Four Days of Hampiness !!
About the Hampi-Badami-Anegundi Backpacking :
An echo of a glorious past, Asia’s Largest Lost city Hampi a jewel in the jungle and a UNESCO world heritage destination. Beloved by Backpackers and photographer is Unreal and bewitching, the forlorn ruins of Hampi dot an unearthly landscape that will leave you spellbound the moment you cast your eyes on it. Once the thriving capital of the magnificent Vijayanagar empire still host the remains of astonishing history and Religion. Followed by rusty hues offset by jade-green palm groves, banana plantations and paddy fields of chilled out native of Anegundi And to add we have Badami serving you some large rock cut caves, Aihole with historic temple Complex and finally Pattadakal UNESCO inscribed World Heritage site.
Experience the fantasy of rocks and ruins as Mumbai Travellers backpacking team ride ,pedal and walk you through history, ruins and Cafes like Hippies.
SHORT INFO & DATES
Batch 01 : TBA
Category : Backpacking India
Duration : 03 Nights / 04 Days
- Cafes in Hampi, Anegundi and Badami
- Ruins & Temple hopping
- Coracle ride
- Moped or Bicycle ride
- Home-stay & more.
Day 0 : By Bus : Departure from Mumbai by bus at 05:00 pm (Bus Booking By your Self)
VRL Travels : 05:00 PM Departure from Mumbai and 09:00 AM Arrival at Hospet I-Shift Multi-Axle VOLVO A/c Sleeper-Coach
Day 1 : Welcome to Hampi
Morning Arrival in Hospet by 10 a.m. Hop on to a local bus and head to Hampi (25 Mins). A local stay arranged for you. Enjoy your Day sightseeing the ancient ruins many of which lie in and around Hampi Bazaar and the nearby riverside area, which also encompasses the citys most sacred enclave of The architecturally rich Virupaksha temple and ghats. Our Day end with Sunset from Mantanga Hill and Stroll around Tungabhadra River.Overnight in Hampi
Day 2 : Hampi to Badami (2.5 hours)
Morning take a ride to Badami (approx 130 kms), stopping en route to visit Pattadakal a World Heritage Site, has 10 major temples representing early Chalukaya architecture. Whilst Aihole, which is known as the Cradle of Indian Architecture. Finally Badami, magnificently situated in a canyon, and scattered amongst the surroundings hills famous for is large rock cut caves. Late evening back to Hampi
Overnight in Hampi
Day 3 : Hampi to Anegundi – Gangawati (5km after river crossing )
Morning we cross the river and hire Bikes as we head to Anegudi. Situated in countryside amongst sandstone hills, lakes and peaceful farmlands is Anegundi rather relaxed backpackers heaven. A cozy Home-stay near paddy farm is waiting for you. Enjoy rest of day exploring the green paddy field hamlet at leisure on bikes. Post lunch experience coracle ride & water actives. Evening we visit Pampa Sarovar followed by a small hike (30 min uphill) and end our day with Heavenly sunset over Anjani Parvat (Lord Hanuman Birth Place)
Overnight in Anegundi
Day 4 :
Good Morning ! We are back to Hampi today as our sightseeing marathon continues visiting famous Vithhal Temple, Stone Chariot, Queens palace, Durga Temple. Early evening we head back to Hospet. Bus back to Mumbai.
Next Day : By Bus : Morning 11 am
Your memorable Backpacking tour ends here.!
This is Guided Backpacking version of Trip. Our Itineraries are carefully put together by our backpacking experts aiming to cover & experience some lesser known must-see offbeat places in India in backpacking style. Our trips are the perfect way to rediscover yourself and socialize yourself with like minded backpackers while you explore the unexplored places in India which are offbeat and general tourist often skip because of the obscure nature of these locales. After all, Columbus wouldnt be Columbus if hed stuck to taking the same journey again and again, right Occasionally backpacking trips might be bit low on leisure but always high on experiences as you enjoy local street food, interact with locals, or sharing a dorm,hostel or home-stay with other fellow travelers at some breathtaking locations across India .
“Life is all about courage and going in to unknowns”
Seems like the kind of trip youve been waiting to take Save the date!
Tour Price : Rs.8,000/- per person+Tax as applicable
New Year Batch Tour Price : Rs.12,500/- per person + Tax as applicable
Discount for Lifetime Members : Rs.200/- per members
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
– This is Backpacking version of trip – Sometimes low on Leisure and But always High on experiences.
Visits, Activities and their order are subject to change for backpacking trip based on the discretion of Mumbai Travellers.
– Trip involves walking,cycling and Moped ride (Shared)
– Rental of bike and bicycle are subject to availability Mumbai travelers try their best to arrange the same. However – – In case of non availability we will arrange alternate mode Local Rickshaw.
1. Daily Breakfast.
2. 03 Nights accommodation in Home-stays or Hotel or similar – Double or Triple sharing
3. All Transfers between Hospet to Hospet (Hampi to badami full day vehicle)
4. Cycle / Moped Rentals provision (bike and cycle rent is paid not fuel)
5. An experienced backpacking expert & a Friend who will help you take the hassle out of your travel .
6. A coracle ride
7. Guide and & Entry fees
1. Mumbai Hospet, Hospet Mumbai by Bus
2. Lunch and dinner (We want you to try out local Cuisines & not restricted to particular restaurant,cafe)
3. Camera Charges
4. Personal Expenses
5. Anything other than mentioned Above.
6. Tax as applicable
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 45 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 25% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if youve booked within the last 15 days of Tour
*Free consultation and assistance from packing your backpack to choosing lens for your Camera (pre or post trip extended days)
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Gov approved Id proof Compulsory ( NO Pan Card)
2. A small Backpack (Avoid Suitcases)
3. A Day Bag to hold camera and essential during sightseeing .
4. Beachwear in case you decide to swim or enjoy water sports.
5. Torch (Must)
6. Personal Medicines If any
7. Cap, Shades, Sun-screen etc.
8. Sport shoes or Good quality Floaters
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Sanitary Kit
11. Mosquito Repellent
FAQs For Backpacking Trips
1. What’s the age range of the Group trip
– We have travelers from all the groups of age. Since this is an offbeat backpacking travelling community, The majority of travelers are between the age group of 20-40 belonging from various professional sectors.
2. I am travelling solo for the first time . how can i expect my experience to be
– Most of our travelers here are solo . No one has a prior acquaintance with anybody other than on the community. It is going to be like the first day of school or college or office, excitement of meeting new people with the thrill of the trip. Do not expect anything less than an adventure. Absolutely, that’s the beauty of small group travel. You will make friends quickly and your Tour lead will become a good source of support to you along the way too!
3. Are single traveler mainly male or female
Most of our trips split pretty evenly down gender lines. We average roughly 60:40 female-to-males, so youll never feel outnumbered.
4. How can i be sure i am safe
– We follow a set of safety rules to make your travel experience physically and mentally safe. Our team is well trained and equipped to handle any kind of situations. Also we send precaution note for most of our trips couple of days
5. What if i want room to myself
The fun of travelling in groups is sharing of rooms. We recommend that you share the room with fellow travelers for better bonding and understanding. Somehow, if you wish to have a separate room anyway, that can be possible for additional amount depending upon the accommodation.
6. How much freedom do i have during a Backpacking trip
Every trip has an well designed itinerary to make most out of the destination or event. Group travel are all about experiences . However If any point of time, you feel like exploring the things by yourself or would like to skip a day at stay back apart from set Itinerary, you have the freedom to do so yes only after consulting with tour Lead (Remember Traveler adhere the additional cost if any ;) ). Not everybody likes museums like no everyone enjoys shopping.
Essential Checklist :
Our number one piece of advice is: collect everything you think you need
Almost everyone brings far too much stuff. We like to travel light. However, everyone has different wants and needs, so make sure you bring the stuff that makes you happy when travelling!
1. Should i bring Backpack or Suitcase
– Either is completely fine! Personally, we would recommend a backpack as it easier to carry around when going from trains to boats (and easier to lift above your head when standing knee-deep in water ;)).
2. Parents often worry about the safety of their progeny. This is completely understandable.
– Its why a group tour is ideal for any first-time traveller you are mostly in the company of other travellers, so are far less likely to get into trouble than if you were travelling solo. We try to ensure the safety of all our travellers, however we are also against the babysitting approach of other tour companies. This means a healthy amount of individual space, with a base understanding that everyone is a self-sufficient, responsible adult.
3. What are accommodation like
During the tour you will be staying in varied places (one being the night train! during travel). However, most nights you will be staying in twin or Triple rooms/Hostels/Havelis/Nature Camps etc.. with a fellow Travellers. Our accommodation are comfortable and safe and we strive to get you guys in the best locations so some mornings youll be waking up on a lake, and others right on the beach!
4. How fit do I need to be
You dont have to be an athlete to travel with us all walks and activities are optional and there is something for everyone.
5. Do I need to bring a sleeping bag or mosquito net
You dont need to bring a sleeping bag unless informed but a sleeping bag liner/ inner is advisable. You don’t need to bring a mosquito net but we do recommend getting bug repellent
Hampi Backpacking by Mumbai Travellers
unique journeysunique people
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh