Wildlife & Bird Photography tour to Hampi & Daroji Sloth Bear Sanctuary
About Hampi Wildlife Tour :
The UNESCO world heritage site of Hampi town is also a hidden treasure for some rare, endemic and endangered wildlife along with the heriatge monuments. For years this graslass and scubland habitiat had been out of sight from bird watchers and wildlife photographers until it caught the limelight for sloth bear photography throgh a photography hide and regular close distance photography of some key bird species. The bird species like yellow throated bulbul, white browed bulbul, painted francolin, painted spurfowl, sirkeer malkoha, blue faced malkoha, blue rock thrush, grey naked bunting, Indian eagle owl are always high on a birdwatcher’s list and wildlife photographers list, however there are hardly any places that provide a great upclose photography opportunities of these wonders. Hampi is certainly a place if these key species along with 50+ other grassland birds and hide photography of sloth bears can be accompanied! Cherry on the cake can be sighting of rare smooth coated otters swimming and fishing on the baks of reservoirs in Hampi. Join in for this one of a kind expedition where we unfold the natural wonders of this heritage city and you will surely be rewarded with experience of a lifetime.
Photo credit: Mr. Malemath
Batch 01 : 3rd – 5th January 2020
Category : Wildlife
Type : Wildlife Photography Tour
Duration : 2 Nights / 3 Days
Travel Suggestions :
Mumbai/Pune to Hospet :
Multiaxel AC Volvo bus reaching Hospet before 8 am
Hospet to Mumbai/Pune :
Multiaxel AC Volvo bus departing Hospet after 5 pm
Day 0 :
Overnight Journey towards Hospet.
Day 1 :
Assemble at Hospet by 8 am. We will travel by road to Hampi and shall take breakfast en route. We should reach our homely bungalow stay at around 10 am that has a beautiful touch of authentic countryside life. After room allocation and freshening up we will have a small orientation session about the terrain, species and how next days will be like. The first session of the tour will take you to the mesmerizing landscapes of Hampi to observe and photograph bird frenzy. As the golden evening light starts to set in we will focus on spotting and photographing a variety of bird with focus on our key species. Late evening return back to our stay. Dinner followed by discussion of today’s sightings and lights off.
Day 2 :
The day begins early as we prepare ourselves to head to second bird-watching session before the early morning light hits the Hampi rocks. We will be scouting vast distances to spot and photograph raptors like harriers and eagle owls. Early morning is an ideal time to find birds while most of them are in feeding or hunting mood. Post session, back at base for lunch we will discuss the outcome, learning and challenges of previous two sessions.
This evening is a special treat to any wildlifer. Post lunch we shall get transferred to the photography hides and settle down with our gears awaiting the subject to appear. This particular hide is created keeping in mind the objective to observe and photograph the sloth bears from close distances which is the prime attraction of Hampi and Daroji sloth bear sanctuary. Every afternoon to evening sloth bears visit this area in search of their food and the unique topography makes the overall set up as the best one to capture sloth bears at an eye level without disturbing the animal. Along with sloth bears chances of mongooses, foxes and key bird species are high here.
Note: Admission to Daroji sanctuary core area and sloth bear photography hides is subject to permission received on that very day from forest department. We shall try our best to get the permissions on any of the 3 days and our success ratio is 99.9% so far. In case of non permisison we shall continue with bird photography in various areas
Day 3 :
Early morning wake up and a head out for our fourth birding session and try to make the most of this last day of the trip. We may checkout rooms post breakfast however our cars are going to be with us throughout the day and wildlife photography shall continue till 4 pm. We may dedicate a few hours from this session to track, observe and photograph the Indian eagle owl in rocky terain or Smooth coated otters along with migratory birds in nearby reservoirs.
Around 4 pm head back to Hospet with amazing memories, experience, stories. Reach Hospete by 5 pm to start our return journey.
Tour concludes with Happy memories 😀
1. Wildlife sighting is a matter of luck, so enjoy the overall forest as a whole with all mammals and birds you sight during the tour.
2. Pricing might increase at the last minute if there are any changes made in fee structure by Forest department.
3. Batch Size 6 travellers + 1 leader
Tour Price : Rs.19,700/- per person + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.19,200/- per member + Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership details (Rs.1000/- Only), Click Here
Group Discounts : For booking of 4 or more travellers : Rs.1000/- off per person on the tour amount.
1. Transfers from Hospet to Hospet in private vehicle
2. Accommodation on Twin sharing basis at Hampi with hot-cold running water & western closet – Homestay / Bunglalow accommodation
3. All Veg meals for 3 Days (Day 1 Breakfast to Day 3 Lunch)
4. Total 04 Wildlife Watching and Photography Sessions in private cars or with maximum 4 participants per vehicle for better photography opportunities. Every participant will be given a separate window for photography.
5. Permits and Forest Department Entry charges wherever applicable are inclusive
6. Services of an expert naturalist from Mumbai Travellers team
7. Services of a local wildlife expert
1. Air/Train/Bus Tickets to and fro Hospet / Hampi
2. Camera fees if any
3. Beverages, personal orders, laundry etc
4. Personal Expenses, camera fees, tips and gratuities
5. Anything other than mentioned above
6. Taxes as applicable
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Poncho / Raincoat / Jacket (as per season).
2. Umbrella (as per season)
3. Torch (optional)
4. ID Cards Compulsory
Some Do’s :
* Carry clothes according to the season of the visit. Carry clothes that will help you camouflage with the surroundings.
* Always carry Original Identity Proof.
* Carry a fragrance-free Sunscreen.
* Always keep your phone on silent or airplane mode when entering forest.
* Cover your face with a scarf to protect it from dust.
* Also carry extra batteries, memory cards for cameras and cover it to protect the camera from dust,rain etc.
* Always remain calm and composed when any sighting takes place.
* Your guide/mentor and locals know the area inside the forest better than anyone, so do cooperate with them.
* Do follow strict timing as given by your team leader to avoid delay in any activities as safaris are group events.
* Always respect your local guide/driver and their knowledge about the forest during an safari.
* For herping/monsoon wildlife tours, always carry wind-cheaters, proper clothing and shoes, water-proof bags. Also get rain proof covers for your cameras/binoculars etc.
* Do not litter in forest and surrounding areas
* Do not throw anything out of the gypsy.
* Don’t yell,scream or wave at the animals.
* Do not wear brightly colored clothes or apply any kind of perfumes or deodorant
* Never feed any animals
* Do not play any loud music in vicinity of the forest area.
* No one is allowed to get down from the gypsy inside the forest.
* Do not argue with any person like forest guards, guides, locals or even travellers from another gypsy during the safari.
For registrations & more details –
✉ : firstname.lastname@example.org
☏ : 08692055777 / 08692086927 / 08692022777
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers