after 30 days of services provided.
Please Note :
- Amount will be refunded through Electronic Transfer or by the card (Debit/Credit)
- Refund of amount will initiate after deducting the applicable cancellation Charges and service charge and both will be settled within 7 to 10 days of the day of cancellation request approved by GO TRAVELLISM PRIVATE LIMITED.
THINGS TO CARRY
Things to carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Lunch / Dinner as per schedule.
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes – Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication / First Aid kit
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
7. Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. (as per season)
8. Proper Backpack to carry all these things (No handbags, duffle bag or jholas)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Rainwear (Jacket / Ponchos ) or Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters) – (as per season).
11. Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon and plate (if necessary)
12. Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
13. Sleeping bag / mat / bedsheet (as per schedule)
14. Slippers (optional – at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).
a. Who can trek ?
Anyone who is physically fit can trek. We’ve trekked with all ranging from 6 years to 65 years old.
b. Where should I trek / adventure ? And with whom should I register ?
You can trek to any places near your current residing town. There are many groups who conduct such activities. Speak to your friend or their friends who can always suggest you whom to trek with. They can suggest you websites or provide you the contact of leaders with whom they have trekked before.
c. What are the Basic requirement for trekking ?
Some treks are strenuous and strictly not for novices. As an amateur trekker, you may feel nervous as to what you should do and what you should not during treks. Just follow the simple basic instructions or tips given by the trek leaders, while on trek.
Get your medical check-up done before planning a trekking trip, just in case you have any previous medical or injury history. During trekking, many suffer from cold, cough, stomach upset, dizziness, headaches or vertigo etc. It is your foremost responsibility to inform the trek leader if you have any medical issues.
d. How to choose a trek ?
If you are a beginner, choose and easy trek. You should not go for the tough/difficult level treks as they are generally meant for the experts. Choosing an easy trek first will give you experience & you’ll enjoy the thrill. A difficult level trek might ruin your experience. In case of any doubt call the office for more info and speak to an expert / division head.
e. What to carry in a backpack ?
Carry only bare essentials. An extra pair of clothes, some energy bars or protein snacks, your first aid kit and personal medication, personal hygiene products, towel or napkin, extra clothing such as Jackets (according to season).
f. What should we wear ?
Clothing should be according to season. Always wear long pants, and full sleeves clothes, they protect you from sunburn in summer, from cold in winter & Dri-fit clothing in rainy season.
g. What type of footwear ?
Choosing the right footwear is important for any outing. For any outdoor event we prefer proper trekking shoes. Try to get high ankle shoe if possible. Always buy a shoe size 1 number extra from your normal size (if size 6 fits tightly buy size 7). When buying shoes try them in the shop, check if they are comfortable and your toe can move in freely after wearing socks. Check brands like Action, Quechua, Merrell Salomon, Adidas.
h. What type of Backpack ?
Backpack is the most essential part of any outing. A normal 20 litre or 30 litre backpack is good for normal day outing. 30 litre or 40 litre backpack for overnight or 2 day outing. 50 litre backpack to carry 2-3 days outings loaded to carry extra essentials.
i. What food to carry ?
Carry homemade food, dry snacks, some mix dry fruits, dates, glucose powder, water 2 litre is enough for a days outing. Carry food according to your outing.
For More details, contact us on email@example.com Or 08692086927/ 08652370001 / 09869129901
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh