Padharo Mhare Des !
About Jaisalmer Backpacking Trip :
Come Dive into the Rich culture of Rajasthan while travelling with like minded people in Backpacking Style. It is the most fun , safe and budget friendly way to travel. Rajasthan has so much to offer to every traveller and photographer with its breathtaking natural beauty, unique historical sites and the colorful culture.
This is an opportunity to explore more on less. Discover hidden lanes teeming with flea markets, Try local food ,visit unusual haunts, interact with locals ,get lost in desert & more . Travel solo! Or with friends whole point of this tour is that you don’t have to do the planning all the essentials have already been taken care for you from Stays to Intercity transfer. So are you ready to Escape, Explore, Discover! Life?
SHORT INFO & DATES
Outing Date : 30th Sept-02nd October 2018
Category : Backpacking India
Duration : 3 Nights / 4 Days
Day 00 :
Train journey start at 14.50 pm. Overnight train journey
Day 1 :
Arrival at Jaisalmer. Vehicle is arranged for you which will transfer you at hotel and settle down ! Check in with backpack. Be ready to explore oldest city of India, Jaisalmer. After spending some good time on bank of Gadaisar lake, Bada Bagh. End our day by visiting village Kuldhara at night.
Day 2 :
We always think that people travel on camels in deserts and how they live & what they do ? This is the most Adventures day of our backpacking trip as we are going to do almost 10 kms camel ride exploring at various villages ! End our day with camp fire at “Thar Desert” and dinner.
Day 3 :
After spending night at Jaisalmer “Thar desert” will do morning breakfast. Get ready to see different Shades of Jaisalmer fort !! We spending the full day at streets of fort. Jaisalmer is the only fort in world where people stay inside the fort. Patawo Ki haveli, Deewano ki haveli, Salem Singh Haveli we are not going to miss.
Day 4 :
Morning board return train to Jodhpur after 02 hours of halt; catch return train to Mumbai.
This is Guided Backpacking version of Trip. Our Itineraries are carefully put together by our backpacking experts aiming to cover & experience some lesser known must-see offbeat places in India in backpacking style. Our trips are the perfect way to rediscover yourself and socialize yourself with like minded backpackers while you explore the unexplored places in India which are offbeat and general tourist often skip because of the obscure nature of these locales. After all, Columbus wouldn’t be Columbus if he’d stuck to taking the same journey again and again, right? Occasionally backpacking trips might be bit low on leisure but always high on experiences as you enjoy local street food, interact with locals, or sharing a dorm,hostel or home-stay with other fellow travelers at some breathtaking locations across India .
“Life is all about courage and going in to unknowns”
Seems like the kind of trip you’ve been waiting to take? Save the date!
Tour Price : Rs.10,999/- per person+Taxes as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.10,699/- per members+Taxes as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
– This is Backpacking version of trip – Sometimes low on Leisure and But always High on experiences.
Visits, Activities and their order are subject to change for backpacking trip based on the discretion of Mumbai Travellers.
– Trip involves small treks and camping in cold weather
1. Daily Breakfast & dinner
2. 03 Nights accommodation in Home-stays or Hotel or similar – Double or Triple sharing
3. All Transfers between Jaisalmer to Jaisalmer
4. An experienced backpacking expert & a Friend who will help you take the hassle out of your travel .
5. Guide and & Entry fees
1. Airfare / Trainfare for Mumbai-Jaisalmer-Mumbai
2. Lunch (We want you to try out local Cuisines & not restrict to particular restaurant, cafe)
3. Camera Charges
4. Personal Expenses
5. Anything other than mentioned Above
6. All applicable taxes
*Free consultation and assistance from packing your backpack to choosing lens for your Camera (pre or post trip extended days)
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Gov approved Id proof Compulsory ( NO Pan Card)
2. A small Backpack (Avoid Suitcases)
3. A Day Bag to hold camera and essential during sightseeing .
4. Beachwear in case you decide to swim or enjoy water sports.
5. Torch (Must)
6. Personal Medicines If any
7. Cap, Shades, Sun-screen etc….
8. Sport shoes or Good quality Floaters
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Sanitary Kit
11. Mosquito Repellent
FAQ’s For Backpacking Trips
1. What’s the age range of the Group trip?
– We have travelers from all the groups of age. Since this is an offbeat backpacking travelling community, The majority of travelers are between the age group of 20-40 belonging from various professional sectors.
2. I am travelling solo for the first time . how can i expect my experience to be ?
– Most of our travelers here are solo . No one has a prior acquaintance with anybody other than on the community. It is going to be like the first day of school or college or office, excitement of meeting new people with the thrill of the trip. Do not expect anything less than an adventure. Absolutely, that’s the beauty of small group travel. You will make friends quickly and your Tour lead will become a good source of support to you along the way too!
3. Are single traveler mainly male or female?
Most of our trips split pretty evenly down gender lines. We average roughly 60:40 female-to-males, so you’ll never feel outnumbered.
4. How can i be sure i am safe ?
– We follow a set of safety rules to make your travel experience physically and mentally safe. Our team is well trained and equipped to handle any kind of situations. Also we send precaution note for most of our trips couple of days
5. What if i want room to myself ?
The fun of travelling in groups is sharing of rooms. We recommend that you share the room with fellow travelers for better bonding and understanding. Somehow, if you wish to have a separate room anyway, that can be possible for additional amount depending upon the accommodation.
6. How much freedom do i have during a Backpacking trip ?
Every trip has an well designed itinerary to make most out of the destination or event. Group travel are all about experiences . However If any point of time, you feel like exploring the things by yourself or would like to skip a day at stay back apart from set Itinerary, you have the freedom to do so yes only after consulting with tour Lead (Remember Traveler adhere the additional cost if any ;) ). Not everybody likes museums like no everyone enjoys shopping.
Essential Checklist :
Our number one piece of advice is: collect everything you think you need…
Almost everyone brings far too much stuff. We like to travel light. However, everyone has different wants and needs, so make sure you bring the stuff that makes you happy when travelling!
1. Should i bring Backpack or Suitcase ?
– Either is completely fine! Personally, we would recommend a backpack as it easier to carry around when going from trains to boats (and easier to lift above your head when standing knee-deep in water ;)).
2. Parents often worry about the safety of their progeny. This is completely understandable.
– It’s why a group tour is ideal for any first-time traveller… you are mostly in the company of other travellers, so are far less likely to get into trouble than if you were travelling solo. We try to ensure the safety of all our travellers, however we are also against the ‘babysitting’ approach of other tour companies. This means a healthy amount of individual space, with a base understanding that everyone is a self-sufficient, responsible adult.
3. What are accommodation like ?
During the tour you will be staying in varied places (one being the night train! during travel). However, most nights you will be staying in twin or Triple rooms/Hostels/Havelis/Nature Camps etc.. with a fellow Travellers. Our accommodation are comfortable and safe and we strive to get you guys in the best locations – so some mornings you’ll be waking up on a lake, and others right on the beach!
4. How fit do I need to be?
You don’t have to be an athlete to travel with us – all walks and activities are optional and there is something for everyone.
5. Do I need to bring a sleeping bag or mosquito net?
You don’t need to bring a sleeping bag unless informed but a sleeping bag liner/ inner is advisable. You don’t need to bring a mosquito net but we do recommend getting bug repellent
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh